Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress The Codexian darwinian struggle against the Temple of Decline (ToEE Co8), MEATSHIELDS INQUIRE WITHIN

Hellraiser

Arcane
Yeah I'll set one up for coup de grace and a few other useful actions/modes. I like the radial menu but it's a bit of a bitch for non-spellcasters.

Another thing that annoys me, is that the game ends combat if all the enemies get disabled by sleep or another spell, but are still alive and can wake up. Mashing C as soon as combat ends helps, but that is still a bad design choice IMO.

EDIT: I only have one manual save file, because we only need it if the entire party gets annihilated by river lobsters of doom or more spiders. Unless there is a save corrupting bug that I am not aware of and Co8 did not fix. Then I guess I'll make back up saves.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Jesus christ, disable autosaves too, that (can) corrupt your game.

Mrowak said:
Wait, you are back? :shock: Damn my selective blindness... Glad to have you on board. :salute:

So far I'm just kind of visiting, not back. Most of my interest in pure roleplaying games and faux elitism became collateral damage of the butchering I do with my personality every time something new and cool catches my fancy, so other than talking Kpop in the library and checking what funny stuff are you guys doing with the playground there's not a lot of niches for me to fit into anymore, nor a lot for me to comment about without going into trying too hard to sound like myself modo.

Thank you for the re-welcoming, anyway. And sorry for my sudden disappearance from the internet.

Hellraiser said:
At least now I know why she wrote "that would be dirty even for me".
I'm the most honest and honourable evil witch you will ever meet.

That aside you seem to be having much more fun LARPing me as a teenybopper idol cum mahou shoujo, so keep the bard if you have to remove one of them.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
You have to redo it every time you start a new game because that is saved on the savegame.

:rage:troika

Gregz

Arcane
Well either that or I can cut down on the LARP in your case, the sorceress seems more useful and more fun gameplay wise at this point. But it is your choice.

Woah there...keep the sorc. We all know her as Black Cat by name so it's better for LP/LARP purposes, and you really need a leveled sorc if the party is going to survive inside the temple.

Sukeban Cho

Erudite
@ Hellraiser

Use the sorceress then, if it comes down to that.

And I don't mind the LARPing, don't worry. My comment was derived from it seeming too little and too mild to satisfy my attention whoryness rather than from it being too much or too offensive for my refined tastes.

@ Teepo

I'm doing what I can. It has already surpassed Gu Hara's, at the very least.

Hellraiser

Arcane
Personally, I thought it was simply crappy because I lack inspiration to write better lines for the sorceress. Although I now have a solution to this problem, assuming people vote to free up a slot for others by getting rid of one of the Black Cats. So far nobody voted, no doubt fearing your noir feline wrath. Still, I think it will be better if we give others get a chance to see their ToEE personas horribly mutilated by kobolds, bandits or crawfish on steroids. So I'll do that unless you lot vote "NO, KEEP BOTH KURONEKO-CHANS!!1!!" at least once.

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
I don't care, but if you decide to kill one of BC's lives, make it in a most interesting, disturbing and awkward way possible.

Pope Amole II

Nerd Commando Game Studios
Developer
Kill or just dismiss the bard - she's kinda not what the party needs and her LARP is not that good, anyhow. I'd rather see KC in the party (for the climatic battle with rannos davl, obvously) or whomever (to make things really awkward vaarna or hiver can do).

Hellraiser

Arcane
Interlude

Fate works in mysterious ways

Power check... OK
Memory check... 1024 TQB OK
Meta-cognitive chipset initializing...
DONE!
Loading wlrl.exe...
Initializing

wrlr.jpg
: Load simulation 27.

Loading simulation 27 "survival of the fittest - codex"...

Terrain meta-data loaded
Entity data loaded
Personality templates loaded
Ready to resume

wrlr.jpg
: Analyzing currently gathered data. Analysis complete, sending results to Primary Node.

Incoming data packet from Primary Node...

dknd.jpg
: Current amount of testing is insufficient. Proceed with further testing, specimens viable for combating the decline need to be found. "RPG CODEX" is the most promising source of viable candidates.

wrlr.jpg
: Resume testing.

Resuming...

toeeinterlude-001.jpg

hoverdog.jpg
: Oh yeah, now I'll be able to murder things better.

blackcat.jpg
: I thought you wanted to stab things?

hoverdog.jpg
: As long as my victim dies a horrible painfully death, I don't care how I kill.

After the kobold encounter, the party went back to hommlet to sell stuff. Afterwards it traveled back to the bog and encountered nothing along the way.

toeeinterlude-004.jpg

I decide to take the scenic unexplored route leading to the dungeon. A shanty town somewhat reminiscent of Liberal's hometown in Georgia.

rollypolly.jpg
: This town is in serious need of some rainbows. It's all bleak and stuffies.

renegen.jpg
: Stuffies? [sigh] It appears Black Cat's vocabulary is becoming contagious.

toeeinterlude-005.jpg

:rage:

Goblins ambush the party. Black Cat is caught out of position because of crappy pathfinding making her go around the other side of the shack :x

BLOBERT.png
: GOBLINS AMBUSHED US! HOW VERY UNBRO OF THEM, LET'S WHACK THESE POPAMOLE CREATURES!

toeeinterlude-007.jpg

blackcat.jpg
: Why am I bleeding... so... much...

FUCKING CRITICAL HIT DURING AN ATTACK OF OPPORTUNITY!
Maybe just standing there was a better idea *sigh*

toeeinterlude-010.jpg

BLOBERT KEEPS MISSING. God damn it. At least our USEFUL melee characters are doing something.

toeeinterlude-011.jpg

runningfox.gif
: How was that not a sneak attack? What bullshit is this?! How did that goblin see me?!

Yeah, I was pretty sure that was a valid backstabing position. But Running Fox is still :incline:

toeeinterlude-013.jpg

BLOBERT.png
: BROS, LOOK AT THIS!

renegen.jpg
: Ah yes, the walking pile of lard will miss again how...

lindblum.jpg
: OH SHIT! Bro, that was brutal!

BLOBERT.png
: TOLD YOU MY AIM WAS JUST A BIT RUSTY BROS.

toeeinterlude-017.jpg

Hoverdog murders a goblin with his maces of doom. :incline:

toeeinterlude-019.jpg

runningfox.gif
: I find making holes in your back rather enjoyable. How about you, Goblin?

toeeinterlude-021.jpg

rollypolly.jpg
: KURONEKO CHAAAAN! Don't die!

Yeah, with all the goblins around her I can't attempt to stabilize her. Furthermore the bloody goblin leader is standing next to Renegen so I can't attempt to cast any spells with him. Fucking goblins.

toeeinterlude-022.jpg

Running Fox keeps delivering more :incline:

toeeinterlude-025.jpg

lindblum.jpg
: So yeah BLOBERT, when will you hit somethign again? As you can see I could give you some pointers.

BLOBERT.png
: I DO NOT WISH TO HAVE THIS CONVERSATION WITH YOU BRO. THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH MY AIM, YOU ARE JUST LUCKY.

toeeinterlude-026.jpg

rollypolly.jpg
: KURONEKO-CHAAAAAN!!!!!

wrlr.jpg
: Specimen's performance below expectations, terminating. New specimen will be required. A consensus will be needed.

Deleting "Black Cat" personality template...
DONE! Black Cat.txt has been successfully deleted.

Jimbob fails to stabilize black cat after all the goblins around her are dead. :salute: A fine sorceress has met a most unfortunate end. DUE TO FUCKING SHITTY PATHFINDING :x

Oh and Renegen got seriously wounded by that goblin leader but he stabilizes with no outside help! Truly an ubermensch of a sorceror!

:yeah:

toeeinterlude-028.jpg

BLOBERT hit something again, the end is nigh.

toeeinterlude-030.jpg

runningfox.gif
: Fucking lucky... gobl...

Running Fox gets knocked out. I'll have Jimbob stabilize her ASAP.

toeeinterlude-032.jpg

BLOBERT.png
: RAAAAAARGHHHH!

renegen.jpg
: HOLY SHIT!

That was fucking brutal, :incline: of BLOBERT!

toeeinterlude-034.jpg

Yeah, Jimbob succesfully heals... Renegen. I didn't notice he had stabilized before this point :rage:

toeeinterlude-035.jpg

rollypolly.jpg
: Eww! You spilled all of his guts all over my clothes. That is not nice Mr. BLOBERT!

lindblum.jpg
: JESUS CHRIST MAN! How did you do that?

BLOBERT.png
: IT IS THE WAY OF TRUE BROS TO KILL SHIT LIKE THAT, YOU CANNOT COMPREHEND.

FUCK! DID YOU SEE THAT?! GODDAMN INCLINE RIGHT THERE! Sadly there was no other goblin within cleave range. But still, that's our new damage record.

toeeinterlude-040.jpg

BLOBERT.png
: BROS, I AM STILL OK. NO NEED TO PANIC.

All that constitution paid off. Did I mention that we're playing with rolled base HP and on level up?

toeeinterlude-041.jpg

jimbob.jpg
: Fear not lovely fox, with my healing skill you won't end up in a box!

BLOBERT tried to whack the goblin, he missed and lost consciousness.

toeeinterlude-044.jpg

jimbob.jpg
: I will save you my dear bro, after all you were not wounded by a fatal blow.

Time to grab Black Cat's replacement, also we got a ton of loot from those goblins which needs selling.

toeeinterlude-046.jpg

On the way back to Hommlet we encounter pirates. I hit avoid, they may not be crawfish or spider, but we have a lot of wounded.

wrlr.jpg
: Pause simulation. Send report to Primary Node. Inform Primary Node that we need a new specimen. Request that all nodes reach consensus on the matter, their input is required to proceed.

Sending data packet... complete!

That's it for the interlude.

VOTE FOR A NEW SPESHUL CHARACTER OUT OF THE LIST IN THE FIRST POST. Other than Black Cat obviously

Yeah, the Black Cat dilemma resolved itself. You have time until I get back (whenever the hell that will be) to pick a new SPESHUL character.

BTW, if we somehow end up lacking new recruits to fill in vacancies, you will be able to submit a new character to be rolled.

Pope Amole II

Nerd Commando Game Studios
Developer
Well, if you'll run out of characters, put Pope Amole V in the stack.

As for the special character I'll change my mind - this party needs either Hiver or Cleve since healing and buffs are really in shortage here.

CappenVarra

phase-based phantasmist
Patron
hiver will be much easier to larp, provides healing / divine magic, and just missed being in the party with the cat... sounds fitting to me :)

Running Fox

Educated
Queued
PROSPER!
SANITY IS FOR THE WEAK!

WHY THE FUCK AM I ON THE FRONTLINES ALONE?! BACKSTABBING A HOBBIT THAT IS STANDING IN FRONT OF ME?! GIVE ME A BOW!

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
That game fucking hates mages. RIP Black Cat. :salute:

Bring on Hiver!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom