Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age: Inquisition Pre-Release Thread

Avellion

Erudite
Moving the goalpost.

Technically, yes and if we go by no healers like I literally said, yes none of them belong in that group. I do like the overall concept of healers, provides another role to combat and thus more diversity to your party members and their roles. But at the same time, I do not think an RPG must have a combat healers to be good. However, knowing BioWare's utter incompetence at balancing, they will mess up horribly, making things worse than they were even before. What we have seen and heard of the new system is not a good sign either.

Dork Souls had an implementation of res management/potion similar to what the DA:I want, and it's pretty decline. You never lacked potions, you were always refilling your stacks at bonfire gratis, and could upgrade bonfires up to 20 potions (just like DA:I intends on letting you upgrade your stack).

Of course no one used healing spells in DS1, it had a batshit retarded implementation of resources.

DS2 is slightly, just slightly better, for not giving you more than a few potions in your stacks at the beginning, and making other forms of healing much slower to use in combat. It made healing spells look more appealing too, to use while exploring so that you could keep your potions only for important boss fights. It's still ultimately decline because you will end up with a large stack at the end.

Dark Souls' healing system isnt perfect and has flaws. However, the issue is you had too much healing in the end, like you said. Though, it still beat my massive hoard of grass by the time I was done playing Demon's Souls. Problem was, the overabundance of healing resources.
No, they weren't. It was also particularly bad about healing (only a 5 second cooldown for all healing, health potion tiers had their own individual cooldowns)

Do that and you will eventually run out. Of course, the game was never challenging to the point to justify the mass consumption of consumables like that.

This isn't much of a choice. Go to tactics screen, if a character has less than a % of their health, heal. In DA:O and 2, outhealing damage is the degenerate, low-bar way of winning fights.

I was referring to the theoretical but improbable scenario of only having enough mana left for one (assuming they all cost the same), in which you have to make a choice between one of the 3 effects. Point is, the mage can heal, although that comes at the expenense of everything else, there will be less mana for crowd control, buffing, debuffing, damage, ect. With this new system, ANYONE will not only be able to heal, but they will be able to heal fully without any worries of potentially limiting their other fields.

Last edited:

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Key bindings are in.

Friendly fire is an option.

Game does not pause in the co-op mode.

Lots of screen tearing. (Thank you, bad eyesight, you will make this a non-issue for me!)

Inventory space is poorly managed. There's lots of room to show items, but they have it start in the middle of the screen for some reason.

XORUqAk.jpg

8oRGSw6.jpg

zwy9VZu.jpg

Jos8ZMk.jpg

z4KyXx5.jpg

yDxLpS1.jpg

qtnNl28.jpg

Last edited:

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I thought they weren't going to do a friendly fire toggle because players were too stupid to know if they wanted it or not?

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I thought they weren't going to do a friendly fire toggle because players were too stupid to know if they wanted it or not?
It'll probably be unchecked on all difficulties as standard and then players who want to use it, get that option.

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
If the AI is as bad as I'm expecting it to be, it'll need an option to turn friendly fire off. I remember playing a mage in DA:O, casting huge AoE spells like Inferno and then fucking dumbass Alistair goes running right into it.

eremita

Savant
If the AI is as bad as I'm expecting it to be, it'll need an option to turn friendly fire off. I remember playing a mage in DA:O, casting huge AoE spells like Inferno and then fucking dumbass Alistair goes running right into it.
In the video above, Laidlaw shows you can order your party with commands placed on UI (stop action etc.).

polo

Magister
So, for those who watched the vids. What do ya think? Is this worth pirating?

:troll:

polo

Magister
26gb? No one cares about optimization anymore.
And here i was so hyped about backflipping dwarves with hairy chests.

Thane Solus

Arcane
wanted to see some proper gameplay, started with emotional engagement cutscenes dialogs, closed the video, deleted history, threw the desktop out of the window. Nice map tho...

Will pirate it if drunk or on drugs...and never enter again in the the 10000 pages thread which will be in a few months "criticizing" the game...

Borelli

Arcane
Music is too loud compared to voices.
LOL HE KEEPS THE DUMB HELMET WHILE BEING A WIZARD.
Generic trailer otherwise.

Deleted member 7219

Glad to hear friendly fire is in. Will play this one on hard and see how it goes. PC settings look good.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom