Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate The Baldur's Gate Series Thread

Jason Liang

Arcane
Oh then you're fine. Just install everything manually. I had to install mods manually too. Just use BWS as a downloader/ mod browser. The installer itself is a pain in the ass and I lost 2 days of my life trying to get it to work.

hell bovine

Arcane
More like switches one sort of cheese for another. Anyway, install order:
Ascension BP (big picture version)
Spell revisions
SCS
JimFix Ascension fixes

Jason Liang

Arcane
Spell revisions
SCS
JimFix Ascension fixes

Are you sure Ascension BP? Last I checked a version of Ascension compatible with BG2: EE was released.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Yeah, there's a version of Ascension which is compatible with EE. I'm mostly installing SR so my druid doesn't feel like a gimped cleric anymore.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Yeah, Iron Skins and Insect Plague are awesome... but that's it. Lightning Storm is incredibly situational due to having to be outside. Maybe the elemental summons. Everything else is gimped cleric.

Jason Liang

Arcane
The general tactic is to multi or dual druid with Fighter or Ranger/ Cleric. Dual or multiclass is the default choice for BG2 PC regardless of class (if it's allowed).

If you aren't going to use shapeshift, Totemic Druid kit is supposed to be pretty good. Or the new Shaman class- you'll no longer be a gimped cleric that way.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
If you're into that sort of thing you can use tweak mods to enable Archer/Clerics - that gives you iron skin, cleric spells and archery. Pretty cheaty though so should only be used with full SCS suite and other challenge stuff on top

Jason Liang

Arcane
You can enable full spellcasting for ranger/ cleric multiclass by changing a variable in baldur.lua . Not sure what you mean by enabling Archer/ Clerics. Clerics can't use bows so the Archer kit is useless. Without modding, only humans can dual class and have kits; a ranger/ cleric multiclass can't have a kit, although there is a mod which allows multis to have kits.

Instead of taking Druid to the end (lvl 31), either take Shaman or dual class to fighter (or figher dual class to druid). Druid is actually very interesting to dual class due to their fucked up xp progression.

Druid -> Fighter at 14, 15, 18 or 19 (depends on how many druid HLA's you want).
Fighter -> Druid at 13 or 21 (since Druid levels from 15-22 crazy fast)

Last edited:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
You can enable full spellcasting for ranger/ cleric multiclass by changing a variable in baldur.lua . Not sure what you mean by enabling Archer/ Clerics. Clerics can't use bows so the Archer kit is useless. Without modding, only humans can dual class and have kits; a ranger/ cleric multiclass can't have a kit, although there is a mod which allows multis to have kits.

Like I said:

Grunker said:
you can use tweak mods

The tweak pack gives you archer/cleric, while Level1NPC can allow dual-classed clerics to use bows.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
(clerics using bows isn't a problem for game balance buy Archer/Cleric with Iron Skins is incredibly powerful, that goes without saying)

Krivol

Magister
You can enable full spellcasting for ranger/ cleric multiclass by changing a variable in baldur.lua . Not sure what you mean by enabling Archer/ Clerics. Clerics can't use bows so the Archer kit is useless.

But can't archer grandmaster slings? I am not sure if it's an optimal choice for such character, but still...

Jason Liang

Arcane
You can enable full spellcasting for ranger/ cleric multiclass by changing a variable in baldur.lua . Not sure what you mean by enabling Archer/ Clerics. Clerics can't use bows so the Archer kit is useless.

But can't archer grandmaster slings? I am not sure if it's an optimal choice for such character, but still...

Archers cannot grandmaster slings. They can only grandmaster bows. Their bonus affects slings but they can only put 2 points of proficiency in sling.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
Druids, lol.

Anyway the best druid is a Ranger/Cleric dual wielding Flail of Ages and Crom Faeyr.

hell bovine

Arcane
Spell revisions
SCS
JimFix Ascension fixes

Are you sure Ascension BP? Last I checked a version of Ascension compatible with BG2: EE was released.
Yeah, forgot about the BWP version. That one wasn't updated in a while, I'm not sure if it requires additional fixes.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
I think that ascension for Bg2EE has some differences, making it harder on the EE version though.

I say because so because I was reading Micoselva's LP in the codex playground while playing it.

examples:
Baalthazar is now a KILLING machine.
Abizagail is immune to time stop in dragon form.
Wish time stop doesn't bypass time stop immunity.

Baalthazar additional boost makes the last fight sooooo much harder.
There are also some invisible rats (yes, rats) that prevents you to spam traps in certain areas of the throne of blood by triggering them

Works fine though.

Last edited:

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
I was playing solo though, maybe with a party you won't notice a increase in difficulty (but I think baalthazar should rly be a pain in the ass, even with 6 chars).

Lacrymas

Arcane
I'm thinking of doing a Cleric/Thief multiclass playthrough in the future and I have two questions. How good is that multiclass and what would be the best race? Gnome for the shorty saves and bonus to thieving skills or half-orc for the ridiculous physical attributes?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom