Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Mass Effect 3/BioWare Thread

Suchy

Arcane
I don't know, I wouldn't be surprised though.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
To be fair, it looks like "Partha" was just having some kind of technical error.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
To be fair, it looks like "Partha" was just having some kind of technical error.
Or he could be behind his quota for completed support chats for the month, and is now desperately rushing to close as many chats as possible so he can collect his paycheck.

racofer

Thread Incliner
I love the language BioWare is using. Not even Bobby would write in such a heartless corporate fascist manner.

Maybe it's a small, friendly competition between Riccitiello and Kotick to see who is the most devilish CEO. Whoever loses has to cook dinner the other during friday's night money pool swimming gatherings.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
sp192.jpg

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Hilarious. What do they think they're doing? The damage to their brand should significantly outweigh whatever they get from withholding subscriptions. How many subscribers could they have that this would profit them in the long term? The only way I can see this as being a logical action is if they're facing bankruptcy and are trying to make away with as much cash as possible before the shit hits the fan.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
You know, as much as the Codex might hate WoW, when they had technical problems they'd usually allow people to vent about it as long as they kept it to one thread, and getting banned from the WoW forums would never ban you from the game itself.

Also, I seriously doubt this was intentional. Probably just technical incompetence from whoever maintains their website.

Angthoron

Arcane
Can get you banned from playing ALL games associated with the forum/Origin accounts.

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
Do you need to posess an account with games in order to post?

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
Yeah, I know that happened, but they reverted it afterwards. I mean, do people actually get banned from ToR for what they post on the official forums? (disregarding fringe cases like that I'm 12 meme guy)

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
You know, as much as the Codex might hate WoW, when they had technical problems they'd usually allow people to vent about it as long as they kept it to one thread, and getting banned from the WoW forums would never ban you from the game itself.

Also, I seriously doubt this was intentional. Probably just technical incompetence from whoever maintains their website.
I remember when Wow first came out, there was more people than Blizzard anticipated and their servers weren't able to handle the load, creating lag for lots of players. Blizzard's response was to give one extra free month to everyone who had played during that first month of lagtime. Now compare that to this.

Look, if it really was a bug, Bioware should have made a front page newspost apologizing for the bug as well as giving step by step instructions on how to work around it. And then made a sticky topic in their forums as well. Have they done that? No, instead threads are getting locked. There's your answer.

MetalCraze

Arcane

So there was a cancel button but then it mysteriously disappeared exactly a month after release and people got banned for mentioning it.
Pure fucking coincidence. Just like Warhammer Online milking your credit card dry.

tiagocc0

Arcane
I wonder when I will be able to control a big company so I can fuck people up and down and still get all the money I want at the end of the day and every big game event and news company would still suck me dry like I have the perfect game coming soon!

Angthoron

Arcane
Yeah, I know that happened, but they reverted it afterwards. I mean, do people actually get banned from ToR for what they post on the official forums? (disregarding fringe cases like that I'm 12 meme guy)

Eh, you can get game-banned for forum misconducts even on WoW, of course you'll get banned on TOR.

tiagocc0

Arcane
If you want to cancel you have to call us, because we are such a big company and have no one with web skillz.
Our dog was doing the html thing but he was ran over last week so we are hiring now, if you can lick your ass and make cancel buttons, then send us your resume!

EDIT: Forgot to mention that your salary will a monthly subscription!

Steve

Augur
Can get you banned from playing ALL games associated with the forum/Origin accounts.
Yes, atleast that's the case with BF3. As far as I know, SWTOR doesn't require origin.

Eh, you can get game-banned for forum misconducts even on WoW, of course you'll get banned on TOR.

For serious stuff only, like posting goatse there or something.

Angthoron

Arcane

They reverted it up until the minor media furore died down, then carried on doing exactly the same shit.
You mean Blizz? I know a few people that have recently got (temp)banned for trolling, so nah, they do ban, but as Steve said, you actually have to work for your ban. TOR is a much more "policed" MMO from the start though, LA doesn't want the license to be tarnished, or a single child to be butthurt.

Mozgoëbstvo

Learned
Not cool, man, reminding me there's another Max Payne in the works.
Set in BRAZIL! Vamo pipocar os manolos! AUSHAUHSIUAHSIUAHSIUAHISUHAIUSHAIUSHIAUSHIAUHSU

Can't wait to play it and inevitably realize that the locals are voiced by africans or hawaiians...:lol:

So very true. When making games set in "exotic locales", they seem to never account for the bullshit the natives of those places can call on.

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
Not cool, man, reminding me there's another Max Payne in the works.
Set in BRAZIL! Vamo pipocar os manolos! AUSHAUHSIUAHSIUAHSIUAHISUHAIUSHAIUSHIAUSHIAUHSU

Can't wait to play it and inevitably realize that the locals are voiced by africans or hawaiians...:lol:
:incline:
Anything to avoid faggy São Paulo/Southern regions faggots accent and slang :TBS:

the more nonsensical this is, the better

the fact that those fuckers dared to make a game set in my country makes me wish the country isn't really portrayed or that the game will bomb. HARD:rage:

seriously I think this game is going to be very tortuous for me, I already want to go on a killing spree just from watching tv for a few minutes :ideologicalwar:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom