Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age: Inquisition Pre-Release Thread

Nihiliste

Arcane
Patron
Brothels in Witcher games are like bees and honey, can't have one without the other. Bioware though, especially with their SJW bent, have rather questionable taste in whores

After Zeschuk/Muzyka see a draft for DA:I's script and decide to end it all they'll be rolling in their graves at hearing this shit. I wonder how Luke Kristjanson feels about all of his reasonably normal colleagues leaving and being replaced with SJWs and more specifically LGBT activists.

RPGMaster

Savant
MDj9gBd.jpg

I highly recommend ACE VENTURA: PET DETECTIVE for inspiration.

eremita

Savant
Brothels in Witcher games are like bees and honey, can't have one without the other. Bioware though, especially with their SJW bent, have rather questionable taste in whores

I wonder how Luke Kristjanson feels about all of his reasonably normal colleagues leaving and being replaced with SJWs and more specifically LGBT activists.

Uhm, he feels ok I guess? Besides Gaider who's somehow active in LGBT comunnity, I don't really see anything strange really. Bioware has a positive attitude towards SJ and LGBT, but that's about it. They're not forcing their agendas, they're not focusing on presenting romance aspect of the game, their marketing is pretty standart actually. They stated there will be romance and that its mechanics were changed. That's it, there's much much more official informations and videos about gameplay, world, classes, mechanics etc.

Now let's face who's actually obssesed with all this creepy shit, shall we? It's small yet very dedicated, therefore active and loud part of their fanbase. And then... Wait for it.... And then there's the Codex! The reason why is that Codex likes to bitch and is very protective when it comes to its conservative views, so those poor and misguided people over tumbrl and other fucked up corners of the internet are really triggering...

pippin

When you allow common folk to write/rewrite characters based on banal reasons like "feelings", then both your integrity and dignity as a creator is non existant.

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
How does one become a trans-gender in a medieval setting, exactly?
(don't answer magic, please)

The same as in a modern setting, I would imagine. (ie - genetics+hormonal imbalance early in development)

DA does have some body possession history though, right? With the spirit of Justice and whatnot. So maybe it could be magic. ;)

dryan

Arcane
There is no shortage of examples of genital mutilation in primitive societies.

How does one become a trans-gender in a medieval setting, exactly?
(don't answer magic, please)
Let me educate you what transgender means to many Bioware tumlerina fans!
sx2DeKW.png

tumblr_n9k2a27PNX1tev49so1_1280.jpg

tumblr_n9k2a27PNX1tev49so2_1280.jpg

tumblr_n9k2a27PNX1tev49so3_1280.jpg

tumblr_n9k2a27PNX1tev49so4_1280.jpg

tumblr_n9k2a27PNX1tev49so5_1280.jpg

tumblr_n9k2a27PNX1tev49so6_1280.jpg

tumblr_n9k2a27PNX1tev49so7_1280.jpg

tumblr_n9k2a27PNX1tev49so8_1280.jpg
tl;dr: You'll only need a dose of this
imagination.gif
, a pinch of twitter and tumblr, a heavy dose of idiocy - and voilà! When those people talk about becoming "transgender", they aren't thinking or talking about all hormonal treatments, genital, face reconstruction and breast surgeries, various cosmetic issues with hair, skin and all. So, naturally, they think that in quasi-medieval setting it would be as simple as it (for them) now.

As for transgenders in medieval societies, well, both hijras, kathoey , and warias have quite a long history. While they aren't a direct equivalent of the modern Western transsexuals, historically they never a higher-class citizens and their life wasn't easy. Main difference between medieval society and now is silicone implants, it seems, and that's it. Many people from those groups never undergone genital reconstruction surgery even now, either because they can't afford it or because they don't think they need it.

Last edited:

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I wonder if all this bullshit was the reason for the two doctors quitting bioware

RandomAccount

Fucking 12 years of the codex, what's the only North American AAA RPG? Fucking Dragon Age...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom