Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Terraria

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
http://www.terraria.org

ss3.png

2D platformer Minecraft clone... thingy (yeah yeah more in common with Clonk, blah blah, but no one's ever heard of that game, unlike MC). Not available yet but apparently it's generating a bit of a buzz already.

I first saw the trailer a few days back and thought well that's pretty shit, but the Let's Play series the devs have going makes the multiplayer look like it could be fun.

Last edited:

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Been watching the LP series and I'm really digging the constant advancement and rare magic gear, bosses etc. - Mojang really needs to step up their game unless they wanna lose some player base to this when it gets released.

Luzur

Good Sir
seems hard as fuck atm, been watching these yogscast guys on youtube and they are swamped with enemies at every minute, worms, zombies, slimes, flying stuff etc etc

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Yeah the spawns are a bit silly, left and right on a constant barrage. Maybe lower difficulties will have less of them, seems a bit excessive to have so much so early on (in more advanced zones it'd be fine of course).

Multi-headed Cow

Looks a lot more fun than Minecraft. Death to Sweden.

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
So i watched some LP's and it looks like fun.

OH and FUCK YOU SWEDEN YOU SUCK!!!

Exmit

Scholar
Watched the whole developers LP , looks and play alot more fun than minecraft.

Also it's generaly good as a game, i cannot stand usualy LP's but this is realy good.

This game kind of reminds me of 90's games. Love the music also.

JoKa

Cipher
looks a lot like clonk...in some cases more sophisticated, in others a bit strange..(monsters, unlimited backpack?!). will watch out for this and in the meantime play the newest freeware clonk (endeavour) - only for 100h or something.

Exmit

Scholar
Will we have Terraria server for Kodex? Might be too early for this but just asking.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Terraria, coming to you sooner than you expected. Baring no complications, Expect it available on Steam, Monday, May 16th 2011!!!!

Price afaik will be 10$.

Huh. I was just about to point this out, but the filename makes me think I wasn't as clever as I thought.

72860-199108-noteventryingtohideitJPG-620x.jpg

http://www.destructoid.com/minecraft-in ... 9603.phtml

Huh. Thought it looked familiar. Most of the sprites seem to be based on the Final Fantasy sprites. Specifically the FFV sprite set for Bartz/Butz with minor alterations.

The game looks fun, but if SquareEnix catches sight of it it's going to get a C&D very quickly. Between the poses and most of the animation, it'd be trivial for SE to prove the sprites are a derivative work... Which does make me wonder if they've... ahem, appropriated other material to modify.

Not sure why they think they'd get away with ripping off FFV sprites, don't care. If they want my money for this game, cool as it looks right now, they can hire a sprite artist to make them original sprites. I won't reward copyright infringement with money.

Looks like Minecraft? No, this looks like a game. The creating stuff part was pretty much the only thing in it that didn't look interesting (as it seemed incredibly tedious). But yeah, dunno wtf is up with the FFV sprites.

Multi-headed Cow

Gonna buy the fuck out of this come Monday. DEATH TO SWEDEN.

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
DEATH TO SWEDEN!!! God dam knäckebröd eating weirdos....

Any who i think i will buy this i can see my self having fun with it.

baronjohn

Cipher
Clockwork Knight said:
Huh. I was just about to point this out, but the filename makes me think I wasn't as clever as I thought.

72860-199108-noteventryingtohideitJPG-620x.jpg
This doesn't look derivative at all.

baronjohn

Cipher
I've already watched a few parts on youtube where the devs play it. I'm sorry to report that this game doesn't meet my :obviously: standards with regard to the art.

Maybe when it's out and the devs make lots of cash off you suckers, they will hire an artist or two for Terraria 2.

Exmit

Scholar
Game is releasing on monday for 10$

Human: Height: 2x3Blocks / Inherit: 25% Less Coin Loss on Death / Base Starting race.

2hckoie.gif

Dwarf: Height: 2x2Blocks / Inherit: Short / Short and bulky. (All hail ale!)

11goxt0.gif

Giant: Height: 2x4Blocks / Inherit: Tall / Unusually large.

9fnm2q.gif

Elf: Height: 1x3Blocks / Inherit: Slender / Slender with pointed ears.

j6iihv.gif

Orc: Height: 2x3Blocks / Inherit: Punching (Empty Slot/ dmg increases per heart & high knock-back) / Green and tribal.

292l8hf.gif

Undead: Height: 2x3Blocks / Inherit: Re-spawn Faster / Reanimated corpse.

286shz6.gif

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom