Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Terraria 2 Otherworld

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Yeah, Terraria was awesome. You can play that shit for 100 hours and still have things to do.

I remember doing everything (shortly after introduction of Hard Mode patch) with my ex, and it looks like now, there's still three times more than that to do.

Akasen

Augur
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Though, let's be honest, if you are going to make a game that looks like this, you might as well call it "Terraria 2".

But I guess they have certain goals technically and Otherworld may have some differing goals from what they'd do for a full blown sequel.

Those goals though might as well include strippers for everyone since I don't see how you'd have your goals any higher than what I'm seeing here. But then, maybe I'm thinking way too small.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Hexagonal blocks instead of squares.

That's one step I'd consider plausible as a "tech milestone" for Terraria 2 that Otherworld hasn't crossed.

Turjan

Arcane
Though, let's be honest, if you are going to make a game that looks like this, you might as well call it "Terraria 2".

But I guess they have certain goals technically and Otherworld may have some differing goals from what they'd do for a full blown sequel.

This is some tower defense game. I hope they keep that shit out of any proper Terraria sequel.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
I'm actually kinda interested in seeing how that goes. At first it feels and sounds awful, but on closer inspection the "towers" are used as a game mechanic to combat the corruption.

With "invasions" already being a thing in Terraria, this is a logical step forward when you think about it, but I can understand that they'd want to "test it" first before adding it to their flagship product.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom