Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline The Dark Knight derps: Telltale's QTE Interactive Batman Movie

Astral Rag

Arcane
Telltale Games, Warner Bros. and DC Entertainment Announce Game Series based on Batman™ for 2016
BATMAN_LOGO.jpg

Telltale Games, with Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and DC Entertainment, today announced an interactive episodic game series based on DC Comics’ iconic Batman™ that is set to premiere in 2016. The official title for the Telltale series is yet to be revealed.

The episodic game series will premiere digitally on home consoles, PC/Mac, and mobile devices. Specific platform details are yet to be announced.

“At Telltale, we’ve been honored to bring our unique approach to interactive storytelling to some of the biggest entertainment franchises in the world, and we’re excited to announce that we’ll soon be exploring what it means to be Batman in an all-new series starting next year,” said Kevin Bruner, Co-Founder and CEO of Telltale Games. “This iteration of Batman will give fans a first-hand opportunity to dive deeper into the complex life and mind of Bruce Wayne, the duality of his own identity, and the struggle of responsibility in saving a city overcome with corruption and villainy.”

“Telltale has an established track record of creating award-winning content for some of the best properties in the world,” said David Haddad, President, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. “We look forward to working with the team as they deliver a new interactive way for fans and gamers to experience the rich narrative world of Batman.”

Revealed on-stage at The Game Awards 2015 in Los Angeles, the full announcement teaser trailer will be available for online viewing later this week.

edit: I originally posted this thread in GG :rpgcodex:

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
This might actually be good. I did not care about their previous stories but a Batman story that has less fighting than those stupid Batman Arkam games and feels more like a comic would be fun to play.
Of course I will pirate this, I am not paying money for interactive storybooks.

flyingjohn

Arcane
Imagine a proper batman adventure game in they style of the animated series.
Not to mention that the detective work fits well into the adventure genre,and you could add qte for small combat sections to please casuals.
Now that would be worth it,but we will probably get interactive movie 2.0.

lightbane

Arcane
In before a QTE-cutscene in which as the Joker you crowbar Jason to near-death.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Imagine a proper batman adventure game in they style of the animated series.
Not to mention that the detective work fits well into the adventure genre,and you could add qte for small combat sections to please casuals.
Now that would be worth it,but we will probably get interactive movie 2.0.

Telltale's idea of puzzles are "put batteries into the radio in the right order", wtf makes you think they are going to have any sort of investigation gameplay that requires deduction, inference etc? You'll just get "Albert will remember this".
One can hope they will understand what Batman adventure is about.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Unless it's Paul Dini/Batman TAS era stuff it'll be shit. But some of you not-game fags will eat it up, regardless.

Deleted member 7219

Unless it's Paul Dini/Batman TAS era stuff it'll be shit. But some of you not-game fags will eat it up, regardless.

That would really be excellent. Just something Paul Dini could be given free reign over, but with the Telltale C&C formula, unhampered by Rocksteady fucking everything up (Arkham Knight).

nil

Cipher
This could be really cool if you weren't playing as batman, but something like a rookie detective, an undercover cop, or a low level gang member.

Just imagine how much more interesting would it be trying to escape from batman (or be interrogated by him, or see him take out bad guys in the background while the criminal boss is taunting you and you try to keep his attention), rather than finding the right thing to click on to scare the thug into telling you that the fucking Joker is behind the whole thing, but this time his plan is even bigger than last week.

Tommy Wiseau

Arcane
Sounds good. I was actually thinking about Telltale making a Batman game today, before I read the announcement... funny coincidence.

bethestard.png

So how many hours do you have in Fallout 4

Last edited:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Sounds good. I was actually thinking about Telltale making a Batman game today, before I read the announcement... funny coincidence.

bethestard.png

So how many hours do you have in Fallout 4
0, you Slavic welfare case.

Alex

Arcane
This is only going to be good if it's the Adam West batman.

My thoughts exactly. I thought I would never like to see another Telltale game, but if they were basing it on that version of batman, it could end up being a pretty cool almostgame.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Has telltale actually won any recognition by fans and press for their latest visual novel games? I mean, GoT didn't seem to get a lot of praise, neither did borderlands or wolf.

Has Telltale done a game in their history that was totally original and not using a beloved franchise to sell the game?

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
This is probably one of the best Telltale Games to watch when it's out. I look forward to watching it Day One.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom