Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Terraria

Gord

Arcane
Q: Will their be a sequel to Terraria?
A: Yes, Redigit has said he will work on a sequel once he stops updating the original.
Looks like he spent that money faster than he expected.

He's only doing an update that will be free (at least he said so).
So I guess there's still some money left.

Gerrard

Arcane
The way I see it, if he really wants to make a sequel after this, he probably realized it would be a good idea not to go for it right after pissing off a whole lot of potential buyers.

Self-Ejected

Cosmic Misogynerd

Self-Ejected
Patron
Codex 2013 Divinity: Original Sin
I made an purple-jumpsuited gold-shoed afro-sporting black man named DaShawn Johnson. I immediately looked for a good multiplayer server, and discovered one where the server owner had spent hours in the game doing what was necessary to get the best equipment available, and had it proudly displayed in the house he built. Unfortunately for him, I wanted to play DaShawn properly.

DaShawn proceeded to build a large monument in the shape of a cock, and stole every powerful item he could get his hands on before escaping the server.

IT'S NOT GRIEFING IF YOU USE LARP AS AN EXCUSE.

I'm gonna keep digging until I find something fun.

Gord

Arcane
Some semi-recent spoiler from the upcoming 1.2 patch for Terraria, posted by Redigit :

map-png.57853

toroid

Arcane
The underground is now like 98% open connected caverns? You can practically drop all the way down to hell without digging. That's a little fucking dumbed down, isn't it? That pretty much guarantees you'll never miss a single thing. I hope it's only that way because of an in-development debug mode or something... Wait a second, why do I care? Fuck that guy for taking the money and running away for so long without finishing his game.

Turjan

Arcane
.. Wait a second, why do I care? Fuck that guy for taking the money and running away for so long without finishing his game.
:lol:

I'm not sure how much you paid, but if I compare what I got here for the $2.49 I invested a long time ago to other games of a similar price, it's just absolute win. This is one of the few games where I just have to say it's good. Could some things be better? Sure. But it's still awesome.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Lol? For $10 you got a game with a shitload of content plus that expansion they put in (with more bosses, items, the Hallowed etc.) for free. Of course I got it for $2.50, but still. Probably one of the best entertainment values I've gotten in recent years.

toroid

Arcane
.. Wait a second, why do I care? Fuck that guy for taking the money and running away for so long without finishing his game.
:lol:

I'm not sure how much you paid, but if I compare what I got here for the $2.49 I invested a long time ago to other games of a similar price, it's just absolute win. This is one of the few games where I just have to say it's good. Could some things be better? Sure. But it's still awesome.
I don't disagree. I don't remember what I paid for it, but I put at least 80 hours into it and enjoyed it quite a bit. I probably won't touch it again after the update, though, because I'm just not interested anymore. I don't hate the game, I only hate the developer for his act of abandonment. It's the principal of the matter; we were all stuck with an unfinished game because that pussy schmuck bailed out early. He's gonna have a hell of a time convincing me to buy into any of his future schemes. Hell, I'm even overly weary about Starbound simply because of Tiy's association with Terraria.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Define 'unfinished.' And when you do compare that to 99% of other games that claim to be in a 'release/polished' state.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I think he gave the impression he would support it in perpetuity almost making an MMO out of it but to think he'd keep shelling out content updates for free indefinitely is a bit unrealistic. He could have easily charged $5 for the content update he provided for free but didn't do so.

Turjan

Arcane
I think I heard stuff like that he wanted to have the NPCs fleshed out more and similar things. I assume he talked too much about the game of his dreams, which drove expectations to unrealistic heights. I never heard much about that before I bought the game, and I just realized how much better than most of the other games it is. Expectations can be a bitch, I guess.

jagged-jimmy

Prophet
Codex 2012
Exactly. The "unfinished" game offered a lot of content and then some free update. I bought it for 10 and invested over 80 hours + some dicking around with new content. The game is awesome, especially if you play in coop. The guy invested a lot of work into this and it turned out very good/polished.

Gerrard

Arcane
Compared to shit like Chivalry, I guess he is one of the least terrible indie devs when it comes to completing his game.

Gord

Arcane
Well, he also had a kid shortly before "abandoning" the game, so I guess there simply are more important things in life.
Besides - he's back and promised another massive update for free, which should be out soon.

No, I really don't see much reason to be all upset about the guy.
Considering what we paid for the game, the content we got was/is great.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
I have Starbound on pre-order, but I don't have high hopes of seeing it this year.

LundB

Mistakes were made.
Apparently I forgot to post the glorious CDS Flying Castle of Patriarchal Oppression in this thread. Time to fix that.

castle3.png

Donny

Literate
Hey,

I played this game, it's fun but it gets boring later one if you're playing all alone. That's my opinion at least. I like the variety of stuff you can do there. I even have some videos about it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdOx5eVNoDw

3 parts then I stopped recording since it wasn't having enough views.

zeitgeist

Magister
Since 1.2 is almost released, I'm thinking of getting back into Terraria, although I'll miss all the mods I used to play with. But apparently the update will have a lot of various mod features in it, so it might not be so bad. Is there still an active Codex server? If not, will there be one after the update?

Turjan

Arcane
I'm looking forward to this. Let's hope the new stuff requires a high level to activate.

Machocruz

Arcane
Game is sort of brilliant. But I spoiled it for myself by watching some multiplayer games. Playing by myself wasn't satisfying anymore.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I dunno if I'll play. I never really bothered with the last content patch bosses -- mostly because I suck and they owned me.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom