Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Mass Effect 3/BioWare Thread

Father Walker

Potato Ranger
SAN FRANCISCO – Shares of Electronic Arts Inc. fell nearly 3% to $17.75 on Thursday morning after an analyst with Brean Murray Carret & Co. cut his price target on the stock to $22 from $28, citing concerns about the recently released online multi-player game "Star Wars: The Old Republic." In a note to clients, analyst Todd Mitchell wrote that "creeping concerns" about the performance of "Star Wars" -- which was released in late December -- is causing him to trim his earnings estimates for the 2013 fiscal year. "Specifically, initial sales appear to be below expectations, and casual observation of early play is causing us to rethink our churn assumptions," Mitchell wrote.​

It's amazing what one Todd armed just with initial sales data and "casual observation" can do!

"Casual observation", i.e. probably his kid didn't like it :smug:

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
I have no sympathy for those that willingly allow the Donkeys of EA and Bioware to butt fuck them.

WalmartJesus

Learned
I have no sympathy for those that willingly allow the Donkeys of EA and Bioware to butt fuck them.

Bioware sheep remind me of the sad brainwashed bastards in the People's Temple that gave Jim Jones their life savings and blindly followed him down into Guyana ,South America... to be apart of his mini-totalitarian prison utopia during the late 70's

Cant say I'd shed a tear if they shared the same fate:

JonestownArielBodies.jpg

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
lol

I especially like the forum answers: "You ask about technical help for cancelling your sub? BANNED!"

Although I do think the cancel sub button going missing is a bug, so I find just as much hilarity in the fact that the Codex thinks it's intentional. Not like it will rake in cash for Bio or EA.

Codex + Bioware = Greatest source of fun there is on the web.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I wonder how successful SWTOR would have been if the prequels hadn't sucked major ass.

Do you think it would have had any effect at all? I haven't seen much talk about how Lucas may have devalued his brand - every has kept on assuming that "Star Wars = guaranteed sales".

Mortmal

Arcane
A bug ? Very unlikely, i suscribed the day of release and exactly right when i am supposed to be charged, right after a disastrous patch that diddnt address any issues , the cancel button suddendly disappear. You have to be one of those bioware fanboy sheep to beleive it was just a bug or a mistake.And to add the icing to the cake, the work around thread is locked!
The forum are indeed a very hostile place, any criticism, any rebalance suggestions is welcomed by the usual moronic go back to wow and stop whining.I dont know how bioware could take any feedback from that.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
How can such a profitable thing happening EXACTLY at the right moment not be intentional? People will forget about this quickly, but the $ will stay...

sser

Arcane
Developer
Unsurprising. I still think this huge investment by EA will not turn out as expected and BioWare will be mulched by the corporate woodchippers when it's all said and done.

Angthoron

Arcane
The sub-studio at least. I'd say they'd follow Mythic's fate, but they already have.

Angthoron

Arcane
Well, they're merged with Bio's MMO division now so they can teach them how to make more failures.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Jesus Christ.

I'm honestly in shock here. I never really thought they would stoop this low. Of course there's making shitty games, but this makes them crooks. They're actual crooks now.

Of course this was intentional. The button disappearing only a few days before everyone's free trial ends? No way that's a coincidence. No fucking way. And then them trying to hamstring efforts on their forums. Unbelievable.

I hope a class action lawsuit is coming their way, and I hope they lose. Shit like this should not be tolerated.

I will never again buy anything from Bioware, even if it's a good game (though the odds of that are very small now.) They won't get a penny from me from now on, because of this.

And I have something else to add. Normally when I see these "I hope X company goes under" posts over here I think the person is being needlessly vindictive and is out of line, but I'll say this now: I hope Bioware dies. I fervently hope they quickly go bankrupt, and I will toast that day when it finally arrives.

Good riddance, Bioware.

Fuck, we need the front page for this.

Steve

Augur
33kau1l.jpg

Could be photoshopped but I doubt that since you can get banned for almost anything, even for farming or using the auction house to gain profit, buying low and selling high is an exploit according to bioware.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Seems like it's generally a good idea not to use the EA forums if you're playing one of their online games.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Dear User
You have received an infraction at Mass Effect 3

Reason: Terms of Service Violation (Breaking cinematic experience)
-------
You account has been permanently suspended for violating Mass Effect 3(tm) community Terms of Service, specifically regarding breaking your cinematic experience:

Mass Effect Accounts are not allowed to move too fast or fall behind current cinematic scripts nor is any other player action not envisioned by sir David Gaider.

Due to you leaving the combat area despite the game telling you not to, we have permanently suspended your Origin account for violating our Terms of Service.

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Holy fucking shit this is hilarious :lol: They really want that $$$. The forum ridiculousness is standard Bioware, which I am thankful for. Even if their games suck, I can always rely on their customer "service" for entertainment. Still cant believe anyone who touched the beta even bothered to pay for the game though, that turd was obvious from pretty much the first quest.

meh

Educated
*pic*
Could be photoshopped but I doubt that since you can get banned for almost anything, even for farming or using the auction house to gain profit, buying low and selling high is an exploit according to bioware.
Nice find :thumbsup:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom