Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline The Codex FOnline thread

Norfleet

Of course, if you think you can win and don't have precious lootan, just stop mid-way and engage the fucker.
Better: Let your friends know that you've got a bug, and then lead your bug into the desert rendezvous and gank him. Won't be surprised when you stop in the middle of a desert and there's a half a dozen of your friends waiting to help you gank him?

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
I thought you could heal the caravan leader? Just ate my APs and did nothing. (edit: ah nm, must've been a glitch or bad positioning.)

Also, is there really no key shortcut to end a turn?

Last edited:
Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
You can end turn with space, worked last time I checked. Also, I think first aid requires a full turn, so if you spend any AP walking to the target you can't heal right away. You can add stims and super stims though.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Yeah it won't even let you do it without full AP, but for some reason it just ate like 5 and did jack-all. Worked later though so :M.

Spacebar was like the first thing I tried, but doesn't do anything for me at least. Edit: Well shit, that works too now. I was either drunk last night or something mysterious is afoot.

Last edited:

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Fun times to be had at the luxury resort of Kamp Kodex:

lqtJwm5.jpg

PtqXZq4.jpg

Zdzisiu

Arcane
God Damn, I met St Toxic today and we just run past each other! Ingame name: Zdzisiu so if you see me, I would welcome an initiation into the Codex rape squad.

Lhynn

Arcane
had forgotten how much shit fonline combat was when in real time.

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
God Damn, I met St Toxic today and we just run past each other! Ingame name: Zdzisiu so if you see me, I would welcome an initiation into the Codex rape squad.

Added you to the base!

What controls which mode combat occurs in?

You can set your combat in the options menu. To get quests in turn-based mode, you might also have to set combat to turn-based as default in the config program in the main folder (could be wrong though).

If you end up in someone's encounter you get the combat they picked. If you engage them willingly the box should say which kind of combat it is, but if you enter unwillingly (failed outdoorman check) you might get real-time. High perception lets you spawn close to the border though, so it's easy to get away if you don't want to fight. Oh, and PK areas like unsafe towns, Vault 15, Necropolis etc. are always real-time.

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Oh, and I lifted some cash from the poor box to get crafting skills up, will replace once I finish the main questline.

I boosted science to 160% and dissembled our crap guns and ammo. I crafted 2000 .45 Caliber and 500 7.62mm, so lots of burstan ahead!

(Also put all the guns with bonuses in the uppermost box, has a couple of reduced AP ones)

kryminator

Augur
What controls which mode combat occurs in?
Generally, You set the mode in options. However, if You enter encounter started by someone else the mode will be the one set by that someone else. If You encounter some monsters without other player and have outdoorsman skill high enough You will be able to choose mode, so You may choose RT even if You set TB in options (I don't know how it will work because I have never did so). Also, there are probably some places where only RT is allowed (for example cave in location with Kenny's tent), probably those orange and red circles, but I am not sure because my char never visited them.

And by the way, I also play this. My ingame character is called Smoky Joe and he is energy gunslinger able to detect traps and pick locks.

I have two questions to experienced players or not experienced who know the answer:
1. Can someone tell me if there is possibility to show/hide the interface or where to get such transparent interface like on most of Fonline2 screenshots.
2. Is there some easy way to get books in cheap way, not by paying very high price to players?

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
2. Is there some easy way to get books in cheap way, not by paying very high price to players?

I once saw an NPC in Junktown with a ! above her head, she was selling all kinds of junk "she found from her basement"; other NPCs were talking about it too so it's some kind of random quasi-event - no idea how regular that is since I only saw it once so far. Anyway, she had loads of books all for sale around ~1k apiece, and from what I saw she restocked the inventory real fast as well. It's just too bad I wasn't carrying enough caps to buy more than two, but IMO that's a pretty fair price for 8 skill points.

Saw a kid NPC that had the same, but she just wanted a fruit which I didn't have, so dunno what you might've gotten out of that one.

kryminator

Augur
I also saw NPC with red ! once but he was swarmed by other players and when I finally checked what he had there weren't anything interesting left.

Regarding book prices, I could simply pay for a book 3k or 4k instead of 1k but if only I would be able to pay with items, because caps are also hard to get. I check only Boneyard and The Hub but rarely see merchants having caps there.

I am wondering if I could find some books in caves. So far, after going through about five caves I found none.

kryminator

Augur
I found Eli's Knife in one cave. Looks like pretty good item (for melee characters). Anyone know if I can make fortune on it?

Redeye

Arcane
Dammit, I should have been paying attention.

Playing since Oct 25, ran into St. Toxic last night and realised that the Codex was in the game.

Have a base, will add if you give names.

Almost maxed my sneaker.

My alts:

SwinglineRed
Old49er
Muleskinner
Sidewinder

What is everyone's Time Zone?
Mine is GMT -5

Note: stockpile Kokoweef Scripts.

Redeye

Arcane
I once saw an NPC in Junktown with a ! above her head, she was selling all kinds of junk "she found from her basement"; other NPCs were talking about it too so it's some kind of random quasi-event - no idea how regular that is since I only saw it once so far. Anyway, she had loads of books all for sale around ~1k apiece, and from what I saw she restocked the inventory real fast as well. It's just too bad I wasn't carrying enough caps to buy more than two, but IMO that's a pretty fair price for 8 skill points.

Saw a kid NPC that had the same, but she just wanted a fruit which I didn't have, so dunno what you might've gotten out of that one.

Fruit, meat jerky, cheesy poofs, box o noodles, "dusty box of some kind" are foods that kids like. You get 1800-3000 xp per time, but not repeatable with the same kid on same alt until the "quest" respawns.

I have a small stockpile of this shit, just in case.

Redeye

Arcane
Drill as always is hussle in the shoutbox and annoy everyone by using it as global groupchat :salute:

Repurposing FTW!

I love chewing gum, baling wire, duct tape, etc.

Especially if people get info-trolled by things happening elsewhere that they do not have the context to comprehend.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Playing since Oct 25, ran into St. Toxic last night and realised that the Codex was in the game.

Have a base, will add if you give names.

What is everyone's Time Zone?
Mine is GMT -5

Panssarikauhu, GMT +2, though usually it's no problem to stay late since I make my own hours anyway.
Really wish all the misc. items had some junk tag if they really were worthless, I'm too paranoid to get rid of anything since the wiki isn't fully up-to-date on all the items available.

Bit of a n00b question, but you can't be intercepted in world map (not in an actual zone, but the world map itself) when you're not moving, right? I've been leaving it like that sometimes for AFK.

Last edited:

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Great, more people is always nice. You get better caravan runs, and can fend those damn Ruskies easier.

kryminator

Augur
Bit of a n00b question, but you can't be intercepted in world map (not in an actual zone, but the world map itself) when you're not moving, right? I've been leaving it like that sometimes for AFK.
I don't know the precise answer but I do as You do for AFK. I often do so and never have a problem, I was never intercepted, so I think it's safe.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
I've set all the radios at the camp to #12500, with it in your inventory you can chat anywhere in the world with .r [text]. Or just use any radio from your inv. to adjust to that frequency.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom