Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The definitive, last Pillars of Eternity rating thread!

How would you rate Pillars of Eternity (with expansions and patches)?

Votes: 17 4.5%

Votes: 40 10.7%

Votes: 88 23.5%

Votes: 40 10.7%

Votes: 33 8.8%

Votes: 42 11.2%

Votes: 8 2.1%

Votes: 11 2.9%

Votes: 4 1.1%

Votes: 3 0.8%

Votes: 20 5.3%
  • J_C is a cuck! (kc)

Votes: 68 18.2%

• Total voters

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
WM 1 and 2 are objectively worse than the main game. The game hasnt improved after 1000 patches. Just forget about this piece of shit.

Pillars 2 is good so far tho, so id advice you to play that instead.
Wow, I knew you were retarded, but damn, I had no idea you were THAT retarded. Ouch.

Lhynn

Arcane
Hey, I'm trying but what could I do when I'm against a level of intelligence as yourself. Mr. Objective.
Im serious here, you are lame. You arent capable of arguing for or against anything in any kind of sensible maner, your posts in this subforum are a waste of everyones time. All we ever get is your retarded unsubstantiated opinion. Nobodoy here is capable of debunking what i say, all i get is your retarded knee jerk reactions because you never, ever think things through.

At least you arent a resentful twat and a dumbfuck like mexi.

Last edited:

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Hey, I'm trying but what could I do when I'm against a level of intelligence as yourself. Mr. Objective.
Im serious here, you are lame. You arent capable of arguing for or against anything in any kind of sensible maner, your posts in this subforum are a waste of everyones time. All we ever get is your retarded unsubstantiated opinion. Nobodoy here is capable of debunking what i say, all i get is your retarded knee jerk reactions because you never, ever think things through.
I'm really, terribly, honestly, sincerely sorry. But not just sorry. Sorry from the bottom of my heart. I mean, nobody can be more sorry than I am. I'm wasting your time on this stupid forum where every second guy is shitposting, and trolling. What I don't understand is why didn't you put me on ignore already? I feel really bad wasting your time, but I can't do anything about it. YOU have to do it. YOU have to make the Codex great again by ignoring me. And tell everybody that they should put me on ignore as well. Maybe, the Codex can get rid of this cancer...this ME. You know that I probably won't be able to sleep tonight, right? Knowing that fact that I wasted people's time on the Codex? It is just unbearable. You know the worst part? That I wasted YOUR time! The one true Objective Man on the Codex. Who said that PoE is objectively shit.

Wait, didn't the majority of the people here enjoy PoE and found it a fun time overall? You know what? I have a feeling you are objectively full of shit. So get over here and give me a hug!

At least you aren't a resentful twat and a dumbfuck like mexi.
But honest to God, I'm trying as hard as I can. I promise I'll get there eventually.

ScrotumBroth

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
I gave it an 8. I'm tired of hating every Kickstarter and welcome one that's not heavily debilitated.

Edit: Oh wait this is PoE1, fuck this shit.

Self-Ejected

MajorMace

Self-Ejected
Patron
The White March was cool.
Cool atmosphere, cool maps, cool soulbound items, cool dungeons, cool unique spells, cool weather (roflmao).
It shared some problems with the main game (mostly pacing, filler encounters here and there) but I can't think of something that wasn't already bad or turned out worse.
Companions maybe. I never hired them so I couldn't tell.
The bog swamp was pretty fucking bad though.

Wait, didn't the majority of the people here enjoy PoE and found it a fun time overall?
If so, they hide it very well.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Many of the criticisms were addressed in the updated version of POE. WM is even better in every respect: encounter design, maps, stories, skill-checks, itemization. Deadfire continues what WM started and is a much better game for that.

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

At least you arent a resentful twat and a dumbfuck like mexi.
I'm not resentful. You say stupid shit, and I always call you out for being a dumbshit. You're just so damn butthurt that I constantly destroy you.

Lhynn

Arcane
Guess what, most people liked WM and new additions like the big battle for Caed Nua.
Guess what, i dont fucking care what you felt. If you cant give me a decent argument your opinion matters fuck all.

What I don't understand is why didn't you put me on ignore already? I feel really bad wasting your time, but I can't do anything about it. YOU have to do it. YOU have to make the Codex great again by ignoring me.
Why would i? you are a clown i get for free.

Wait, didn't the majority of the people here enjoy PoE and found it a fun time overall?
The majority of people that stick around these threads are shills. Everyone with an opinion worth a shit moved on long ago. I do enjoy calling people on their bullshit tho, so i hang around threads like these to make sure it gets done.

But honest to God, I'm trying as hard as I can. I promise I'll get there eventually.
We both know you wont, you will always be a half assed faggot.

I'm not resentful. You say stupid shit, and I always call you out for being a dumbshit. You're just so damn butthurt that I constantly destroy you.
Bullshit, all you do is rate. you never make an intelligible argument. You know its true you stupid cunt, even now. I told lacrymas in a very concise manner why the expansions are shit. All you can do is disagree in the most unproductive way possible, thats all you do.

Last edited:

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Guess what, i dont fucking care what you felt.

Great, since nobody cares how you felt about WM either.

If you cant give me a decent argument your opinion matters fuck all.

Learn to read, retard:

Many of the criticisms were addressed in the updated version of POE. WM is even better in every respect: encounter design, maps, stories, skill-checks, itemization. Deadfire continues what WM started and is a much better game for that.

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Mexi thinks he's destroying Lhynn lololol.
Here comes a white knight retard. Just had to laugh at the ultimate clown if you think this Lhynn idiot makes sense. :lol:

Bullshit, all you do is rate. you never make an intelligible argument. You know its true you stupid cunt, even now. I told lacrymas in a very concise manner why the expansions are shit. All you can do is disagree in the most unproductive way possible, thats all you do.
Your statement was retarded. What the fuck is there to say? There is no disagreeing with stupid.

Lhynn

Arcane
the big battle for Caed Nua.
Alright, let me adress this separately.

The "big battle for Caed Nua" started with a great ramp up in the tension with a lord claiming your land, and ended up with in an open map with no obstacles where your enemy went to die after the single most retarded game of square, triangle, circle.
The only half memorable moment in the entirety of the expansions was the concelhaut quest. And it was the only thing id call a quest and not be embarrased about it. And it pales in comparison to raedrics hold. So no you retarded fucking shill, WM has nothing that surpasses the main game, and how low that fucking standard is is whats most impressive.

Great, since nobody cares how you felt about WM either.
You care. Or you wouldnt be so riled up trying to prove me wrong. At the end of the day all that matters is the argument, not who makes it.

encounter design
The best encounter in vanilla is still better than anything the expansions throw at you. And i wouldnt call the insane amount of trash mobs and clusters of enemies "good design". But you would, because you are a retarded shill.

Maybe the forge, MAYBE. I cant remember the specifics and i played the god damn thing a month ago.

Nope, every one as bland as the next, with the exception of Concelhaut. Which wasnt fucking good, it got a passing grade because it was a change of pace and an actual interesting part of the lore of the game gets explored.

skill-checks
This is true. It wasnt a big step forward but it was a slight improvement.

itemization.
:lol: The itemization was still shit. The only redeeming thing about them was the challenges, in an "sandboxy gotta catch them all" sort of way.

Deadfire continues what WM started and is a much better game for that.
Continues fucking what? it couldnt possibly be more removed from WM if it tried.

Open world filled with places to explore continues from linear romp. Neither the aesthetics nor the mood is the same, the setting from both games could have been in a different world and no one would have been the wiser. And its most peoples opinion that PoEs 2 ties to the first game only hurt it on every conceivable level. I dont exactly agree, i like continuity in my games, but some of the worst aspects of the sequel were inherited.

Lhynn

Arcane
Your statement was retarded.
See, thats all you are. You rate and dont argue because thats all you can offer. Some sad platitudes.
The sooner you realize you are just another shitposter the sooner we can all move on.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
I enjoyed WM as much as Baldur's Gate and liked the updates they did on the main game. You didn't.

Almost nobody thinks that the vanilla base game was better than WM. You do.

I'm not autistic enough to argue with you about every single detail. And frankly, I don't care whether you agree or not.

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Your statement was retarded.
See, thats all you are. You rate and dont argue because thats all you can offer. Some sad platitudes.
The sooner you realize you are just another shitposter the sooner we can all move on.
That's all I can offer you for sure. As I said, I don't argue with stupid. It's not worth it.

Lhynn

Arcane
What's the best encounter in the base game ?
Adra dragon ?

I liked the first fight against Raedric. Heard good things about the second fight but i had already put down the adra dragon and was ready to meet thaos by the time i got the quest, so it was a lolstomp. I liked the fight against the adra dragon but it mostly felt like a stat check to me, and it didnt feel suitably epic, any dragon fight in BG2 shits all over it.
Floor 3 of Caed Nua had me laughing when i first got there. Had to play with the patrols, separate them and cheese in order get through it. I liked Hyleas dragon fight.

I enjoyed WM.I'm not autistic enough to argue with you about every single detail. And frankly, I don't care whether you agree or not.
That's all I can offer you for sure. As I said, I don't argue with stupid. It's not worth it.
Meh, thats some reddit tier posting there.

Self-Ejected

MajorMace

Self-Ejected
Patron
I liked the first fight against Raedric. Heard good things about the second fight but i had already put down the adra dragon and was ready to meet thaos by the time i got the quest, so it was a lolstomp. I liked the fight against the adra dragon but it mostly felt like a stat check to me, and it didnt feel suitably epic, any dragon fight in BG2 shits all over it.
Floor 3 of Caed Nua had me laughing when i first got there. Had to play with the patrols, separate them and cheese in order get through it. I liked Hyleas dragon fight.

Ah ok. I agree that those are among the best parts of the base game. Deathguard Raedric is a pretty cool fight as well yeah. I like sky dragon better too, I think it's simply because the visual feedback on the adra dragon is completely fucked and I never understand what the fuck is going on.
But in all honesty though, between poe's act 1 (which benefits from good pacing imo) and poe's high level stuff, you would actually rather go through defiance bay and dyrford's content rather than doing durgan's battery, the black dude's workshop and stalwart mine ?

Because that's the main strength of TWM in my book : it starts after act 1, allows the player to completely skip fetch quest city and skaen's corridors of trash mobs, and you can then jump in high level stuff ez pz.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom