Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Darkest Dungeon AKA the Celerity Attention Whore Thread

FUDU

Arcane
Oh. Well that's ok then.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Id like to learn a bit more about these town events if someone tries them out. I might sometime replay this if I feel grindy

Celerity

Takes 1337 hours to realise it's shit.
Village Idiot Possibly Retarded
Fail troll. Rekt Hook spent 4 months breaking Kickstarter rules by copy pasting Giant Alien Spiders again and reskinning it instead of having it ready on release. They then had their shill puppet, collusion outlets in the media shill them out as if they actually did something right (remember: These are the people that failed at Doom forever, then apologized for their competitors failing at Doom forever). Then they engaged their third, and counting vote manipulation campaign, making another entry in the massive corruption log.

And even with all that they only got 800 more concurrent users and a few hundred viewers on the medium they were designed for. They've already been Hulk Hoganed. Won't prevent me from continuing my execution with impunity though.

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
You are quite broken up over it and can't seem to let it go eh? Wasted energy.

Celerity

You were being sarcastic, yet are correct. The shills are really hard out in force. Their desperation is obvious, and it hardens both my dick and resolve. The war on corruption continues, and will not end until it has been executed with impunity. Then, I will lean down and repeatly deposit my virtual nutsack in Doctor Sbaitso 's mouth while singing like a black man.

:kfc:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yt8zVJ0q_Ek

Andhaira

Arcane
Fail troll. Rekt Hook spent 4 months breaking Kickstarter rules by copy pasting Giant Alien Spiders again and reskinning it instead of having it ready on release.

You've mentioned this before; could you explain what you mean by giant alien spiders? Not trolling you, I really don't get it. Are you implying they copy pasted some text or monsters from another game or something?

Anyhow, town events sound interesting; anyone checked and see if they are fun? I really like the game but had to stop playing due to time constraints; would like to get into it again. At least try the DD itself.

Orobis

Arcane
Sychophantic Noob
You were being sarcastic, yet are correct. The shills are really hard out in force. Their desperation is obvious, and it hardens both my dick and resolve. The war on corruption continues, and will not end until it has been executed with impunity. Then, I will lean down and repeatly deposit my virtual nutsack in Doctor Sbaitso 's mouth while singing like a black man.

Gt+auto+hide+taskbar+not+on+gt+single+screen+_a40871a9e7b5320a9faa689224c4fe75.gif

Celerity

"Giant Alien Spiders" is from the game FTL: Faster Than Light. It's an event in which risk vs reward is broken, and therefore the only correct options are either taking the blue option, or opting out. Blue options being options that only appear when you have a specific sort of equipment or crew member or other such option and are not available by default. Should you interact with it normally, you will just get fucked. Because Giant Alien Spiders are no joke.

In this context, Giant Alien Spiders describes the curios, with the "blue options" being using the correct items on them. Town Events are just curios in town, therefore they spent 4 months copy pasting and reskinning Giant Alien Spiders - something you're always better off ignoring without a blue option. It should go without saying wasting resources on something best ignored is a waste of time.

The difference, however is that Giant Alien Spiders had broken risk vs reward on purpose. The quest description made it apparent accepting was A Bad Idea, breaking risk vs reward therefore punishes people who don't read quest descriptions before accepting. Here, it's the product of the devs being completely incompetent and failing at math forever by making that the primary event type, and then honestly thinking people will interact with it anyways if they are not retarded.

And that's ignoring the more obvious angle that Rekt Hook needed 4 months for this, when even incompetent grind modders are apparently capable of producing them faster than that. Of course we know the truth of the matter is that they spent about 95% of that time fucking off on Twitch and Twitter, stalking my post histories, having sex with Nathan Grayson while wearing a long haired blue wig, and so on and then remembered that they gotta pretend they're actual game devs, so they quickly copy pasted Giant Alien Spiders a bunch of times, and then copy pasted some bandits so it'd seem like they did something actually original.

valcik

Arcane
"Giant Alien Spiders" is from the game FTL: Faster Than Light. It's an event in which risk vs reward is broken ..
To be fair, this encounter is not broken, you just have to equip anti-bio beam. Any ship carrying this gun could insta-win the encounter without any trouble.
+M

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Nowadays even game developers have stalkers. What is this world coming to.

But apart from the crazy, any genuine impressions on the town events? They add anything worthwhile in terms of content?

vonAchdorf

Arcane
I wonder what they are working on now. They said, they'll continue with the development, even after now finishing all their Kickstarter obligations. Paid DLC could be next, or they earned enough and will release goodwill freeLC while working on their next game, like CD Project did. Probably depends on the plans they have for their company.

Nowadays even game developers have stalkers. What is this world coming to.

Well, the stalkee has lots of nerd swag:

CGdNbzEUAAAP6ud.jpg:large
A24V9G2CcAAPKsR.jpg:large

Celerity

Anti bio beam is a blue option. Read the post.

Worth noting: Town Events don't have any blue options, so really you just turn that shit off and it's irrelevant.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
It's pretty fun until you completely master the mechanics, then it starts to get kind of boring. I don't recommend looking at guides except for curios. Depending on how quickly you figure out the mechanics and your tolerance for grinding you should get at least 20 hours out of it. Maybe pick it up on sale.

Or you could play the game for over 1000 hours and then obsessively rant about how much it sucks everywhere the game is mentioned.

Celerity

The verdict is you shouldn't even look at it unless you can make a real game of it yourself. You can't make a real game of it yourself anymore, so you should ignore the hipster trash walking simulator marketed as an actual game, and buy a legit actual game instead.

Here are the only ways you'll ever get more than 0-5 hours from it:

Make it a real game yourself, log a fuckload of time on that (see previous). This will result in retards claiming your own talent is somehow Rekt Hook succeeeding.
Be completely retarded, as that's the only way you can not master the game mechanics within that timeframe.
Troll/shitpost about it instead, as that is far more entertaining.

Wizfall

Cipher
Pretty much what Xor said, except it was more than pretty fun for me for at least 20 hours, it was a blast !
But once you got it figured out better to drop it quickly otherwise you will became insane (quite sure you have noticed that though).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom