Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age: Inquisition Pre-Release Thread

Nihiliste

Arcane
Patron
I guess people didn't learn from last time to wait for reviews/pirate

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
From Mark Darrah, Dragon Age Executive Producer:

I’m excited to announce that Dragon Age: Inquisition has gone gold on all platforms! This milestone is a testament to the hard work of the developers (and their families!) who put so much into this game, and took on every challenge that was put before them. That we’ve made it this far is also an acknowledgment of tremendous support and patience from our fans: you’ve been an inspiration to us since the beginning.

We started working on this game in earnest more than four years ago, before we’d even finished Dragon Age II. Back then, our goal was simple: do whatever we had to in order to tell the biggest story we’d ever told in the Dragon Age universe. Achieving that meant leaving no stone unturned – from adopting a new engine in Frostbite 3, to reimagining combat so it could blend tactics and action better than ever. It meant bringing back playable races in addition to gender choice, to work in conjunction with the biggest and deepest character creator we’ve ever built. It meant building a beautiful and detailed online platform to ensure your decisions from the previous games carried over. But most importantly, it meant crafting a story that put you in the role of a leader, with the biggest supporting cast we’ve ever had, made up of both new and returning characters.

These are characters who can challenge you, support you, fall in love with you, and maybe even betray you over the course of hundreds of hours of playing. Perhaps you’ll do the same with them. Looking over the vastness of the game we’ve finished, it really is the Dragon Age experience we’ve always wanted to make for you.

The biggest story of the year is yours to play, very, very soon. Thank you.

Mark
http://blog.bioware.com/2014/10/31/dragon-age-inquisition-has-gone-gold/

:avatard:
snuggie-pirate-o.gif

Garryydde

Arcane
Patron
Douchebag! Repressed Homosexual
From Mark Darrah, Dragon Age Executive Producer:

I’m excited to announce that Dragon Age: Inquisition has gone gold on all platforms! This milestone is a testament to the hard work of the developers (and their families!) who put so much into this game, and took on every challenge that was put before them. That we’ve made it this far is also an acknowledgment of tremendous support and patience from our fans: you’ve been an inspiration to us since the beginning.

We started working on this game in earnest more than four years ago, before we’d even finished Dragon Age II. Back then, our goal was simple: do whatever we had to in order to tell the biggest story we’d ever told in the Dragon Age universe. Achieving that meant leaving no stone unturned – from adopting a new engine in Frostbite 3, to reimagining combat so it could blend tactics and action better than ever. It meant bringing back playable races in addition to gender choice, to work in conjunction with the biggest and deepest character creator we’ve ever built. It meant building a beautiful and detailed online platform to ensure your decisions from the previous games carried over. But most importantly, it meant crafting a story that put you in the role of a leader, with the biggest supporting cast we’ve ever had, made up of both new and returning characters.

These are characters who can challenge you, support you, fall in love with you, and maybe even betray you over the course of hundreds of hours of playing. Perhaps you’ll do the same with them. Looking over the vastness of the game we’ve finished, it really is the Dragon Age experience we’ve always wanted to make for you.

The biggest story of the year is yours to play, very, very soon. Thank you.

Mark
http://blog.bioware.com/2014/10/31/dragon-age-inquisition-has-gone-gold/

:avatard:

Early leak when?

Garryydde

Arcane
Patron
Douchebag! Repressed Homosexual

Zeriel

Arcane
I don't really understand. Does that mean I can manually change my choices from the previous games? Without actually playing them (again)?

I also wonder how this will work if you just install the game and don't use it. Does that mean some generic, default start choice?

Honestly, I wish they'd just integrate it into the game, like they did with that Mass Effect 3 DLC. All these out-of-game apps are heresy.

eremita

Savant

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
I don't really understand. Does that mean I can manually change my choices from the previous games? Without actually playing them (again)?

I also wonder how this will work if you just install the game and don't use it. Does that mean some generic, default start choice?

Yeah, seems like it.

This video explains it pretty well. Its older, so sorry if was already posted. It was news to me. Not reading this thread regularly.

Zeriel

Arcane
I got 30 seconds into that thing before my ennui took over and I closed out the window. This bodes well for my enthusiasm levels for the actual game.

Edit: by "this thing" I mean the Keep, not the videos.

Last edited:
so early impressions from people playing the review copy
"World's so fucking big"

"Filled with puzzles"

"load of sidequests"

"Story seems more interesting. Hard to tell at this point ofc, but intro felt better than previous games"

Image quality is crisp on PS4, no screen tearing. Framerate holds up well but very slight dips during a ton of onscreen action.

Reiterating the world is massive, tons to see and do.

So the review embargo's up well before release.

source : lair of SONNYNIGGERS
last comment means that EAware is either confident as fuck in their game or they paid the reviewers really well this time :M

Mystary!

Arcane
Definitely handy though, particularly if you simply want to try out something without actually doing it all over again. It will also be interesting to see all the choices they actually keep track of. 300? I assume about 150 per game? Thats a pretty high number.
It's a bit misleading. I believe it's not actually 300 choices but rather 300 different options. "Did you kill that guy or spare him?" two options, one choice.

Psquit

Arcane
Dragon age 3 Inquisition

Now with more gay sex!

Inquisitor: Arishok... ready to join our cause?

Arishok: Shepard Inquisitor your strength shall be tested by the ways of the qun.

*3 big muscle half naked qunary warriors appear before hawk the inquisitor*

Inquisitor: these Qunari negotiations sure are HARD!.... Uguuu-

MASTERPIECE! 10/10 need more gay dragon sex. pls biowaru give dragon dildo with collector edition. Pls kill me.
350251__safe_fat_brony_feels_troll_why+sid+why_neckbeard_stereotype_that's+our+sid.jpg

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
:lol:

Absolutely spot-on artist's impression of the average Biodrone.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom