Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software The Dark Souls II Megathread™

Mozg

Arcane
You can lowball agility much harder than internet people seem to recommend and still be fine. IIRC 91 agility is decent enough. Even if you get hit during a roll at a point that would be invulnerable at higher agility it just damages you without breaking poise. Just don't load up on armor and weapon weight without any vitality because the burden % shortens the length of your roll; if your roll is very short distance you really start feeling the lack of invuln frames, since you have to invuln the entire attack instead of just a moment before you're clear.

Santier's Spear is fun to beeline for.

Orma

Arcane
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera
99 agi should be the minimum for every character tbh, 105 if not wearing (at least medium) armor.

Mozg

Arcane
Try a DS2 SL1 game where you have to make do with <90 agility and you'll see it's generally not what gets you killed.

I've recently been playing a character with the lowest possible Agility (85) and it's been my easiest playthrough so far.
That's because I use heavy armor and Great Shields and Great Shields are god-like in DS2.

Arnust

Savant
That's a point I keep in favor of Agility, what else could challenges or people who just don't want/know to roll can do to handicap it in favour of other things? And in exchange, how great is it to buff your iFrames further than normal for the opposite?

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I've recently been playing a character with the lowest possible Agility (85) and it's been my easiest playthrough so far.
That's because I use heavy armor and Great Shields and Great Shields are god-like in DS2.

Shields are stupidly OP in vanilla but DLCs will kick your tanky ass all the way to Mars. I had to completely change my style the moment I fought the first boss (the tiger) or I wouldn't be able to get through.

v1rus

Arcane
What are TEH musts i should do before i venture to NG+? Any kool items to get with boss souls, or weapons i should def upgrade, etc?

Also, is that puzzling sword as fun as it looks?

Orma

Arcane
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera
What are TEH musts i should do before i venture to NG+? Any kool items to get with boss souls, or weapons i should def upgrade, etc?

Also, is that puzzling sword as fun as it looks?

Puzzling sword is pretty good.

Buy all dragon bones and twinks from chloanne i guess, boss souls and shit depends on your build

Mozg

Arcane
Do the Navlaan crap before NG+

Buy weapons that only have one copy per NG+ if you might want to power stance two of them. Uchi, homunculus mace, probably others.

v1rus

Arcane
Do the Navlaan crap before NG+

Buy weapons that only have one copy per NG+ if you might want to power stance two of them. Uchi, homunculus mace, probably others.

Think I already did that. Should check it tho.

Arnust

Savant
And when you are completely done, kill all the NPCs part for unique loot sometimes, their set from Melentia and the Sin to be a target for Arbiter Spirits.
Also boss sets from Magerold. Other than that, try and spend all your Lockstones/Branches you can becouse those'll be taken away.

DramaticPopcorn

DS2 isn't garbage but it's the kind of game that makes you question your sanity as the FUCKING OBNOXIOUS AND CRIPPLING tedium kills your brain cells. PvP was fun though, can't say the same for SOTFS though. DS1 is life.

v1rus

Arcane
Beat the fume knight.

Fuck that memory of the old king tho, fuck it once more, and fuck it once again, and keep fucking it. I hate that fucking place.

It might be not that bad actually, I might just be burned out. Been playing whole day.

bataille

Arcane
Tell me of your feelings about that stretch from the first bonfire of the iron keep to the smelter demon door (Scholar version). I promise to listen attentively. I also have napkins and some soothing solution handy.

v1rus

Arcane
Tell me of your feelings about that stretch from the first bonfire of the iron keep to the smelter demon door (Scholar version). I promise to listen attentively. I also have napkins and some soothing solution handy.

Ye, its friggin' disgusting. Yet, old memory seems harder for me for some reason. Still, I hated first smelter demon, so I hate this bastard too.

Got kinda discouraged tho. Been reading old posts, and it seems Ivory King is worst of the dlcs :( + I'm really hating those long runs to bosses, don't know how the fuck am I gonna make myself beat smelter 2.0 or Alonne (whom I have yet to meet).

praetor

Arcane
Beat the fume knight.

Fuck that memory of the old king tho, fuck it once more, and fuck it once again, and keep fucking it. I hate that fucking place.

It might be not that bad actually, I might just be burned out. Been playing whole day.

nah, it's not burnout. all 4 challenge areas in the DLCs are pure horseshit solo. i understand them wanting to design some areas that encourage coop but still... pure garbage. as good as the "normal" parts of the DLCs are, the challenge areas are at the bottom of the barrel and make Izalith look like the best level ever

v1rus

Arcane
Beat the fume knight.

nah, it's not burnout. all 4 challenge areas in the DLCs are pure horseshit solo. i understand them wanting to design some areas that encourage coop but still... pure garbage. as good as the "normal" parts of the DLCs are, the challenge areas are at the bottom of the barrel and make Izalith look like the best level ever

Well, I cant remember the first challenge area :D Beat the first dlc last July, and just came back to the game. Had no idea that dragon thingy was supposed to be a challenge area, tho it makes sense for the gank squad, thats for sure. Still, wasnt that big of a deal to divide and conquer 'em solo. Smelter demon and two bullshit wolves look way scarier :/

Hyperion

Arcane
Somehow the twin sabertooth cats manage to be less bullshit than the infinite rapehorses that will charge at you from anywhere on the map.

v1rus

Arcane
Somehow the twin sabertooth cats manage to be less bullshit than the infinite rapehorses that will charge at you from anywhere on the map.

Not helping bro :(

Anyone else has something to add, so I might properly piss myself?

Nah, just kidding. Time to man up, git gud, and make codex proud :salute:

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
You haven't beaten the twin tigers? Don't even try solo say I, just summon someone. Apparently it's inteded for co-op and it's actually a pretty good fun with one or two more people.

v1rus

Arcane
You haven't beaten the twin tigers? Don't even try solo say I, just summon someone. Apparently it's inteded for co-op and it's actually a pretty good fun with one or two more people.

Sadly, offline only. Guess i could summon npcs, but eh, idk. I think i beat every single boss solo. :/

Except those for that retard story progression achievement, tho, i have to say, it was way harder with those fuckers hanging around.

Killed them solo on my first try, but it was the most nervous battle in any game ever for me, i'd rather kill myself than face the path for that fucking boss again.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Killed the tigers solo on your first attempt? That's...pretty fucking impressive. Especially if you say it was a nervous battle. All the guides I've seen relied on speed and aggression, killing the first tiger as fast as possible. Anyway kudos.

You need to kill the first one when second comes in as quick as possible, it's the critical part of the fight, but yeah, just summon someone if you don't want a lot of adrenaline :lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom