Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline The Codex FOnline thread

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Fw0vQE0.jpg

YSMy90x.png

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Just hit level 24 and took Action Boy rather than Gain Perception so I can get 12 AP with nooka! Still fragile as hell with only 160 hps, but I deal some lovely damage and have really nice range.

Oh yeah, and I have some 50 skill points left. I have Small Guns 200 and Repair 160, should I keep pumping Small Guns, or do you reckon I should invest in something else?

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
First aid is nice to keep yourself alive. Once it goes beyond 50+ it restores HP almost like a superstim.

RK47

Patron
Just hit level 24 and took Action Boy rather than Gain Perception so I can get 12 AP with nooka! Still fragile as hell with only 160 hps, but I deal some lovely damage and have really nice range.

Oh yeah, and I have some 50 skill points left. I have Small Guns 200 and Repair 160, should I keep pumping Small Guns, or do you reckon I should invest in something else?
Your fragility limits your solo-capability.
Most enemies have nearly the same hp and they came in larger numbers.
Normally, when I roam solo, I usually just patrol around my tent after prepping myself up with nuka and cigs.
Skip animals - except for gecko for skins.
Hit humanoids.
Load the map, see if I can take them on, if not I retreat quickly before combat starts in TB.
300 HP lets you live through 1-2 burst crits. I was down to 100 HP before in a combat round - and simply jammed two super stims to bring myself up back to full.
At 160 HP, it's very harsh. Can't fuck up a burst shot crit all.

I usually clear hunters and junktown scouts. The odd gang (depend on their numbers).
Highwaymen are hard.
Grab everything, stash it and continue on till the nuka and cigs wear off.
Grab stash, trade for ammo and caps/drugs.

Also, Alt+3 for self super stimpcak. Alt + 5 for self First Aid.

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
It's a bit tricky, but soloing works provided I can get enough distance. The XL70E3 is great for farming, it has nice bursts and scores plenty of critical hits on eye shots, so I use it instead of the sniper rifle whenever the enemy comes in range. Still have problems with Khans, Regulators and the like who use long-range weapons and fricking rocket launchers, but Punkers, Rippers and the odd Hub Watch patrol are typically no real problem. Of course, the Awereness perk which shows the weapons and hps of all the enemies is a real godsend, seriously doubt I could manage without it.

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Oh yeah, and I tried a mutie today, very different experience to say the least! Sure is slow as hell, but it can also take some serious punishment with those hps and damage resistances.

Should be fun to play around with, just have to multitask when the lumbering freak slowly drags itself from point A to B. Took chem reliant to make the most of its jet addiction. It is really quite cheap in the Hub right now.

RK47

Patron
I'm not sure where you're getting your DR bonus from as mutant, as far as I experienced it, their best armor is Metal Mk II.
That's slightly worse the Combat Armor Mk I and heavier.

And having slow walk speed will fuck you up in pre-combat setup.
Your humans can easily reach the exit point within the alotted time.
The muties can't even get halfway when the first shot is fired.

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
True that, they start with extra resistances, but I guess normals with good armour outclass them pretty fast.

And yeah, getting dropped in the middle of a huge encounter is not exactly ideal. :lol:

Character is named Turd Golem and is "experimental", could be good for some caravaning/rapan though, once it has a few more levels under its belt.

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Well bros, I've been keeping busy and my supah mutant is now close to level 30. It can hold its own in most 1vs1 and can easily tank encounters. Mobility and extra shootan requires buffan, jettan, nookan and smokan, but all drugs are cheap and easy to come by, and with chemically reliant they last a fricking hour. Good having the timers too, so I don't waste too much time playing (damn addicting, this).

Got me four little kills so far, but also died horribru at the hands of a pk gang (since I was stupid enough to stick around an open encounter baitu trap, the low intelligence is contagious, it seems).

Don't see many Codexers around, however. Where is the Machete Rape Squad when you need it?

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Also, Hoax and [bannu unperson] are active enough, we went on a run the other day and fought off some PK raidan. Tuk one for the team, but still a win for Codexia.

To restore my atrocious kill and be killed balance, I stomped some fool trying to take me on, bursted him to shreds and it felt mighty good!

Wish I'd see Brozil and the rest of you fellows around though. We need people to level up so we can roam around in style.

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
2eZzYId.gif

Found a bunch of über-machetes while exploring caves! They only require 2 AP per attack and deal decent enough damage, so they should come in handy for a close combat character.

Got some skill books as well and a bunch of 2mm EC, plus useless but quite snazzy hubologist robes. Lots of goodies out there.

Best of all, I killed some guy who tried ambush me while dungeon cave-crawling, he probably expected to face some lowbie explorer rather than a drugged-up 450 HP freak toting a heavy machine gun and bursting twice a round. :)

asfasdf

robot
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
The real time kills the game indeed. They mentioned in their forums the possibility of having turn-based dungeons in the future, that would be a great improvement.

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Just bought a motor bike so my ugly mutie can cruise around in style. Very cheap and easy to repair, can't believe it tuk me so long. Cheers to Yuri [bannu unperson] for introducing me to the magicks of super-fast travel. Will have to remember to keep it strictly in private locations though, don't want some nigga to get any ideas.

Dungeons really suck with the forced RT nonsense (especially for übermenschen with gimp speed), so yeah, TB dungeons would be a god-send. Scored some electronic lockpicks in a cave though, and a bunch of skill books and some snazzy gadgets as well. Nice lootan, and all properly turn-based, even when evul thievan try to sneak in and deprive you of your (not so) hard-earned wealth. Pity you can't enforce it on others though, when you join someone else's encounter it is their setting that decides the combat mode, so be ready to face some supah-akshun pew pew shit if you happen to ambush a follower of the decline.

Severian Silk

I'm starting to lose interest. I don't have a group, so I am soloing everything, which is dangerous and unprofitable. The endgame, whatever that might be, is all going to be in real-time too. :(

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Well bros, we now have vehicles, a ton of crafting materials, drugs, chems and a small arsenal which is mainly just gathering dust in storage. The mid-term goals have thus been met!

Yuri and I have also beefed up some decent characters to levels where they aren't half-bad, and the cashflow is quite good. We could easily create the in-game faction now, but there is little point in going for town control at the moment since the competition is way ahead in numbers, equipment and experience. As such, the jewgold is better spent elsewhere, especially on high grade steel, chemical components and kevlar to keep the equipment flow going. Still, with a few more troopers, the Machete Rape Squad would definitely become a reality.

Oh, and we recently started trying out dungeons. While TB would be a lot better, even RT combat can be quite fun. I have been playing around with a knockdown-based melee character which is excellent for pinning down enemies, especially in tight places. Was thinking of making a melee crippler as well and maybe use the machetes, but you can no longer use them for 1 AP (with bonus hth attack perk) as you could previously, so aside from warm fuzzy congoid feelings, there wouldn't be much point in machete-raping.

The main thing you need to get by in the game is a good build, it's really easy to make a gimp character (I made plenty) and no matter how much you level a gimp, it is still going to suck. Once you do have a solid build, levelling is still important, since characters above 26 get Awareness, allowing them to see exact HPs and the equipment of other characters.

Are you guys still around, or willing to give it another go? And do you use Tranny Mansion anymore, or is the stuff there up for grabs?

(By the way, plenty of players are really good chaps, not everyone is an asshole Russian or tribal pker hunting newbs for the fun of it. Just started playing with a bunch of Czech bros, running caravans, dungeons and whatnot. A real blast!)

zwanzig_zwoelf

russkiessuck.jpg

Hey guise, I'm back. :smug:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom