Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Codex of Roguelikes

Unwanted
Queued Shitposter
I cant increase my mental mutations though, I guess it has something to do with very high Ego.

Tried the M button on an warlord:
QVOtHZk.png

The worst of shit, Confusion doesnt work, Teleport he guaranteed cant use and if so will lead to suicide, Stunning Force will hit allies and make my life hell, it does have 8 Range but what if a fight is happening and it just coming out of cooldown...

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
From what I've heard monsters can actually use Teleport somewhat; apparently clones + clairvoyance + teleport is a thing. Though when I tried it my clones were fairly retarded and used the wrong weapons (I forget if I gave them bows and they melee'd or the other way around.)

Anyways who cares, it's just a lousy snapjaw. It's not like he's some badass unique.

Unwanted
Queued Shitposter
Ran into this guy in the wilderness.
hofsCcW.png

Dominashun! Damn, 80HP on level 1. Do want... Only how to save him from Tom and Jerry... Run into the next map? Drop T&J somehow, pick up purple guy, come back for Tom...
2PGPSxq.png

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Hadn't heard of that. Looks very interesting, but a bit too early access right now.
You can sleep peacefully in your bad, I'm playing, testing and bagreporting it. )

Caves of Qud will probably be Early Access from now until the end of times, just so you know. It's a forever project as far as I can tell.
Not exactly. Guys planning to exit EA in Autumn 2017 if I'm not mistaken.

Somehow all links from here (or whole RPGCodex) got blocked by Dr.Web, which showing redirect.viglink.com as adress.

Btw, if you want new expirience, try reincarnation bug in CoQ - dominate someone, probably that unique snapjaw, that make that your body got killed in one blow - you just remain in that dominated body and can level up and mutate. )

Unwanted
Queued Shitposter
reincarnation bug in CoQ
Feature! Emergent gaymplay! They even have a 'save game' feature as a mutation.
Game has a bunch of obvious bugs considering its a slowpoke Unity shit.

Question about Qud: do random caves that you find in the wilderness go on forever?

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS READ THE SHIT OUIF OF THIS THREAD FOR A DAY OR TWO

FINALLY GOT A RUNE IN DCSS

A FEW CHANGES SINCE I LAST PLAYED AND STILL MORE THEY FUCK WITH THINGS TOO MUCHG

TOME GETS ME WITH STUPID SHIT

Any news on whether/when the ADOM guy is going to go back to updating ADOM?

He's been threatening it for ages, but I suspect that the guy is spent. Pity, much of the appeal of ADOM was the 'community v developer' chess-game, where he'd lie in his patch notes and slip in massive new endings/secrets in patches listed as minor bug-fixes, and they were far too autistic to be plausible as an individual player, but perfectly balanced for legions of players collaborating on forums and spoiler-faqs trying collectively to work everything out. It only worked because it was a moving target - sometimes the community would work it out straight away, sometimes they'd find a whole new game path and it would turn out that it was implemented 2 years and 12 patches ago.

He's hinted a few times that there's still a couple of secrets that nobody's got (the infamous suspicion amongst the community has long been that damn water dragon pup in the 1st town - there's a partial quest solution, but it strongly suggests that the quest isn't finished. Given that you have to go all the way one alignment, get championed, and then go all the way the other, plus go perilously close to corruption-death and then get fully cured, to open up about 2/3 of the endings (all of which have pretty massive and lengthy challenges on top of that), and people found those (again, through cumulative effort - it's not a game where any one player finds out all that shit), if there are secrets left in there, they must require levels of communal autism that only a further degeneration of humanity could aspire to.

If he has, or ever does, a Codex ADOM group collaboration sub-forum could be an awesome project. I'd even suggest inviting Prosper back, so that he can post in Prosperland and the ADOM sub-forum. Drastic measures I know, but sometimes you simply need a hero of autism to step up.

getter77

Augur
...But, ADOM has been getting updates, recently even, with some new quests for mid and end game due up in the near future as per the crowdfunding campaign goals. The whole thing has Biskup on more of an upswing now than in a great many years, even if his bell got rung pretty hard with death in the family and life otherwise intervening.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
If someone want Caves of Qud, I can gift it to you on Steam (consider region lock for Ru-region - all ex-USSR republics).

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Of course, but region lock won't allow to do this sadly.
Not if you make somehow Ru-based account, but I don't think it is worth a hussle.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Region lock includes

Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, Moldova, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Ukraine, Russia

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Pretty sure the selling point is that it's made by the guy who did DoomRL, which is fucking amazing. Video sure was crap though.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS FUCKING SHIT CUNT

MADE IYT TO ZOT 5 BUT THOSE FAGGOT FIREBALL THINGS MUTATED ME TO USELESSNESS

BROS I HEARD THE FIRS 5 LEVELS OF ZIG ARE GOOD TO FARM FOR CURE MUTATE SHIT

desocupado

Magister
BROS FUCKING SHIT CUNT

MADE IYT TO ZOT 5 BUT THOSE FAGGOT FIREBALL THINGS MUTATED ME TO USELESSNESS

BROS I HEARD THE FIRS 5 LEVELS OF ZIG ARE GOOD TO FARM FOR CURE MUTATE SHIT

I never entered a zig, so I wouldn't know. Anyway, you should have found a couple on the way to Zot, and have them stashed away. If you didn't, search for one in a shop. If there's none being sold, well, you're kinda fucked then. You can switch to Zin, farm piety and use his final power to cleanse you of all mutations. If you're strong enough, you might wander the Abyss a bit searching for it too, but on the latest versions the Abyss is a lot more dangerous than it used to be.

Or just try and venture a zig. :/

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom