Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age: Inquisition Pre-Release Thread

imweasel

i'm pretty sure they have sold more than 5 million physical and digital units since then.

Pulling magical numbers out of your ass is not sales numbers. That's what vgcharts does.
It's based on official numbers from EA.

3.2 million units were sold in the first 3 months, less than 1.8 million units in the 4 years after that.... Okay, whatever you say.

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
I don't really understand. Does that mean I can manually change my choices from the previous games? Without actually playing them (again)?

Delterius

Arcane
That's likely to be the way you actually get to import your choices from previous ways. This way they don't have to bother with old consoles and save files. Kinda lets go of the element of surprise, though.

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
Definitely handy though, particularly if you simply want to try out something without actually doing it all over again. It will also be interesting to see all the choices they actually keep track of. 300? I assume about 150 per game? Thats a pretty high number.

Currently playing through ME3 for the first time. The amount of reactivity (I am not entirely sure thats the correct term) is actually pretty impressive. People addressing stuff I did in the previous games, people being present in certain situations, treating me in different ways depending on who I am (eg. gender) or what I did or what they did in previous games. Call me a Biodrone, but that shits pretty impressive to me.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
I don't really understand. Does that mean I can manually change my choices from the previous games? Without actually playing them (again)?
Bioware cannot into true-false flags and if-then-else in save files.

If memory serves, some, heh, demo-makers released a program to edit your DA:O choices for save import in DA2. It actually handled mutually exclusive choices and was made as an additon to the...demo.

Last edited:

LizardWizard

Cipher
Can you guys sum up the events of DA2 for someone that has never played it and has no plans too. Going give this pile a shot because nihilism and at least its sorta open world.

Delterius

Arcane
Can you guys sum up the events of DA2 for someone that has never played it and has no plans too. Going give this pile a shot because nihilism.
Guy flees Ferelden with family. Goes to city and becomes rich by exploring dwarven catacombs. City is a hellhole where templars torture mages and qunari are general shitlords. Delterius stops playing the game. Qunari shitlords storm city because of macgufin. Guy defeats shitlords. Templars can't possibly be a straight conversation about police state and dangerous mutants mages so they are hjacked by red macguffin, turned mad. Mages rebel and one particularly shitlordy mage explodes a cathedral that looks like the 9/11 Twin Towers with a nuclear bomb that he can hide in his robes.

Can you guys sum up the events of DA2 for someone that has never played it and has no plans too. Going give this pile a shot because nihilism and at least its sorta open world.
It's basically this
2FFjY.png

tumblr_nanmc9g3V51sjoxqeo1_1280.jpg

plus this
tumblr_n1nmbdLTgE1r8kbpjo1_r1_250.gif
tumblr_n1nmbdLTgE1r8kbpjo2_r1_250.gif

tumblr_n1nmbdLTgE1r8kbpjo3_r2_250.gif
tumblr_n1nmbdLTgE1r8kbpjo9_r2_250.gif

plus this
tumblr_ltr8eoC3Nw1qeqoxd.png

es5bJrql.png

plus this
tumblr_n67n8wS2VJ1r8tsaio2_500.gif

tumblr_n67n8wS2VJ1r8tsaio1_500.gif

Only way less funny and more pretentious. Also nobody ever suspects MC being a mage if you play as one, even if you use dreaded ~blood magick~ left and right.

Last edited:

RPGMaster

Savant
"Hero Champion" sits on his arse for 3 years while the city around him goes to shit. The End.

dryan

Arcane
Can you guys sum up the events of DA2 for someone that has never played it and has no plans too. Going give this pile a shot because nihilism.
Guy flees Ferelden with family. Goes to city and becomes rich by exploring dwarven catacombs. City is a hellhole where templars torture mages and qunari are general shitlords. Delterius stops playing the game. Qunari shitlords storm city because of macgufin. Guy defeats shitlords. Templars can't possibly be a straight conversation about police state and dangerous mutants mages so they are hjacked by red macguffin, turned mad. Mages rebel and one particularly shitlordy mage explodes a cathedral that looks like the 9/11 Twin Towers with a nuclear bomb that he can hide in his robes.

Don't forget the part where the guy's mom gets killed and has her corpse desecrated by the protegé of the mage who is supposedly your friend (or at least trying to convince you to be friendly towards him)

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
This actually sounds much more interesting than anything in DA:O. Not that it means a lot.

Delterius

Arcane
This actually sounds much more interesting than anything in DA:O. Not that it means a lot.
The premise had the potential but they botched it in a number of ways.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"slays several dragons, including the godlike Flemeth"

Why do you lie? Flemeth was never 'slain'. She faked her death.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
From Mark Darrah, Dragon Age Executive Producer:

I’m excited to announce that Dragon Age: Inquisition has gone gold on all platforms! This milestone is a testament to the hard work of the developers (and their families!) who put so much into this game, and took on every challenge that was put before them. That we’ve made it this far is also an acknowledgment of tremendous support and patience from our fans: you’ve been an inspiration to us since the beginning.

We started working on this game in earnest more than four years ago, before we’d even finished Dragon Age II. Back then, our goal was simple: do whatever we had to in order to tell the biggest story we’d ever told in the Dragon Age universe. Achieving that meant leaving no stone unturned – from adopting a new engine in Frostbite 3, to reimagining combat so it could blend tactics and action better than ever. It meant bringing back playable races in addition to gender choice, to work in conjunction with the biggest and deepest character creator we’ve ever built. It meant building a beautiful and detailed online platform to ensure your decisions from the previous games carried over. But most importantly, it meant crafting a story that put you in the role of a leader, with the biggest supporting cast we’ve ever had, made up of both new and returning characters.

These are characters who can challenge you, support you, fall in love with you, and maybe even betray you over the course of hundreds of hours of playing. Perhaps you’ll do the same with them. Looking over the vastness of the game we’ve finished, it really is the Dragon Age experience we’ve always wanted to make for you.

The biggest story of the year is yours to play, very, very soon. Thank you.

Mark
http://blog.bioware.com/2014/10/31/dragon-age-inquisition-has-gone-gold/

:avatard:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom