Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Darkest Dungeon AKA the Celerity Attention Whore Thread

Ellef

Deplorable
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Celerity, seeing his attention whoring thread hadn't been bumped in 12 hours.

P0GQKA3.jpg

Lujo

Augur
Screw that, I've been kinda active on the steam boards, and the crazy thing is that the fanboys are just as crazy if not crazier than Celerity XD

The devs don't seem to be any better. What I just saw was epic. Got into a discussion with a guy who kept bringing the guy up in every other sentence and was double and tripple posting what ammounted to "If you don't like or criticize this game you're a madman", and every bit of criticism towards the game is explained by madness on the part of whoever's criticizing it. And then I stepped back, because wth, and another guy stepped into my place and pointed out that most of the recent reviews for the game are negative and all that. And then a dev showed up and locked the thread because that guy was "misinterpreting numbers" and "bashing the game". I went to check out the reviews and, really, you gotta scroll through a bunch untill you find a solid number of positive reviews, it mostly looks negative. And the guy was way more civil than even me, and just stating the obvious.

Then someone else posted a thread about negative reviews, a bunch of guys showed up insisting that Celerity is behind it (I'm not making this up), and every post boiled down to "don't listen to negative reviews, the crazy and bad people have this conspiracy agaisnt the game". Then the dev locked that up because "it's crazy talk and trolling"... to pay attention to negative reviews? What the hell? I don't see the resident lunatic here being a threat to anyone but himself and if I was the reviewing sort I sure wouldn't have given it a recommendation. Someone in this thread gave it a meh/10 , that's about the best you can give it objectively.

Felt so indignated that I went and downvoted the few positive reviews and upvoted a bunch of negative ones. XD Didn't need any conspiracy for it.

Celerity

Takes 1337 hours to realise it's shit.
Village Idiot Possibly Retarded
You forgot that the guy that replaced you got censored, possibly permanently. Meanwhile, the guy that hijacked the thread with "Celerity is a sociopath"? Not even warned. We all know the only sociopaths here are them, anyways. Use people for their money, then discard them like spent torches. Their tagline for release really says it all.

darkest-dungeon.jpg

The people that run around stalking and harassing me on the forums (where I'm censored) or on other people's reviews (where they are not banned)? Not even warned. I even specifically pointed out quite a few times they're making my points for me, it's never gotten through yet.

Celerity

Oh hey...

So I found something very interesting.

One of the people shilling for this game is actually a developer for another one. A look at their page, specifically the negative reviews reveals a solid wall of game is one dimensional/shallow/tedious/grindy/boring/not really Roguelike complaints... such that it could easily be the Derpest reviews. That explains a lot, doesn't it?

As I was getting a kick out of that, I got myself a nice voice clip of one of the devs practically begging for reviews. I'm sure it's not the only time they've done this either.

It fills me with great, almost sexual pleasure knowing they are raging about me so extensively they will go through such lengths and make my points for me along the way. :D

valcik

Arcane
1337 stands for LEET actually

:greatjob:

I think second tier enemies represents breakpoint in this game. The moment you realize that you're fighting against the same bunch of enemies on steroids - HP bloated, with improved stats, and the same tactics, which means the same fight lasting twice the time. This is the moment you realize that there's also third tier of the same enemies on some more steroids waiting for you in this game, and this is the real test of your sanity when you should've been contemplating to uninstall this game ASAP. So did I.

lessthanoff2121

Literate
Screw that, I've been kinda active on the steam boards, and the crazy thing is that the fanboys are just as crazy if not crazier than Celerity XD

The devs don't seem to be any better. What I just saw was epic. Got into a discussion with a guy who kept bringing the guy up in every other sentence and was double and tripple posting what ammounted to "If you don't like or criticize this game you're a madman", and every bit of criticism towards the game is explained by madness on the part of whoever's criticizing it. And then I stepped back, because wth...

Oh, Lujo. You really are a dishonest coward, aren't you?

Here's what I actually said regarding your opinion of the game, taken directly from the thread you're referring to:

-Me: "But, as I've said many times, taste is subjective. If you don't like Darkest Dungeon all that much, cool. Whatever."

-Me: "Okay, once again, sounds an awful lot like your personal opinion. My opinion is different than yours."

And here's what I actually said regarding criticism of the game, that I was apparently fervently against:

-Me: "I agreed with other criticisms regarding the "I won't go to lower level dungeons" mechanic. I don't like it personally."

-Me: "I have no problem with criticism of the game -- as I have criticism of it myself."

-Me: "I just wish it [the level restriction mechanic] would be handled differently and make more sense storywise."

Hmm...doesn't really sound like I was claiming people who criticize the game are "madmen," does it? In fact, I criticized the game plenty myself.

So, hey, next time you want to go behind my back and lie about what I said to make me look like the strawman you want me to be, try a little harder :)

You cunt.

Last edited:

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron

The devs don't seem to be any better. What I just saw was epic. Got into a discussion with a guy who kept bringing the guy up in every other sentence and was double and tripple posting what ammounted to "If you don't like or criticize this game you're a madman", and every bit of criticism towards the game is explained by madness on the part of whoever's criticizing it. And then I stepped back, because wth...

Oh, Lujo. You really are a dishonest coward, aren't you?

Here's what I actually said regarding your opinion of the game, taken directly from the thread you're referring to:

-Me: "But, as I've said many times, taste is subjective. If you don't like Darkest Dungeon all that much, cool. Whatever."

-Me: "Okay, once again, sounds an awful lot like your personal opinion. My opinion is different than yours."

And here's what I actually said regarding criticism of the game, that I was apparently fervently against:

-Me: "I agreed with other criticisms regarding the "I won't go to lower level dungeons" mechanic. I don't like it personally."

-Me: "I have no problem with criticism of the game -- as I have criticism of it myself."

-Me: "I just wish it [the level restriction mechanic] would be handled differently and make more sense storywise."

Hmm...doesn't really sound like I was claiming people who criticize the game are "madmen," does it? In fact, I criticized the game plenty myself.

So, hey, next time you want to go behind my back and lie about what I said to make me look like the strawman you want me to be, try a little harder :)

You cunt.

Aw MAN.

ALL ABOARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lessthanoff2121

Literate
It's just kind of stupid that I find a message in my inbox linking me here, and see that this guy has been lying about everything I said. Since he took the time to write a huge wall of text about that thread, I figured I would provide the actual quotes and see how it compares to what he made it out to be. *shrug*

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
It's just kind of stupid that I find a message in my inbox linking me here, and see that this guy has been lying about everything I said. Since he took the time to write a huge wall of text about that thread, I figured I would provide the actual quotes and see how it compares to what he made it out to be. *shrug*

Don't forget the screenshots, please.

lessthanoff2121

Literate
I mean, if you want to see the thread, you're free to.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/262060/discussions/0/412446292776677813/

Sure, I tried to counter his criticisms of the game I didn't agree with, but I made it very clear, more than once, that I was fine with criticism -- and that criticisms of the game were subjective -- and never said people who criticized the game were "madmen" like he tried to claim. Again, you'll see that I even criticized parts of the game I didn't personally like during the discussion.

Lujo

Augur
Can I just
giphy.gif
too?

Or am I supposed to be the one poking the nutcase? How do these things work?

Celerity

If you're wondering who the fuck that person is:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/262060/discussions/0/412446292776677813/

Observe the obsessive rage about me, then watch as Lujo comes in and rekts him.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198021244149/recommended/262060?tscn=1455243152

Now observe in the comments as some random idiot stalks me, revealing this thread, and the fact Lujo isn't actually his friend. Observe the breakdown.

PS: 75% sure the random new person in the other thread is my stalker, who brought him here because he stalked said stalker and realized oh hey, Lujo sees through the game's illusion!

Quatlo

Arcane
The fuck is going on in this thread. Can I get some tl;dr copypasta? Im too drunk to read 100 pages of drama in a thread about a game I just... acquired.

Celerity

Dumbasses defend a walking simulator and rage over it endlessly. I troll the shit out of them. Others troll the shit out of them. They find the Codex.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom