Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline The Codex FOnline thread

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Murdering is its own reward, though!

Eyeball

Arcane
So, a couple of us bros went out to the wasteland to kill some rogues so we could start a glorious minigun collection. Lugging my trusty M60 around, I then grabbed one of the discarded miniguns, hoping to shred all opposition with it.

But that didn't happen. Despite firing 30 rounds per shot, my minigun seemed to consistently underperform against only half-tough enemies like Rogues compared to the M6 when using it mainly to burst at medium ranges and hoping to catch as many rogues as possible in the hugeass fire cones. Swapping AP ammo for HP as recommended by CJP did not seem to make it much better. Is there something I am missing here? Is the basic minigun a lot more useful in realtime, is it chiefly a PvP weapon or does it just suck?

Norfleet

If it's anything like how I remember these weapons in Fallout, firing many low-damage projectiles means that armor reduction is applied many times to your attacks. If you do your damage in the form of a single 50-point shot, and lose 5 points out of each attack, you do 45 damage. If you do your damage in the form of 20 6 point attacks, you do 20 damage, despite the fact that 120 is way more than 50. Thus, miniguns were noteworthy for riddling your opponents with bullets for a total of 5 damage. Feel the pain.

I love that line, incidentally. It just works so well for every situation. Only the tone changes.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom