Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age: Inquisition Pre-Release Thread

Dreaad

Arcane
Deep in your subconscious mind spreading lies.
That's some awesome fantasy cover art, honestly.

Stop being desperate to bitch, Codex. I'm sure the game will give you plenty of legit bitch-fuel.
It is actually alright. Guy/girl's sword isn't 3 times the length of the person holding it. No giant, "cool" looking dragon flying around with Bioware flames coming out of it's mouth. No retarded tribal tattoo like font. Sadly if I remember correctly DA2 also had fine looking cover art.... judging books by their cover and all that.
:kfc:

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
Nothing particularly wrong with the cover art. Worst I can really say about it is that it's generic.

By no means does that mean the game will be good, nor do I expect it to be good. It's a fucking cover, codex, it's completely non-indicative of the actual quality of the game itself and you're allowed to think it looks okay without being mocked for being a biowhore.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
How would you have done the bevel effect?

Funny how people can get upset about trivialities like these.
reduced the white lighting for starters, smoothed the inner edges and added a colored highlight. I would also have switched the bad low-res texture in the background of the logo. if I had to go with bevel I'd also switch the lighting direction.

Akratus

Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
That's some awesome fantasy cover art, honestly.

Stop being desperate to bitch, Codex. I'm sure the game will give you plenty of legit bitch-fuel.

It looks like a generic fantasy comic cover. Of course, means it's perfect for a game such as Dragone Age III.

DraQ

Arcane
because actually writting a multi aligned story is too complicated.
What's complicated about ensuring that whenever your character has to do something to advance the questline, they are provided with a nice, selfish reason to do so?

Alignment system in BG was a fucking joke (and not a funny one, either), but the problem wasn't deathsquads after you proven to be omnicidal maniac.
The problem was that evil characters didn't want high reputation (and that getting positive reputation was a nonissue).

Reputation shouldn't be tied to alignment and shouldn't be just one variable.
Instead, it should be a set of variables describing how well known are you (with different RPCs reacting based on their modus operandi, not necessarily their morals) and what you're known for separately.
The latter should also consist of multiple variables depending on character's knowledge.

Dude with something orange in his hand.

Classic :obviously:
Extending his other hand towards something lemon lime.

Last edited:

Tytus

Arcane
tumblr_n4erv0oYVk1sjbmv5o2_500.jpg

This one is at least more consistent with the series.

Tytus

Arcane
WOW! And if we pre order today we are gettting day 1 DLC for free.
Much rejoicing, such happiness.

That day-1 dlc was of course made after the main game was complete and wasn't planned in advanced.

DA: Derpisition.

As much as I disliked DA2 they at least made a nice set-up for the sequel. War between Mages and Templars. Sociological change on the continent, etc. But no, fuck that. let's have a generic demon invasion and let's not explore the politics and culture changes that would surely come becaue of the events of the second game. Let's throwaway any moral ambiguity and make another black and white game, when you don't have to think if the enemy is trully wrong and if your actions are justified. Demons, go kill them. That's Bioware for you.

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
From Polygon:

"There's an interesting undertone here of people in the world believing that you have been sent as a leader by the maker of the universe," explained creative director Mike Laidlaw, in an interview with Polygon. "As a player, I have the option of saying, 'Oh yeah, I'm the chosen one' or asking what the hell they are talking about. It's up to the player."

"Of course, it doesn't matter what the player actually decides to do," Laidlaw added, as he jammed a pine cone up his ass and slammed his head into a doorjamb for added emphasis. "One of BioWare's great strengths has always been the ability to make the player feel like they are making choices. In reality, we will probably just make a different colored cut-scene."

Tytus

Arcane

Tytus

Arcane
From Polygon:

"There's an interesting undertone here of people in the world believing that you have been sent as a leader by the maker of the universe," explained creative director Mike Laidlaw, in an interview with Polygon. "As a player, I have the option of saying, 'Oh yeah, I'm the chosen one' or asking what the hell they are talking about. It's up to the player."

"Of course, doesn't matter what the player actually decides to do," Laidlaw added, as he jammed a pine cone up his ass and slammed his head into a doorjamb for added emphasis. "One of BioWare's great strengths has always been the ability to make the player feel like they are making choices. In reality, we will probably just make a different colored cut-scene."

It reminds of that Ultima 7 interview from the early 90s someone posted on the codex a couple of days ago. To paraphrase it "You can choose to ask more, then the computer gives you cles, or you can say no, and the computer aborts the conversation". Bioware style of writing right there.

Tytus

Arcane
the fact that this shitthread has 160 pages is depressing.
You're a pretty silly guy if you don't know that criticism is infinitely more enjoyable and diverse than praise. Hence longer hateful threads than the opposite.
criticize something worthy of notice, then. the sooner bioware is forgotten and dies, the better.

Bioware has a financial backing of EA and a "broader market appeal". The length of this thread won't change that, especially it won't change their sale figures. Even if codex ignores Bioware it wouldn't even notice. So this thread is a way to vent our frustation that a shitty developer is unfairly popular. Get you head out of your ass and find a sense of humor.

veryalien

Educated
Patron
Codex 2014

Tytus

Arcane
LoL another October 7th launch.

Apparently I am an ingoramus. What also comes october 7th?

Bunch of other shit games, like Shadow of Mordor and Alien Isolation.

I'm gettng Shadow of Mordor day 1 and buying a PS4. I don't care what anyone thinks. They're trying to innovate with the Nemesis system which may turn out quite good.

Lord of the rings license, hack'n slash version of AC.

Innovate.

Sure, buddy, what ever floats your boat.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom