Tacticular Cancer: We'll have your balls

1. You can now buy a 16 GB Codex Troll USB 3.0 for $30 USD (includes postage), simply [donate to the campaign] here!
  2. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The BioWare Thread!

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by Wyrmlord, Dec 19, 2011.

1. Wyrmlord Self-Ejected Patron

Wyrmlord
    Click here and disable ads!
    I mean this guy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

James Vega is totally unlike any previous BioWare character.

The closest I can say is that he is a younger Guido version of Canderous Ordo.

Come on. BioWare always repeats something from previous games. Are they actually doing something new, or is the original prototype of him from previous games too well hidden to be detected?
    ^ Top  
  2. Infinitron RPG Codex Staff Patron

Infinitron
    Codex 2012 Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
    :lol: Quick, somebody register HotQuariansWithDouchebags.com
    Jools Brofists this.
    ^ Top  
  3. abnaxus Arcane

abnaxus
    Apparently this guy is the gay romance option.

So it appears Shepard will be the bitch.

Yeeeaaahhhhhhhh.
    ^ Top  
  4. waywardOne Augur

waywardOne
    Where's Boo?
    l3loodAngel Brofists this.
    ^ Top  
  5. Black Arcane

Black
    Looks like a pretty original character.
    ^ Top  
  6. Clockwork Knight Arcane

Clockwork Knight
    He looks like a character from a bara comic. I hope Bio can animate sweat.
    ^ Top  
  7. Jaesun Fabulous Moderator Patron

Jaesun
    MCA Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
    I sure hope he is not the male/male romance character. D:
    ^ Top  
  8. Haba Harbinger of Decline Patron

Haba
    Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
    The devious Reapers have unleashed their ultimate weapon of doom; they've injected Shepard with a virus that turns him gay!

The galaxy is on the brink of peril, yet Shepard is more interested in commenting fashion trends, interior design and listening to Adam Lamber than he is in fighting the invading forces.
    Freelance Henchman Brofists this.
    ^ Top  
  9. Surf Solar cannot into womynz

Surf Solar
    What the hell is Jersey Shore?

Edit:

:what:
    ^ Top  
  10. Hobo Elf Magister

Hobo Elf
    The cardboard box you threw out the other day
    That guy looks like an absolute assclown.
    ^ Top  
  11. Menckenstein Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver

Menckenstein
    Forgettable Joe the fauxhawk space marine.

He looks like a throwaway character from some random sci fi shooter.

Oh wait that's exactly what he is. :smug:
    ^ Top  
  12. Excidium P. banal

Self-Ejected
    Now companions not only act like douchebags, but look like it too!
    I bet he cuts both ways.
    ^ Top  
  13. Jaesun Fabulous Moderator Patron

Jaesun
    MCA Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
    Probably. :lol:

Though Mass Effect is NOT made by the Dragon Age team, thank The Goddess....
    ^ Top  
  14. Wyrmlord Self-Ejected Patron

Wyrmlord
    A lot of BioWare characters have been the offbeat kind, including one character who is trying to tear his own face apart and another who is an old hermit living among bear-men.

James Vega seems normal in comparison to all of them, and appears like someone whom you may see in daily life.

But he stands out precisely for that reason. He really looks like someone from either a Punjabi gym or a New Jersey beach, who was teleported from our world to the Mass Effect universe.
    ^ Top  
  15. Oriebam Formerly M4AE1BR0-something

Oriebam
    according to the comments he indeed is the fag romance option, you guys should read the comments too, good for a few :what:'s
    ^ Top  
  16. Clockwork Knight Arcane

Clockwork Knight
    Count your blessings. The other options are a bird man, a lizard man, a frog man and Jacob.
    ^ Top  
  17. Jaesun Fabulous Moderator Patron

Jaesun
    OH MY GAWD! If Jacob is Bi-Sexual IT WILL BE HEVAN!!!!!!!!
    ^ Top  
  18. Luzur Prestigious Gentleman Good Sir

Luzur
    this.
    ^ Top  
  19. Cowboy Moment Arcane

Cowboy Moment
    This is completely offtopic, but the US army should really look into replacing Metallica with Jersey Shore in their interrogation technique repertoire.
    ^ Top  
  20. Roguey Arcane Sawyerite Sawyerist Sawyer's Bride No Fun Allowed

Roguey
    Lukas Kristjanson works on both, though he's the only writer they share. He wrote Aveline and Carver for DA2 and Jacob and others I don't know about for ME2.
    ^ Top  
  21. Serious_Business Magister

Serious_Business
    :lol:

I guess the transition from bad fantasy sitcom just made it to just bad sitcom? Bioware's shit initially was about dnd stereotypes and made the transition into the kind of awkward humour I assume you hear in american teevee. Because I don't watch tv except hbo, I wouldn't know the specifics here, but I assume their idea of wit (and human interaction in general) is diluted from pop culture.

In Derp Age 2, you got the "war on terror" theme - some heavy shit right there that you get to pick up in the news. Yeah, because the news are a big source of creativity for any kind of serious artist, this is well known. And of course the dialog was all about office relationships, except that everyone wears armor and is in terminally dangerous situations all the time but hey, no big deal. This is more true to Derp Age writing team though, because ironically ME2 had sharper writing than most shit Gaider comes with.
    ^ Top  
  22. DragoFireheart My custom tag should say "Impotent Cunt". Undisputed Queen of Faggotry

DragoFireheart
    Retard in denial. Ass Effect 3 will be shit if EA has even a slight amount of say.
    ^ Top  
  23. Mangoose Arcane Patron

Mangoose
    Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
    I thought ME1 and ME2 were the ones with two different writing teams.
    ^ Top  
  24. Infinitron RPG Codex Staff Patron

Infinitron
    Codex 2012 Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
    I don't see any big difference between Mass Effect and Dragon Age's writing. They're both the same David Gaider cookie cutter material Bioware have been manufacturing since 2004 (with the malign influence starting from BG2 and TOB, growing stronger through NWN OC and HOTU, and reaching its ultimate form in KOTOR)

Don't imagine that one game has better writing than the other just because it plays smoothly and doesn't have completely shitty design. Or because the sci-fi setting is slightly less worn out than the fantasy setting.
    ^ Top  
  25. Shadenuat Arcane

Shadenuat
    "Well, you look like an overgrown Kowakian monkey-lizard, so I guess looks don't count for much."
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above links helps us pay the hosting bills)