Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter The Banner Saga 3

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/stoic/banner-saga-3/posts/1823329

Ubin Lives! $350k Stretch Goal Reached!

By your help and that of the rest of the caravan, Ubin Lives!, and will come roaring onto the battlefield in Banner Saga 3, axe held high!

88c6cbcc942b943799f0c65a56972d9d_original.gif

And what's that? It looks like he carries - rolled in his pack - a beautiful piece of artwork recovered from the valleys of Dalalond. As a gift from Stoic, every backer at the $100 tier or above will receive a 14" x 26" archival quality print as part of your rewards. Stay tuned after the campaign to receive your first look at the final image.

46744a21f9af46d5282033247458897a_original.png

The next goal is the Eternal Arena at $400k, which we are confident that you can help us hit! We'll share more details about this exciting battle mode as the campaign progresses toward its victorious end.

And now, we have some BIG NEWS.

We've partnered with Madefire, the best in the motion-comics business, to bring you a 4-issue Banner Saga mini-series! Madefire comics are created by the top artists and writers from around the world, and are delivered to you via a web browser, a standalone app, or even within Oculus Rift! If you've never tried Madefire, please go check it out right now, and imagine how amazing a Banner Saga comic would be on their platform.

All we have to do is hit $480k of funding, and we will be able to embark on creating this lovely experience. With everyone pulling together, we can make this Banner Saga motion comic a reality! If we reach this goal every backer will receive all 4 issues.

So spread the word and check out Madefire on their website, on itunes, or googleplay.

Shout Out!
We'd like to send a shout-out to our friends from Happy Badger Studio in the vibrant indie game dev scene in St. Louis, Missouri! They're working on Smugglecraft - a quest-based hovercraft racing game! Check out the project here:

Thank you so much for your support!

Don’t forget, please:

insukk

Augur
Patron
Codex 2012
Yeah, those next two stretch goals are underwhelming and... stupid. At least it seems that they have got the amount that they needed to do everything that they've got planned for this game.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/stoic/banner-saga-3/posts/1823622

Behind The Music With Austin Wintory

There are fewer than 36 hours remaining in the Banner Saga 3 Kickstarter campaign, and we have a special treat for you. Austin Wintory has created an amazing video that chronicles how he got involved with the Banner Saga, and how the music was scored, performed, and produced. This is truly an epic view into the creation of the unique and award-winning Banner Saga musical score.

The video speaks for itself, check it out!

With your help, we will make this final 36 hours a strong ending to a great campaign!

We're also excited to announce that we have established a Banner Saga Discord server, which allows everyone to easily chat with community and the developers in real time. We'll be using this to communicate beyond the end of the campaign, including discussion about our Alpha Test of Game Battles, the Hero Customization tool, and other Kickstarter-related goodies.

Click here to join the Discord server!

And don't forget to:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Campaign is over. $416,986 in 2017, not bad. It's almost 60% of what they made back in 2012.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/stoic/banner-saga-3/posts/1825181

FINAL PUSH - Last Day!

We are in the FINAL HOURS of our Kickstarter for Banner Saga 3! It's the last day to update your pledge and get that cool Saga Swag you’ve always wanted!

STRETCH GOALS
We've unlocked 3 Stretch Goals so far and Eternal Arena is in striking distance? Will we hit it?

508ed3f2cba069ca51729204c39d6882_original.png

As of the time of this writing, we still have a few Cameo and Immortality prizes left. This is a great opportunity to not only get yourself in the game, but to get a custom avatar icon that you can use anywhere, particularly as your profile icon for any social network or website you are a member of.

9c559676801f48295156a9c0ecd88deb_original.gif

SWEETENERS
Remember, all the Stretch Goal Sweeteners are included at the $100 reward tier and above, so if you've been thinking about increasing your pledge, now is the time!

c2b1f56535d109f088b58c2d2579fbc9_original.png

DISCORD
Join us in our Discord chat server as we watch the final hours of the campaign. Chat directly with the developers, the other backers, and the rest of our fantastic community!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/stoic/banner-saga-3/posts/1825396

Stretch Goal Unlocked - Eternal Arena!
Posted by Zeb L. West

Holy hand grenade - you did it! Not only are we at 200% of our original goal, but you've now unlocked the gates of the Eternal Arena!

12f00533885ac4bacb281c3ae91204e4_original.png

Eternal Arena - Unlocked!
BONUS LOOT!
As with all ourStretch Goals, we've got a bonus gift to thank you for helping us get there - a Trio of Collectible Pins (Varl, Human and Dredge)! These will go to all backers who have pledged $100 or more during the campaign. Thank you!

COMMUNITY ACHIEVEMENTS
You are also only ONE community achievement away from unlocking the Troll Ward for all backers! Help us get there by checking the main page to see which community achievements you might help us unlock!

STOIC TEAM CHAT WITH COMMUNITY
We're all in Discord right now (like, literally, right now) talking about the Kickstarter and upcoming game news... come join us! https://t.co/F2dJypYfR1

Banner Saga on Discord

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/stoic/banner-saga-3/posts/1825854

THANK YOU! YOU DID IT!!
Posted by Zeb L. West

Our Banner Saga 3 Kickstarter campaign has ended, and now the fun begins! We are so proud and humbled by the support, encouragement and pledges we’ve received from you all. The final few hours were absolutely thrilling to witness, and a special thanks to all of you who joined us in Discord to count down the last moments - great to be surrounded by folks who want to see this game get made, just like we do! We can’t thank you enough for your pledges and your trust.

We’d like to thank our partners at Versus Evil, Kpow Audio, and Powerhouse Animation. We’d also like to thank Twitch Prime, Penny Arcade and Austin Wintory. And finally, thanks for the support from Luke Crane!

a663230a318f4fc6dbc2c824d8ac2aeb_original.png

But our biggest thanks goes out to you, the fans, who came out in record numbers for the original Banner Saga Kickstarter and then came back and brought your friends for Banner Saga 3!

Our community showed up all over social media, dressed in cosplay, varl horns, drinking mead and showing all kinds of love - with just 2 hours left in the campaign the final 4 Social Stretch Goals were unlocked and now everyone will receive a special in-game item - the Troll Ward!

cef6dcc2985e5667263a18e57cee66f5_original.png

Some fun project Data
We thought we'd post some fun project data to give you a window into what we see through Kickstarter. We had a big spike in the last days of the project, presumably to earn some sweet stretch goals, of which you all unlocked four - Playable Dredge, Survival Mode , Ubin Lives and Eternal Arena! We also had a relatively high average pledge, which means that folks couldn't resist the rewards we offered.

c21c038439812fc7171f113ca47ee711_original.png

Of the three themed loot packages (Dredge, Human and Varl), the Varl Loot was the clear winner (I guess we have some beer drinkers out there looking for that sweet pint glass!) What really warmed our hearts was how many opted for the Art tier - we've been wanting to assemble a beautiful art book for years now, and because of all your support, it's now going to happen!

a3eea201f5b507228ebcd19581affcb8_original.png

PledgeManager
Now that the project is funded, Kickstarter will need some time to collect all the pledges and give us the greenlight that we can open up our PledgeManager page. There, you'll be able to adjust your pledge, add on a pint glass if you wish, and procure the codes for Banner Saga 1 & 2, but we'll need a bit of time to get all that set up - stay tuned!

Onward to Banner Saga 3!
In the upcoming weeks we’ll be sending more updates and keeping in touch with you, to let Backers know where they can find the exclusive backer web forums. In the meantime, you can check in with the Stoic team and community:

In our Official Forums

On the /bannersaga Reddit

In our Discord channel

One last thanks
John wanted to send a special shout out to all the computer nerds who helped us end with exactly 8086 backers.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
100 000 for game, 200 000 for DRM. Banner shaga III the writers went out of all fresh ideas.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
https://www.pcgamesn.com/the-banner-saga-3/banner-saga-3-story-gameplay-juno

Play as Juno and lead a caravan without a banner in The Banner Saga 3

Work on The Banner Saga 3 is now in full swing, and last week, developers Stoic Studio were kind enough to show us a little of what they've got so far. They walked us through what's new, and set the stage for the opening chapters of the game that'll wrap up this epic, Norse-inspired trilogy. Minor spoilers for the early stages of Saga 3 follow.

As technical director John Watson points out, The Banner Saga concerns an "unfolding global catastrophe that’s driving these survivors and refugees ahead of it", so as you'd expect, the stakes are suitably epic in this, the final instalment.

"The stakes you’re playing with here are the highest possible," says Watson. "The world is probably gonna be destroyed, and you have to try and stop that if you can, or alter the course of it in some way." Perhaps more excitingly for lore nerds, many teasing questions about the impending apocalypse, and the characters who may or may not know more about it than they're letting on, will also be answered.

"How is Juno involved in this? What is the Serpent, and how is it related to the Darkness? All of these things are going to be resolved."

Banner%20saga%203%20landscape.png

At the start of The Banner Saga 3, the survivors of the first two games are sheltering in Arberrang, the de facto capital of the human clans and the safest city on the continent. Meanwhile, the remnants of Bolverk Bloodaxe’s mercenary band, the Ravens, now follow the mysterious Valka Juno, thanks in part to her mind-controlling powers.

As for Bolverk himself, his fight with Iver at the end of the second game has big consequences. If Iver wins, Bolverk is "left behind" (in Watson’s words), and Juno's caravan gets away clean. If Bolverk won, however, he continues to hound you, possessed by the great Dredge, Bellower.

Juno will be a playable character for the first time in The Banner Saga 3, and we're shown a short stretch of gameplay in which she leads her caravan north into the spreading Darkness. Folka, Bolverk’s former second-in-command, is by her side. Caravan resources such as morale, supplies, and so on are still tracked in the UI, but now they refer to the survivors in Arberrang, not to Juno’s caravan; the latter are a small group of warriors, not a train of refugees. They don't even have a banner.

Meanwhile, Rook or Alette will have to deal with the impending Dredge attack on Arberrang, and with the petty infighting that culminates in the poisoning of King Meinolf at the end of Saga 2. There's another change in the formula here as you won't travel overland, but will move around within the city. Stoic intend that displaying Arberrang's dwindling supplies even while playing as Juno will add a sense of urgency: Rook or Alette must hold out as long as they can, while Juno and the Ravens are on a race against time to confront the source of the Darkness.

banner%20saga%203%20darkness%20things.png

In doing so, they wrap up the story in a geographic sense: you'll pass some locations from earlier games, such as Strand, the trade city that was the first place you rested in the original Banner Saga. It looks very different now - abandoned, blasted by snow, twisted and purple-tinted by the Darkness. Inside its great hall, you'll rescue a group of survivors from the clutches of a new class of enemy: Darkness-warped monsters. I see Varl and humans, but the Darkness can corrupt seemingly anything, including horseborn and even Dredge, if I'm not mistaking one of the GIFs on this Kickstarter update.

One of the survivors is - or can be - Eirik, whom players could choose to send back to Strand in The Banner Saga. If you did so, he'll be here, one of the city's last living inhabitants along with his man Valgard (also returning from the first game) and a new character, Halfern, a self-taught mender who will serve as "a sort of counterpoint to Juno", and will play a big role in the story.

Banner%20Saga%203%20strand%20great%20hall_5.png

At a mechanical level, don't expect any major changes - Stoic don't want to alter the Saga's core systems because they "want the games to feel coherent," says Watson. But there are a few additions, notably to progression; "just like when we added talents to Banner Saga 2, now when you go past rank ten there’s a thing called Heroic Titles that allows you to apply newly-designed passive abilities to your character to refine their role."

You can also expect more dynamic battlefields, with changing victory conditions and "more battlefield interactivity - we added destructible obstacles in Saga 2, we’re gonna add interactive objects in Saga 3, so you can interact with something and cause a change to the battlefield, like closing a gate or knocking over a pot of fire to create a hazard."

The Banner Saga 3 doesn't yet have a release date, but it's fully-funded, having earned more than double its target on Kickstarter. Catch up on the story so far with The Banner Saga and The Banner Saga 2 over on Steam.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
https://www.pcgamesn.com/stoic-studio-next-game

The Banner Saga Tactics? Stoic want "something competitive" and "mechanically driven" next

Banner%20Saga%202%20landscape_0.png

With The Banner Saga 3 in development, developers Stoic Studio spoke briefly about what they might do next after wrapping the trilogy that's made their name. A series of Banner Saga animated films was mentioned as a possibility, but the leading suggestion seems to be a competitive, combat-oriented game, perhaps a Banner Saga Tactics.

During our chat about The Banner Saga 3 at the end of last week (which you can read here), I wondered if there was anything the developers wanted to achieve in the Banner Saga, but haven’t been able to. Technical director John Watson thinks for a moment.

“Not on a large scale,” he says, while acknowledging that there are always small details you can polish as a developer approaching the finish line. “You kinda have to exercise a little self-control over that, because at some point, those little details don’t matter anymore, or you can just circle it forever and never actually finish it.”

He does say he loves the animated sequences that Stoic threaded throughout the Banner Saga 2, so expect more of the same in Saga 3, and possibly beyond. “We’d love to see more of that, we’ve been pitching the ideas of doing a series or a short film for a while, and I think that’d be very satisfying.”

banner%20saga%202%20juno.png

Producer Zeb West mentions Factions, the spinoff which took the turn-based strategy combat from The Banner Saga and packaged it as a free-to-play multiplayer game. The Banner Saga: Factions launched on Steam almost a year before the first chapter of the single-player trilogy did, and briefly attracted a passionate community who dove into the combat. Their feedback seems to have been useful and much-valued by Stoic, but:

“As a small team, you live and die on your focus,” says West. “It’s your most precious resource, and that needs to jive with what keeps the business running. So with a team our size, I think it was not the right choice to take [Factions] and really develop it further, and bring it up to date with the engine for Saga 2 and Saga 3. But I do think that that stays with Stoic, ‘cause when we talk about what’s after the Banner Saga, we’re like: we wanna do something that’s multiplayer, head-to-head, evolves with the community, and is patched and changes and stuff like that.”

Watson agrees, saying the team would’ve liked to develop Factions - or a game like it - a little more. “But it’s just bandwidth, it’s just not enough hours in the day.”

It’s clear this is a studio who value their interactions with fans, having spoken of their regret in closing themselves off during development of The Banner Saga 2.

“Whatever we do next, we want to focus on something mechanically driven, gameplay mechanics-driven, like tactical combat, or something competitive,” says Watson. “‘Cause it was such a fun experience having that community for Factions - it was so active and everybody was very energised, digging down into the systems and mastering them. I’d like to be part of that kinda thing again.”

Watson says “something like Factions, like a Banner Saga Tactics game”, is something Stoic would consider in the future. “It’s certainly a possibility. I’d be down for that.”

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Better late than never:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/stoic/banner-saga-3/posts/1842753

Your Pledge Manager is Now Available!

Thank you again for your support of Banner Saga 3! We’re thrilled to announce that the PledgeManager for our Kickstarter is now available. Now it's time to confirm any details for your reward like colors, sizes, shipping, and other extra goodies. If you have had your eye on the physical Art Book, grab one now! If you just aren’t satisfied with just one Loot Pack, be sure to consider the War Chest!

[CLICK HERE TO ACCESS PLEDGEMANAGER]

If you added $20 to your pledge for Saga 1 and Saga 2, you should see the ‘Backer Bundle’when you get to the Add-Ons page. Just choose which platform you’d like (Steam or GoG) and you’ll get your keys upon check-out!

20f6ff1f5369741fac5b270ec8765ae8_original.png

Add-Ons!
We've created several more items that were not available in the Kickstarter, such as 2 additional Pint Glasses and Mugs. Check them out, and lots more, in the Add-Ons section.

e18f89eb781df8dd60e8fdc6572a8dc2_original.png

We need to know numbers of items to order so this is your chance to claim your swag!

If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to us directly by email to support@stoicstudio.com and we’ll do our best to help you.

Please note: Shipping will be charged closer to fulfillment dates. We want to make sure we charge one time only for shipping and that it’s the best possible deal for you and for us! I.e. if we guestimate now we would need to round way up to make sure we don’t take a bath on costs.

Awards Season!
We really appreciate the patience everyone has shown while we got Pledge Manager set up. The team has been extremely busy working on the game, and as well John, Arnie and Zeb traveled to London, UK to attend the BAFTAs last week! Banner Saga 2 was nominated in the Best Mobile category.

0077d2b5a48966e1ae7ed7816ba31023_h264_high.jpg

Banner Saga 2 also won Best Strategy Game from Game Industry News Game of the Year Awards. We couldn't do it without all of you.

Thanks for your support!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/stoic/banner-saga-3/posts/1892780

Summer 2017 Update
Posted by Zeb L. West

Greetings, backers, and happy summer 2017!
We thought it was high time we updated all of you on what we've been doing lately. We've been hard at work on Banner Saga 3, as well as supporting everyone jumping into PledgeManager to confirm their rewards (if you have not yet done so, please head in as soon as you can to finalize your pledge so we can order the correct number of rewards for you)!

Arnie has been hard at work making the final art for rewards like posters, t-shirts and album cover art! Check out the first pass at the vinyl LP sleeve art:

Draft Cover for Banner Saga 3 OST

News from the Team
a25f2048cc3da961ab0aed3eb39a365c_original.png

Alex Thomas, co-founder of Stoic and co-creator of the Banner Saga, is back from working on his own game Killers and Thieves to work on Banner Saga 3. The team is excited to have him back to finish the trilogy he helped begin with Banner Saga 1.

During the development of Saga 1, Alex posted a thread called "What is Told", a multiple part story set in the world of The Banner Saga in which he discussed the history and key concepts of the world. To celebrate his return and give those of you who may not have seen it the chance to do so, Alex has edited and update the work in this thread on our official forums: What is Re-told by Alex Thomas

725eeb5f5f8afc289dea084c915e0aaf_original.png

Hello backers and bannerfolk!

I’m Zeb West, Stoic’s producer. The team thought you might like a progress update on Saga 3 development, and I’m happy to report that we now have the core story nailed down. That means we’re out of the ‘pre-production’ phase and into full-on development - where actual content, features and game assets are going into the engine.

To get a sense of the whole story, we’re working chapter-by-chapter (although not in chronological order - we hit the beginning and ending first). With each chapter, we focus on nailing down the arc, and getting the pacing and tension right. We give every chapter an initial two-week pass so that after a few months, we’ll have an alpha-level version of the entire game, playable from beginning to end.

With the main story in place, Alex Thomas is writing some unexpected twists and turns in conversations (I have been loving some of the character development he’s been turning in). This game is the culmination of a trilogy of character choices, so he has the herculean task of bringing all those branching plot lines together (or deciding where they will permanently diverge).

Matt Rhodes is designing abilities for the new characters (Ubin, Juno, playable Dredge, etc) and we’ve already started to see new in-game animations come online from Powerhouse Animation. Matt has also started to design the backer-only ‘Alpha Battleboards’ which we’ll open up for testing soon! These will be single-serving battles we’ll put up through Steam for you to try out new mechanics and give us feedback. Up-to-the-minute discussion will happen in Discord, but we’re also freshening up our forums for long-form feedback with screenshots, diagrams and infographics. We will want to hear your thoughts and feedback on new character abilities and battlefield mechanics - what’s working? What’s not?

Do producers always candy-coat these updates as if nothing’s going wrong? I won’t! We’ve had some challenges! John and Arnie have to run the business on top of being our main artist and programmer, and as a result those two areas of development are coming along more slowly. Banner Saga 1 and 2 are still finding a larger and larger audience, which means continuing to support more languages and platforms. We love bringing the story to new audiences, but we have to balance it with bringing the ending to the folks who’ve come with us on this journey! Thankfully, we’ve brought on an additional full-time programmer in Seattle, and are in process of hiring an additional full-time artist in Austin in order to keep to our schedule.

Every day we’re working to deliver the satisfying, thoughtful and emotionally fulfilling conclusion to this epic that this story deserves. Thanks for supporting us, and we’re looking forward to sharing more in the near future!

Yours truly,

Zeb L. West

Shout Out - Killers and Thieves
While you’re waiting for Banner Saga 3... have you ever wanted to run a thieves guild? Stoic is proud to announce it's first foray into publishing, bringing you Alex Thomas' indie cult classic Killers and Thieves, available now on PC from Steam! Assemble and train a team of unique burglars, thieves and prowlers then send them on daring heists across a sprawling city. Do you want the agile catburglar, the master lockpicker, or the deadly cutthroat? Take the city then take your revenge in Killers and Thieves, the guildmaster adventure from the co-creator of the Banner Saga series.

Killers and Thieves

Banner Saga at IndieBox
Have you ever wanted a beautiful physical collectors edition of The Banner Saga to put up on your shelf? Stoic has partnered with IndieBox, and we're thrilled to carry the title of their 'largest collectible ever' with our bust of Ubin!

Be sure you subscribe to IndieBox before July 18th to get the Banner Saga Collector’s Edition!

Banner Saga at IndieBox

Thank you again for all your support and kind words during the campaign and look for another update about Alpha Battleboard access soon!

Sincerely,

Arnie, John and the Stoic team

Get Killers and Thieves Now

Register for our Stoic Newsletter

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Follow us on Instagram

Join the team to chat live in Discord

Subscribe to our YouTube Channel

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/stoic/banner-saga-3/posts/1992720

The first Alpha Battle is here! New Art Reveal!
Posted by Zeb L. West

Greetings, Backers!

We're excited to share our first Alpha Battle with those who backed at a "Banner Bearer" tier or above - the time has come for you to take up your axe and after the dust has settled on the battlefield - tell us what you think!

These are single-serving battles where you get a first look at new features and may help us tune them and tweak them! There will be a survey link right after the battle, so please make your voice heard! We're sharing our Alpha-level work with you (it's like a rough draft) so we ask that you do not share video or screenshots. A lot of this work will be updated and polished before the game launches. The goal here is to show you a new feature (in this case, the new 'Battle Waves' system) so we can hear what you think!

a42cd038a3d22353c511ab79fe11fdf7_original.jpg

Get your Steam Code from PledgeManager
Your Steam code for the Alpha Battle is available through PledgeManager - you probably received an automated email saying your new code is available. You can also just log onto the PledgeManger site today (Monday, October 16, 2017), and your Steam code for the getting into the Alpha Battle will be on your Checkout page.

Make your voice heard!
  • Survey - There is a SurveyMonkey link right after you finish the Alpha Battle - we'd be so grateful if you'd fill it out!
  • Backer-Only Forums - You can do a more long-form post in our Backer-Only forums, with all your charts, diagrams, diatribes, and spreadsheets! Please make sure you’re registered on the Stoic forums using your Kickstarter email address so you can access the hidden Alpha Battles forum (Once you're registered, head into the Alpha Battles Forums for more instructions.)
  • Discord - Come chat real-time in our Discord to discuss with the devs as well as the other backers! We've created a backer-only channel in our Discord server where you can debate with other backers, as questions, discuss strategy. Send a direct message to @Saga3-KS-bot with your Alpha Battles Steam Code, which will unlock your @alpha rank in Discord. Then just double-click to join the #alpha_battles channel.
It's not too late to join the Alpha Battles!
You can still up your Pledge to the $50 or higher level to be included! Just go to our PledgeManager site and increase your backer amount.

Thank you for your support! If you have any questions or did not receive your email, please let us know at pm-help@stoicstudio.com.

New Art Reveal!
In case you missed it, we've created a video revealing the new splash screen art for Banner Saga 3 - check it out on our Youtube Channel!

BAFTA Live Stream with the Team this Friday
This Friday, October 20, 2017 at 11:00 Central time (17:00 UTC), our Banner Saga team will be speaking live on stream with BAFTA for their Games Masterclass series. Please join us on Twitch.tv!

BAFTA

http://www.bafta.org/whats-on/bafta...-consequential-storytelling-with-stoic-studio

Shout Out!
We wanted to take a moment to shout out to our friends at 6EyesStudio for their project, Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark, which you can back right now here on Kickstarter! Please take a look:

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/stoic/banner-saga-3/posts/2063745

Holiday Greetings and Update!
Posted by Khatie

Greetings, Backers!

To continue our yearly tradition, we’ve created another Banner Saga holiday card to thank you for all your support, encouragement and faith over this last year. As always, the card is inspired by the classic holiday cards of Eyvind Earle! Plus it pays homage to the city where it all began for Stoic - do you recognize the skyline? It’s available to download as an HD wallpaper in all the sizes on our website.

Happy Holidays from Team Stoic!

Stats from Alpha Battle 1
We had an amazing turnout of Kickstarter Backers playing our first ‘Alpha Battle’ and testing our new Battle Waves system. We got some great feedback, suggestions and encouragement on the system - here’s a delicious infographic to share some of the survey data we collected. Backers, keep an eye on our KS Updates because Alpha Battle #2 is just around the corner!

4acbc5207029355d6d03370ae3c085fa_original.jpg

Alpha Battle 1 Stats

c666812cd7abaccaa655b55bf7fe5437_original.png

This is Zeb when he's cheerful

Hey Bannerfolk! As 2018 approaches, I suppose you must be wondering how far along we are in development of Banner Saga 3! What's the status? Where's the final chapter to my epic saga? Why don't you just ship this thing already so I can know how it all ends!?! Well, I'm here to answer ALL your questions, because I'm the producer, and that's just what we do.

Banner Saga 3 is still in an Alpha state, but I'm happy to report that we are approaching the ‘Feature Complete’ milestone (where no more new game features are added and we start to iterate, bugfix and polish). These are the features and tools that our programmers (John and Drew) deliver to the designers (Matt and Alex) so they can implement content into the game (character conversations, combat abilities, and new game systems).

Speaking of the designers, Arnie’s creative team (Art and Design) are trying to get to ‘Content Complete’ so that we can consider writing and art assets to be ‘final, polished and ready to ship.’ The final pass on writing will happen this year, and the translation/localization process will soon kick off for 10+ languages. Isn't it exciting to think that the final chapter of the story is almost completely written? I totally know how it ends and I'm not even going to tell you. :o)

Our partner companies are kicking into high gear to deliver their final assets early next year:
  • Powerhouse Animation is compositing our in-game cinematics at break-neck speed to meet deadlines early in 2018. (Did you guys see their work on Battle Chasers and Castlevania? These guys are KILLIN IT)
  • This month we’re kicking off Quality Assurance testing to start gathering bugs to squash.
  • Austin Wintory is composing and delivering scratch music tracks (placeholders made digitally to stand in for the real tracks that come after recording). He’ll be tuning up the full symphony for orchestral soundtrack recording in January.
  • KPoW Audio is playing through the latest build and planning out sound effects.
  • Syrland will be recording voice over for some of our cinematics early in the new year in their intimidating Nordic voices.
  • Versus Evil is creating their marketing master plan, including in-person appearances for the team at many gaming shows (look for those announcements on social media in the new year!)
For those of you in our Kickstarter, many of the merchandise items have been manufactured and are on their way to our fulfillment facility - we continue to strive to beat our December 2018 deadline for those, and there should be some exciting updates in the new year.

Banner Saga 1 and 2 are also getting some love and bugfixing and we're hoping to have an exciting announcement in the new year that I'm not going to say anthing more about, because I'm the producer, and that's just what we do. -Your Truly, Zeb L. West

Shout Out - Death's Door
2fd31c2f7c10f61e07ec7b3457d20ac9_original.jpg

Death's Door

Our friends at Shiny Shoe (our porting partners for Playstation and Xbox, and so much more) have released a groundbreaking new RPG on Twitch and Mixer called Death’s Door. The community plays this old school dungeon crawl, making each choice in the adventure together by voting (and shouting at each other raucously in the chat)! It’s a retro hack and slash (with EXCELLENT music) that’s super addictive, and we’re excited to see where this experimental use of streaming platforms leads! Check it out on Mixer or Twitch Monday through Friday from 9am - 10pm PST.

Happy Holidays from Team Stoic
As we head into the 2017 holidays, we’re reminiscing about how far we’ve come this year! We launched our Banner Saga 3 Kickstarter campaign in January and funded in less than one week. We went on to see tremendous support and generosity from the entire Banner Saga community of players. We were able to hire some new key team members, Drew, Danny and Andy. And we launched our first Alpha Battle to backers as promised, welcoming their feedback and suggestions in the process of game design we so dearly love.

From all of us to all of you, from our families to yours, we wish you all a happy and healthy holiday season.

c2931c65907c9f548292af1bdf65447f_original.png

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014

The final installment of the award-winning RPG, The Banner Saga, will be launching this year! We kick off the road to launch with a series of vignette trailers highlighting influential characters in this epic Viking saga. Varl loyalist, Fasolt is the first warrior we review. What are his true motives and will he turn his back on civilization in their greatest time of need in revenge for wrongs past?

Banner Saga 3 COMING SUMMER 2018

Summer? It was supposed to be out in December this year.

Dw0dXt0.jpg

https://www.reddit.com/r/bannersaga/comments/7sk8ll/official_banner_saga_3_development_is_ahead_of/

m_s0

Arcane

The final installment of the award-winning RPG, The Banner Saga, will be launching this year! We kick off the road to launch with a series of vignette trailers highlighting influential characters in this epic Viking saga. Varl loyalist, Fasolt is the first warrior we review. What are his true motives and will he turn his back on civilization in their greatest time of need in revenge for wrongs past?

Banner Saga 3 COMING SUMMER 2018

Summer? It was supposed to be out in December this year.

Dw0dXt0.jpg

https://www.reddit.com/r/bannersaga/comments/7sk8ll/official_banner_saga_3_development_is_ahead_of/

In translation: they ran out of money and had to wrap it up. No ill will on my part, I just don't believe this story considering the context.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

As we approach the release of Banner Saga 3, the final installment in the award-winning RPG trilogy, our attention turns to the race all have feared since the dawn of creation - the Dredge! But are they the real threat, or is there more to this mysterious race than meets the eye? Banner Saga 3 - COMING SUMMER 2018

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

Bolverk, one of the last remaining Varl giants and mercenary leader of the Ravens had a major role to play in Banner Saga 2. What will drive him now as the darkness threatens to take over the world? Find out this summer when the final installment of the award winning RPG series launches.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom