Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Darkest Dungeon AKA the Celerity Attention Whore Thread

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Celerity's spergfest is pretty entertaining in its own right. That's the only reason I bother checking this thread anymore. I mean, the guy logs a shitload of hours in a game he obviously hates, and then when he's called out on it he invents some excuse about playing his own mod rather than just admitting he put way too much time into the game.

Starwars

Arcane
I backed the game for... whatever the lowest tier to get the game was and I've easily gotten my moneys worth from that at least. Like the others say, it's a lot of fun until you've sort of figured out what the game is about and you've seen what it has to offer. It has a unique enough presentation and it doesn't really feel like any other game either which gives it quite a lot of points in my book.

But yeah, once you've exhausted the content, there is very little reason to go back. And that's coming from someone who replays pretty much anything.

So, lots of fun at first but as you realize how shallow it is, it loses its luster quickly. But for the price it's easily worth it I think, especially if you get it on sale.

If they make a sequel, I really hope they can "thicken up" the game some because the idea is still fantastic I think.

Celerity

Takes 1337 hours to realise it's shit.
Village Idiot Possibly Retarded
"
The verdict is you shouldn't even look at it unless you can make a real game of it yourself. You can't make a real game of it yourself anymore, so you should ignore the hipster trash walking simulator marketed as an actual game, and buy a legit actual game instead.

Here are the only ways you'll ever get more than 0-5 hours from it:

Make it a real game yourself, log a fuckload of time on that (see previous). This will result in retards claiming your own talent is somehow Rekt Hook succeeeding.
Be completely retarded, as that's the only way you can not master the game mechanics within that timeframe.
Troll/shitpost about it instead, as that is far more entertaining."

Like I said. Retards. Ignoring me having salvaged the game personally and solo, I realized what a casual, one dimensional, trivial grindfest it was 5 hours in. I only stuck with that run and finished it in case it got better. It didn't. So removing modding from the table, that's 5 hours of wtf is this, and then 20 of WTF is this, followed by flatline boredom and a complete lack of interest in vanilla. Put a non retard in charge and it could have been an actual game worthy of non trivial time, which I'm proof of. But Rekt Hook never did anything right, and only retards enable them.

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
Like I said. Retards. Ignoring me having salvaged the game personally and solo, I realized what a casual, one dimensional, trivial grindfest it was 5 hours in. I only stuck with that run and finished it in case it got better. It didn't. So removing modding from the table, that's 5 hours of wtf is this, and then 20 of WTF is this, followed by flatline boredom and a complete lack of interest in vanilla. Put a non retard in charge and it could have been an actual game worthy of non trivial time, which I'm proof of.

A rare mix; uwitting self-deprecation, borne by irony in tandem self-aggrandizement and
possibly_retarded.png

Celerity

*glances at ignored list*

Lots of triggered little bitches there. I think everyone ignoring me needs a Celeritied tag. It can look like a giant black dick taking them from behind with great speed.

Celerity

Grillin Soldier Arcane Soldier
Thief Bard Cleric

Efe

Erudite
so hellion?, mercenary, occultist, ballista
highwayment, jester, vestal , x ?

Celerity

No, I mean exactly what I said. I was both recommending real game Lords of Xulima instead, and giving you a party for that. Here you'd just spam quad Hellions until bored, which won't take long.

Unwanted

Bustamonte

Unwanted
Shitposter
"
Like I said. Retards. Ignoring me having salvaged the game personally and solo, I realized what a casual, one dimensional, trivial grindfest it was 5 hours in. I only stuck with that run and finished it in case it got better. It didn't.

Watching the first 30 seconds of the kickstarter pitch should have been enough to figure that out.

Efe

Erudite
sadly i don't have xulima yet.
maybe it'll go on sale during the coming steam summer sale

Celerity

Glad I'm doing a public service. Anyways, Xulima just was on sale on Steam for 2 weeks. It's not anymore, but it was on a larger sale on GoG and probably still is. It won't be on the summer sale, discounts have a 4 week cooldown and summer sale is not even 2 weeks away.

Edit: https://af.gog.com/game/lords_of_xulima?as=1649904300 6 for the game, 9 for the game + all the extra stuff. It's a rare game that's worth it at full price, so at that price it's a steal.

Last edited by a moderator:

Efe

Erudite
Thanks to regional pricing xulima at %70 sale on gog is equal to %25 sale for steam. i can't really justify using gog for about %90 of their games (not even witcher 3, costs same as steam at %50 discount), i'll cross my fingers for summer sale.

Celerity

So it's normally 8 dollars for you? What part of potato land are you from? Anyways, sale cooldowns. It probably won't be in the summer sale, next steam sale would make it 3 dollars though.

baturinsky

Arcane
I love Antiquarians. If you don't know who are they, or what their deal is, it's gals with pretty bad combat moves. But what's not readily ovious, is that they give you huge loot bonuses. You get more in loot, and even can fill more stuff in inventory slot. And she also can craft supplies and even trinkets in camps.

Here is a run with Antiquarian (9th week)
68NbFB5.jpg

Next one was about as good: 19k worth of loot not counting quest reward.

But then I had to cure my Anti from stress, so next one was without her
TNhwD30.jpg

Problem is, as was said, she is a pretty poor warrior, so you have to figure how to clear dungeons with three-and-a-half party. My answer was to use chars that are mostly self-reliant, especially healing-wise, but still can dish serious damage: Lepers, Paladins, Arbalests etc.

Efe

Erudite
a lot of classes can produce an item during rest
also xulima is on sale $4.5 for deluxe
should i get godot edition? i saw the play once but im no fan of waiting.

Celerity

Regional pricing I take it? It's normally 9. Deluxe gets you Golot, soundtrack, some artwork and backgrounds, a vague guidebook and some other stuff. For you the price difference would be $1.50, I think.

You can also get real game Elminage Gothic for... probably $1.50 in your region. That's 2 real games for less than the cost of Derpest Dungeon. For the other 6 you could get stuff like Arx Fatalis $1.25 and I dunno other examples offhand.

Celerity

You truly are a stupid fuck. Let me spell it out for you, since your head is so far within your ass it's formed a cosmic singularity:

Deepest Dark, the real game made by me is a 1,337 hour masterpiece.
Derpest Dungeon, the casual trash made by Rekt Hook Studios, has 0 hours of hardcore content. Only a short delay before you realize this.
Lords of Xulima/Elminage Gothic are real games even without mods.

Any questions? Or shall I instruct the tranny squad that you should be eternally gagged by horse dildos?

Space Insect

Arcane
You truly are a stupid fuck. Let me spell it out for you, since your head is so far within your ass it's formed a cosmic singularity:

Deepest Dark, the real game made by me is a 1,337 hour masterpiece.
Derpest Dungeon, the casual trash made by Rekt Hook Studios, has 0 hours of hardcore content. Only a short delay before you realize this.
Lords of Xulima/Elminage Gothic are real games even without mods.

Any questions? Or shall I instruct the tranny squad that you should be eternally gagged by horse dildos?
Only a short delay of 1337 hours?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom