Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age: Inquisition Pre-Release Thread

Hepler's Vagina

Learned
You're not the same character as in the OC in SoU/HotU. You're not supposed to have that ring. Perhaps you're confusing HoTU with the final chapter of the OC.
Well I played about a year ago with no mods and my character was the same level in HoTU as he was in the OC. His gear from OC (minus one or two quest tokens) was stashed in an adjacent room . And yes he had that ring and Aribeth reacted to it, though Tomi - my trusted henchman from OC - seemed not to know me.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
You're not the same character as in the OC in SoU/HotU. You're not supposed to have that ring. Perhaps you're confusing HoTU with the final chapter of the OC.
Well I played about a year ago with no mods and my character was the same level in HoTU as he was in the OC. His gear from OC (minus one or two quest tokens) was stashed in an adjacent room . And yes he had that ring and Aribeth reacted to it, though Tomi - my trusted henchman from OC - seemed not to know me.

Interesting. It'd be cool if you or somebody else could post screenshots of that.

Hepler's Vagina

Learned
A quick look at their forums makes me want to vomit. Seems like 90% of the content is about sucking some companion's dick.

As someone who grew up in Edmonton with a number of the guys that are working at Bioware I'm happy that they're making money exploiting morons but it's gotta be depressing seeing that's who your target audience has become.
Yes, they are way more than the fringe some people here imply them to be. At the height of the DA2 revolt, there were many threads in the spoilers and non-spoilers sections that were overwhelmingly critical. Woosey and the Priest couldn't keep up bannus and lockdowns. Meanwhile, unobserved, in the character discussion sub forum, threads about Anders were reaching several thousand pages with almost no dissenters (for content think 'Tali sweat'). That's why I have no doubt that however loud the butthrut was over 'the ending', DA:I 's sales will be just fine.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
You picked your OC character when starting the campaign (IIRC your character is auto-exported when you finish a campaign). That's why you have the same levels and gear. Canonically, in HotU you're the same character you were in SoU which is why none of the OC characters recognize you and Deekin does.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

Interesting. It'd be cool if you or somebody else could post screenshots of that.

I know that Hordes of the Underdark wasn't the most prolific release but I think the Internet would have some mention of it.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
cover art reveal

it's pretty decent-looking, honestly

882079_10152337452839367_3774822524613655828_o.jpg

Martius

Liturgist
I guess showing dragon in cover and not using it in game in meaningful way in game is just tradition for series. Also inquisitor is now dragonborn?

Grolav

Is it some new trend in games cover art of having the person on the cover facing us with his back...?
I just noticed it on the new Civilization: Beyond Earth cover too. Are backs the new thing?

Tytus

Arcane
cover art reveal

it's pretty decent-looking, honestly

882079_10152337452839367_3774822524613655828_o.jpg

WOW! Finally! A cover where random dude with a sword/gun isn't standing in a weird pose staring at the camera. This time it's a random dude with a sword in a pose showing us his back! SUCH CREATIVITY! :M

Jedi Exile

Arcanum
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I think they tried to make it gender-neutral. It's difficult to say if this is a random dude or a random girl.

Tytus

Arcane
I think they tried to make it gender-neutral. It's difficult to say if this is a random dude or a random girl.

Then they failed. It's clearly a chick. A dude would have enough common sense to not stand under a cloud of invading demons and would formulate some plan. :troll:

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Moar like Dragon Age: Aquisition amrite?

V5Y8hMo.jpg

lol at the cheapass bevel on the EA logo. I'd close Bioware if I was EA and they did that to my logo.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Best artwork I've seen in the last decade. Will print this out and use as a painting on my wall.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
lol at the cheapass bevel on the EA logo. I'd close Bioware if I was EA and they did that to my logo.
caught my eye too. I think it's EA themselves doing that part of the artwork tho. probably an intern's first photoshop.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
That's some awesome fantasy cover art, honestly.

Stop being desperate to bitch, Codex. I'm sure the game will give you plenty of legit bitch-fuel.

Yes, they are way more than the fringe some people here imply them to be. At the height of the DA2 revolt, there were many threads in the spoilers and non-spoilers sections that were overwhelmingly critical. Woosey and the Priest couldn't keep up bannus and lockdowns. Meanwhile, unobserved, in the character discussion sub forum, threads about Anders were reaching several thousand pages with almost no dissenters (for content think 'Tali sweat'). That's why I have no doubt that however loud the butthrut was over 'the ending', DA:I 's sales will be just fine.

You need to factor in that internet comments are a terrible indicator of public opinion. Damn good thing too, or else there wouldn't be a western government left standing.

This also applies to the critics, of course - people are much more likely to post about something they're pissed off at (the guiding rule of clickbait lists). But I suspect that sexual deviants are even more overrepresented than whiny fucks.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I don't see what the problem with the cover art is. I mean, what the fuck do you people want? It looks at least mostly hand drawn, it's colorful, it shows (presumably) the player character facing off against a horde of monsters, and there's a lot of detail in the backgrounds even through all the fog. The only thing I don't like about it is the EA logo. What exactly is the problem here?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom