Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Mass Effect 3/BioWare Thread

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Do we know what project the original Mass Effect team is working on yet?

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Don't let high expectations fool you. We all know what next Mass Efect will be in the end:
DFhnFA9.gif

Xbalanque

Educated
Do we know what project the original Mass Effect team is working on yet?

They teased some concept footage (after 1:16) last E3. Looks like it could be modern or sci-fi setting.

they didn't say anything specific, justing jerking off. i really hate when people make a long movie that doesn't even add anything or give any information whatsoever about the game

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Couldn't they have been talking about Shadow Realms?

Looking at that footage in the video, I'm pretty sure that is not Shadow Realms.

I'm still going with the "rumor" Edmonton is basically working on a Skyrim killer (a big open sandbox RPG).

eremita

Savant
Couldn't they have been talking about Shadow Realms?
Shadow Realms is made by Bioware Austin (SWTOR), while main base in Edmonton is working on new IP. Devs mentioned it several times (Hudson, Flynn). So as far as I understand it, there are two teams in Edmonton, one working on Dragon Age, second - former ME devs, working on new IP. Then there's team in Montreal working on new ME (some devs from original trilogy were transfered there though, I just read the infamous lead writer Mac Walters is Creative director now...) and another team in Austin working on SWTOR/Realms.

But I'm pretty sure that new IP is very far from completion. I guess 2014 is DAI, 2015 ME4 and maybe 2016 new game. All Frostbite of course. It seems EA is giving them quite long development time recently. I wonder why.

Last edited:

SwiftCrack

Arcane
Why is it the only place I can find RPG fans that recognize Bioware as the supreme turd is on the Codex?
People's love for Bioware borders Weeaboo-obsessed behavior, giving anecdotes of tears streaming down their faces to the ending of Mass Effect 3 and such, and I'm sitting there feeling alone in thinking they make terrible video games, or at least have done so consistently since 2004 or so...
Why is it this loony bin only...am I a loon too? Maybe Bioware are the modern masters of game design and storytelling and I'm just retarded?

Yeah, no. Fuck off. :obviously:

Mass marketing has a certain effect on stupid people.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Well as long as they leave it at polishing, I would like an updated ME1.

Why? So you can have the same weird engine, ugly corridors, combat that is neither tactical nor actiony enough and derping around in Mako - only this time in 60fps?

A better version of ME1 already exists, it's called ME2.

Lhynn

Arcane

Why? So you can have the same weird engine, ugly corridors, combat that is neither tactical nor actiony enough and derping around in Mako - only this time in 60fps?

Writing in ME was cheesy, but fun. World building was properly done and it did have that retro feel of sci fi shows of the 90s. Wasnt a bad rpg.
ME2 was a glorified shooter with abysmal writing. I honestly dont see how you can call ME2 "better" when they are pretty different.
ME2 had solid shooting mechanics and thats about it, nothing relevant happens in that game.

Last edited:

Akratus

Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Polishing a game does not only include updating graphics. And ME2 is shit.

Strayed

Educated
Southern Hemisphere's Canada (New Zealand)

Polishing a game does not only include updating graphics. And ME2 is shit.

ME2 is on the same level as, say, a really shitty B-movie. You recognise that it is shit, but you love it anyway because it's still a fun romp and enjoying that B-movie is not really a bad thing. That was my experience anyway.

ME2 was also the best in the series

uaciaut

Augur
1zyc4qq.jpg

"People want everything, but they don't want to have to work for it."

Indeed, some people don't like to be ripped off for shit that is in the base game, only locked away because some filthy corporate jew wants to cash in some easy money on the retards that will pay for it.

Moar lulz can be found in here: http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/323/index/9041985/1

Lots of Biodrones already ordering their dolls from Amazon.

Selling shit for the highest price you can get while spending as little as possible is not something that's particularly specific to the gaming industry.

And the second part of his argument is completely valid: as long as there are retards buying our shit and making us millions while we barely put any work in for it then why should we stop.

First part of his argument and how he's trying to say that people don't want to pay or "work" for it is hilarious though, it looks like a piece of republican propaganda in how they put in the word "work" and make to make it seems like the user who wants it is COMPLETELY in the wrong and dishonest.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom