Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The developers

obediah

Erudite
whatusername said:
How do you have sex, work, AND work on AoD in one day?

He said he's been married for 14 years, there's not that much sex involved. :lol:

John Yossarian

Magister
Personally I think the other two devs don't "really" exists, they are just VD's alternate personalities that take over on different days, and happen to know drawing and animation, and don't know anything about the Codex.

obediah

Erudite
Re: The other developers

GhanBuriGhan said:
Vault Dweller said:
GhanBuriGhan said:
May I deduce that you are not married ? :)
I've been married for ...*counts*... 14 years.

Well done! If I would try to follow your schedule I'd be divorced :)

I'm in the middle of a 12-16 hour workday, 7 days a week spell right now, and my wife is holding up okay. The last time it lasted 3 months and she was about ready to kill me though.

The worst thing about working that much is I get very very irritable about anything that wastes any amount of time. If the car in front of me doesn't risk life and limb to make it before an oncoming car, I start cussing up a storm. My wife will do some trivial thing in a less than ideal order, costing 5 seconds and I'll look at her like she's a retard.

Okay, I lied, the absolute worst thing is only sleeping in 1-2 hour chunks, which means there is never a chance to get drunk.

tarkin

Augur
Wasteland 2
StraitLacedDeviant said:
Also I fucking hate people who sling around that n00bies R st00pid shit. Get over yourself tarkin.

Where did i write that someone is shite? I only pointed out that im sick of exploding bolts and flamthrowing crossbows. As for him (AMDG) i really like some of his thoughts but i couldn't help myself not to tell everyone about that itch in my crotch (teh ubar xbows) and thats it.
If someone needs to get over himself that is You sir.

Spazmo

Erudite
Can we have sex with old people in AoD? Maybe exploding sex? I think this feature would seriously add to the depth of any game that wants to call itself an RPG.

Mr Happy

Scholar
Spazmo said:
Can we have sex with old people in AoD? Maybe exploding sex? I think this feature would seriously add to the depth of any game that wants to call itself an RPG.
Oooo, SpeedSex. In high definition. Voiced by Patrick Stewart. Ahhh....what an awesome minigame that will be.

Rina

Scholar
Mr Happy said:
Spazmo said:
Oooo, SpeedSex. In high definition. Voiced by Patrick Stewart. Ahhh....what an awesome minigame that will be.

Oh. So that is what those exploding bolts are for. :oops:
AMDG you perv. :?

Slylandro

Scholar

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Mr Happy said:
Spazmo said:
Funny, but it would be wasted. I don't think VD's engine supports enough bloom for that.

Mantra_n

Novice
so who are the devs besides you, VD? can you list them? I'm curious how this is getting done, ie are you contracting the art out or just getting volunteers/friends to help out, what about code?

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Mantra_n said:
so who are the devs besides you, VD? can you list them?
4 people work on the game all available time, day-after-day: designer, programmer, modeller, animator. We've also used services of 5 artists (concept art, all kinda icons, location art, logos, etc), a music guy, and a web guy who put the site together.

I'm curious how this is getting done, ie are you contracting the art out or just getting volunteers/friends to help out, what about code?
I paid some people; some people just wanted to help. As for the code, the engine and thus 60% of the code is licensed, the rest is done by the programmer who is very, very good at it.

psycojester

Arbiter
Personally I think the other two devs don't "really" exists, they are just VD's alternate personalities that take over on different days, and happen to know drawing and animation, and don't know anything about the Codex.

The first rule of game developement is that you do not talk about game developement.

Jim Kata

Arbiter
AMDG said:
"Which shortcomings, anyway?"

No party , no powerful medieval weapons , not enough recipes for crafting/alchemy , strange magic system , no romance(s) and the list can go on ...

To most of those I say 'thank god'. Parties are good, though.

One Wolf

Scholar
HardCode said:
Are you sure that AMDG isn't really MSFD, Todd, or Pete?

didn't MSFD have his hands cut off for posting here too often? i haven't seen that guy in like forever.

on topic, i actually like the idea of playing a solo character in AoD. provided that the storyline and setting are as they have been described, i can foresee myself playing the factionless, eloquent thief doing his best to manipulate and instigate the various factions into destroying themselves, even if walking out of a buring city with not a coin in my pockets is the end result.

exploding crossbow bolts?

i could honestly give a fuck what weapons are in the game given that there is a fair variety, since the actual character/NPC interaction and overall storyline far outweigh many of the more banal elements of a game world.

i suppose that one of my most pressing concerns is that the overall scope of the game (and this of course is only my opinion) is so ambitious that i can imagine a dilute result. i certainly am not predicting this, i only fear it. will i be the factionless, eloquent thief doing his best to manipulate and instigate the various factions into destroying themselves, leaving a torn city behind me?

every game must have its boundries; i only ponder the distance at which they lay.

Lumpy

Arcane
Hey, congrats, AMDG, repeating crossbows are actually in.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom