Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Deus Ex: Human Revolution Thread: Director's Cut™

bertram_tung

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
the amount of really noticeable texture problems in the director's cut is pretty annoying

See many of them in this thread:
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=139945

Here's an example for those who don't feel like clicking:

Original:
vAxJFGth.jpg

Director's Cut:
wR1ZwwHh.jpg

Pay 5 more dollars for the same game with broken textures. Nice

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
A patch is downloading. I guess they're fixing some of this shit.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://community.eidosmontreal.com/blogs/DXHRDC-Patch-Release-Notes

Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut Patched
Posted by Valerie Bourdeau

A patch has just been released to address a number of bugs and issues that affected some players of Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut.

What exactly has been fixed? This right here:

AI Bug Fixes
The Personality Dialog no longer disappears when talking to Chase;
Chet Wagner no longer missing;
Sarif dialog fixed when using pheromones.

Graphic Fixes
Black material - Fixed texture problem on the base of Detroit convenience shops;
Black wall in Sarif HQ near the entrance fixed;
Bright green textures instead of metallic textures in Hengsha kitchens fixed;
Fixed textures tiling issues in Adam's apartment floor and wall, Detroit grass and corridors;
Fixed floor tiling issue in Detroit apartment carpets;
Fixed black material on Tai Yong Medical walls.

Sound/Music Fixes
Fixed stuck sound issues;
Megan intro music stops playing in the walk and talk;
Fixed audio glitches in level load;
Fixed incoming commentary sound glitch when the system is disabled;
Music no longer stalling when performing an alt-tab.

Features fixes and additions
Setup dialog: now possible to change settings outside of the game;
Text selection language option fixed;
Fixed language switching issues from Steam and in-game;
Some performance optimizations.

We are still working on a few issues, most crucially the second screen functionality on PC and Xbox. We are collaborating with Intel and Microsoft to provide the full Director's Cut experience to all players as soon as possible.

crakkie

Arcane
Even the xbox version was screwy? I guess this was a Wii U port.

Performance seems a little worse than vanilla on my crappy rig.

Deleted member 7219

The original DE: HR ran like a dream on my PC.

Now I have a better graphics card, an SSD and more memory and I'm playing the Director's Cut version of the game, and the performance is bad. Choppy framerate and stuttering - bad optimisation. I don't know what went wrong. Surely it is the same damn game, only with a few extras added in?

Vibalist

Arcane
Having the exact same issue. None of the fixes I've tried work either. This is quite embarassing for them.

bertram_tung

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
they still haven't fixed a lot of graphical glitches. for example no reflections on cars, and there are still paintings on the walls in hengsha that are glitching out

In fact, a lot of what they did "fix" is still not right.

They tried to fix the textures in adam's apartment and the tiling on the floor of the police station but it's still not right. the textures are still all fucked up.

Director's cut WITH patch:
JkdiQij.jpg

Original Game:
mzCkn4e.jpg

What a piece of shit.

More info with pics in this thread:

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=140389

Last edited:

Gord

Arcane
I had choppy framerates/stuttering with some versions of the original game.
What helped me was using NVidia Inspector to lock fps at 60.
Was a quite common issue, I think. Maybe it's back?

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Not only are there these texture issues but the I would say the "director's cut" is also kind of weird in other areas. They toned down the gold look yeah, but a lot of the game looks oddly worse without it due to color balancing being thrown off and textures never meant to be highlighted being highlighted. The DLC weapons in my opinion are overpowered, there's a reason the sniper rifle in the main game couldn't use a silencer, and I'm not sure I like having the system reboot of the DLC inside the main campaign.

I guess it's a balancing act either way.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I'd be more worried about gear loss - how is it solved?

I don't know, I've only reached around the midpoint of the game in the DC. I know from asking elsewhere it still reboots your praxis points, but I didn't ask about gear. Good question.

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm not sure I like having the system reboot of the DLC inside the main campaign.
Actually might help reintroduce some aug scarcity.

I'd be more worried about gear loss - how is it solved?

In one room of the ship is a "box" with whatever items/ weapons you had on you. You can find this room fairly quickly but if you were like me and had all the inventory space (augs) filled you can't take everything with you. I had lost 4 or 6 rows of inventory space and had to leave behind several weapons. At the end of the DLC part when you go to Singapore you get like 40 Praxis points to use to get you back to where you were before going to the research rig. With the Praxis points you get during the DLC part most augs are able to be filled up at this point of the game.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
In one room of the ship is a "box" with whatever items/ weapons you had on you. You can find this room fairly quickly but if you were like me and had all the inventory space (augs) filled you can't take everything with you. I had lost 4 or 6 rows of inventory space and had to leave behind several weapons. At the end of the DLC part when you go to Singapore you get like 40 Praxis points to use to get you back to where you were before going to the research rig. With the Praxis points you get during the DLC part most augs are able to be filled up at this point of the game.

That sounds like shiiiiiit. I think I might just end my DC playthrough at this point.

kazgar

Arcane
Is the discount still available for owning the full version on steam, wondering if I can get a upgrade with sale prices. Can't see how its applied.

At least for me, the discount is still the same as I already have for owning the vanilla game (75%)

So yeah, there's not much point to Director's Cut being on sale since they could just have the normal game on sale and the 75% discount would apply anyway.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
At least for me, the discount is still the same as I already have for owning the vanilla game (75%)

So yeah, there's not much point to Director's Cut being on sale since they could just have the normal game on sale and the 75% discount would apply anyway.
it's 50% for owning basic game and 75% for owning basic game and missing link, iirc and the basic game is removed from the store anyways.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom