Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The 8-Bit Guy Thread

octavius

Arcane
Patron
To me 8 bit was ZX Spectrum, and games like Elite, Lords of Midnight, Doomdark's Revenge, Fairlight, Tir Na Nog, Dun Darach and Heavy on the Magic. I'm actually more nostalgic about that time than I am about my Amiga and PC days from 1988 onwards, but I don't have the same urge to revisit that area and replay those games-

:Flash:

Arcane
A new video about old MS-DOS laptops:
The guy claims that there are no mid-range DOS laptops that have a sound blaster, and that the earliest ones with a sound blaster are Pentiums.
I own a 4/86 laptop with a monochrome display and a sound blaster compatible card. I didn't even know this was a rarity.

Max Stats

Liturgist
7:13 He called Pauline Princess "Peach". Not only are they different characters, "Peach" would still have been Toadstool when the Vic 20 was in any way relevant. Looks like that version of DK is a crappy 2 board version like on Intellivision.

That last game looks like it must've been ported from a shitty Zee X Spectrum game based on those "graphics".

Someone's sure to get miffed over those repro labels (pat, ian, looking at you)

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
7:13 He called Pauline Princess "Peach". Not only are they different characters, "Peach" would still have been Toadstool when the Vic 20 was in any way relevant. Looks like that version of DK is a crappy 2 board version like on Intellivision.

That last game looks like it must've been ported from a shitty Zee X Spectrum game based on those "graphics".

This post intrigues me. I'm not sure if this is retro autism at its finest, or a post meant for another place than the RPG Codex.

But as a fellow retro reprobate (retrobate?) I enjoy any attention stuff like this gets, so... yay?

Max Stats

Liturgist

This post intrigues me. I'm not sure if this is retro autism at its finest, or a post meant for another place than the RPG Codex.

But as a fellow retro reprobate (retrobate?) I enjoy any attention stuff like this gets, so... yay?

A little of column A, a little of column B, probably

Severian Silk

Can they run Crysis?

Last edited by a moderator:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom