Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Mass Effect 3/BioWare Thread

Sykar

Arcane
Correct, but I saved myself when Morrigan showed up. I just rage-quitted after hearing her talk and then stand next to my war table.

I hope you hit that uninstall.exe afterwards. It's the best part of Dragon Derp: Inquitardation.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
feelz.jpg

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
It was more like "I want to see Cole's companion quest... but this Morrigan... maybe I'll come back later and at least play that?" and I never came back to DA:I, so yeah, you can say I uninstalled afterwards.

Rehvini

Novice
I'm not entirely sure Weekes is that good of a writer. Seems he's digressing into fanfic smut with "You want to ride the bull."

.....That line alone... Weekes has fallen in my esteem. RIP, Weekes.

Caim

Arcane
"You want to ride the bull." VS "Heavy risk... but the priiiize."

Which line from a Bioware romance is worse and why?

Rehvini

Novice
At least "Heavy risk... but the priiize." tickled the humor bones. Riding the bull is neither funny nor useful, even in mocking satirical works. It's a hideous collection of words that incites only facepalming or sudden suicidal sentiment.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Wait what? Isn't writing anything as a group considered a horrible horrible idea? No wonder everything these days feels so lifeless.
Lots of screen plays are co-written by 2 or 3 people. There are some popular 2 person collab novels.

I think this is pretty common in RPGs since usually the workload is assigned with each person responsible for certain characters, so if they have a dialog, that's 2 people collaborating.

Dreaad

Arcane
Deep in your subconscious mind spreading lies.
So just like I said.... lifeless.
:troll:

Actually I think it would be kind of interesting to see if more writers overall leads to more popamole. From anything, movies, books, games etc. There has to be some point at which there is too many cooks in the kitchen.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
IIRC from reading some posts from Weekes, Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2 were all written by individual writers (each did certain sections as well as the characters). All of this writing was then put up for a peer review (for changes, continuity, and if some things changed).

However that changed with Mass Effect 3, of which Weekes was a bit puzzled by.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
So just like I said.... lifeless.

Actually I think it would be kind of interesting to see if more writers overall leads to more popamole. From anything, movies, books, games etc. There has to be some point at which there is too many cooks in the kitchen.
I agree, at some point there's too many people. For video game writing that number is probably higher than 3 though.

RK47

Patron
good thing kingdom of amalur only hired one writer.

Modron

Arcane
And by that you mean found a random wino and payed him in spirits to string random thoughts together?

Duraframe300

Arcane
I'm not entirely sure Weekes is that good of a writer. Seems he's digressing into fanfic smut with "You want to ride the bull."

.....That line alone... Weekes has fallen in my esteem. RIP, Weekes.

http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showpost.php?p=15098&postcount=32

This is like Jessica Alba saying that she wouldn't strip in Sin City because she didn't want to be seen as just a sex object. Jessica, you are just a sex object. That's all you have going for you. Sawyer, you dowrite masturbatory fantasy indulgence.

When I come home from a long day at work, make dinner, clean up after dinner, and help put my little dude to bed, I've got about half an hour to do something on my own time before it's time for me to do evening chores and head for bed. I'm not looking for a sword-holding simulation complete with gangrenous leg wounds and a terrifying fear of combat. I'm looking to be the hero who whacks bad guys. I'm looking for comfort in the realm of the heroic. Yes, it's an indulgence, because I spent $60 Canadian toindulge myself. It's only a shallow indulgence if it's badly written.

RK47

Patron
paid canadians to indulge himself.

:lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom