Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate The Baldur's Gate Series Thread

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
No I didn't install anything that made the enemies better such as SCS or Ascension (haven't reached BG2 yet anyway). I'm level 6 going on 7 and facing down the Sirines

Educated
IIRC that Tweak mod you mentioned has a component that makes Druid's leveling more tolerable, have you installed that? Otherwise BG2 druid is pretty boring

Wayward Son

IIRC that Tweak mod you mentioned has a component that makes Druid's leveling more tolerable, have you installed that? Otherwise BG2 druid is pretty boring
I might have, I'd have to look at the log since it was a long while ago that I installed it tbh. Only thing I know for sure is I installed Multi-Class Grandmastery and removed the level cap. IWDification has a module to add in the spells from IWD, so that mitigates some of the boredom of the leveling.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Beside leveling I am not even sure you can end the game (bg2) using a solo druid, because how do you overcome mages using a druid?
Anyway in bg1 the best weapon you can get is Drizzt's gear, which requires to kill Drizzt (or maybe you can pickpocket him but I am not sure of this; druids can't pickpocket anyway).

Last edited:

Wayward Son

Miscast Magic, Insect Swarm, Sheer Firepower, Shield of the Archons, Dispel Magic, Chaotic Commands, Magic Resistance, etc. The list goes on.
Edit: And for the most part that isn't even including things added by IWDification.

Last edited:

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Druids don't even have true sight or haste. You should make a let's play :)

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Druid/Fighter seems a better choice. Single-class Druid isn't all that good, the only benefit they get is access to a spell circle above Clerics in BG1, but eh. Spell revisions makes their spells not so shitty as well.

Wayward Son

Druid/Fighter seems a better choice. Single-class Druid isn't all that good, the only benefit they get is access to a spell circle above Clerics in BG1, but eh. Spell revisions makes their spells not so shitty as well.
Sorcerer's Place picked for me. Altogether, it's not going too bad. Also, removed the level cap, so as long as the source exists, I can level

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
This guy thinks that dropkick MicoSelva is a hardcore IE player.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
You referred to his bumbling run with the terms hardcore and glorious.

But tbh, I don't see a point in doing an LP when you are cheating with XP cap remover and extended spellcasting repertoire.

There is no challenge in what you are doing.

Wayward Son

Maybe not for you, but this is decently challenging for someone who hasn't played the goddamn series to death. Fair enough?

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Are these your stats: 12 17 10 15 13 16? Are you playing Max HPs on lvl up, rest until healed? I just like to know parameters of play.

Btw, Tarnesh casts Mirror Image, you swing your stick once and he drops - wtf?

Wayward Son

Are you playing Max HPs on lvl up,
No
rest until healed?
Yes but I can be and am still interrupted while I rest.
Btw, Tarnesh casts Mirror Image, you swing your stick once and he drops - wtf?
Honestly, that caught me completely off guard. Lucky strike on my part I guess.
Are these your stats: 12 17 10 15 13 16?
My stats are 16/18/15/10/18/15.
Edit:
Here's the records of me rolling those stats.
vaz147Z.png

Not bad for a first roll, but we can do better...
Yyk2aG2.png

Quite a bit better. With this, we can reach 20 WIS by the endgame, a potenet increase for a priest. The charisma will be raised as well to get better shop prices.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Ok, I just saw the other stats in the first pics. Yep, lucky as hell. And Mirror Image was nerfed in BG2 engine; you couldn't do that in the original BG.

Lacrymas

Arcane
According to the wiki, Tarnesh has 12 HP, but you hit him only for 7 and he dropped. Is the wiki wrong or something's up?

Wayward Son

I don't screenshot every hit. Also, I believe the guards were attackig him, so that probably had something to do with his ease of death.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Ah, I see you've used up one charge of Wand of Missiles. So both the wand and the staff managed to overcome his mirror images on the first hit? Extremely lucky.

Wayward Son

Maybe. TBH, I forget how exactly the events went, it was a few months ago at around midnight.

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
Fighter/Druid or Ranger/Cleric is generally better, all the perks of Druid spells with fewer drawbacks. Druids get Ironskins for melee and those insect spells which rape casters. Bypass his Magic Resistance, cast insect plague on firkraag, laugh as bugs eat him to death. For weapons you're either going to use scimitars (Belm is cool) or staves. Not even sure which ones are good.

For dual-wielding Axe of the Unyielding + Crom Faeyr is the most broken combo. +14 damage per hit is too good to pass up, plus regen and instakills. Cast improved haste and you're a death machine, don't even need whirlwind attack. For anyone not using Crom-> Deathbringer Halberd, Carsomyr, Or Flail of Ages are better options. Silver Sword is actually not that great, its instakill effect is too weak compared to the other vorpal weapons. Celestial fury is nice but gets totally eclipsed by the ToB items. Blackrazor is awesome but you're not supposed to be able to keep it without cheesing.

Educated
^Ranger/Clerics getting all Druid spells were fixed in EEs if he's playing them. You have to edit an ini to get them back

Lacrymas

Arcane
Ranger/Cleric is one of the most powerful combinations outside of those with mages in them. They got the Druid spells at the same time as the Cleric ones (which was a bug AFAIK, fixed in the EE), as well as the free pips in two-weapon fighting and being able to equip heavy armor.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
If you don't have access to Friends with your new repertoire, you might like to kill off Algernon for the cloak that gives +2 (Rep hit offset by donate). EE might have nerfed its cheesy Charm ability, though. Also, Dagger of Venom ($$$) is the most dmging wield in the original BG. Nerfed in BG2 engine, but should still be a potent option for a Druid.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom