Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age: Inquisition Pre-Release Thread

Angthoron

Arcane
I now have this mental image of Angthoron as the Rain Man of obscure cartoon references, watching the various game presentations while mumbling deadpan a continuous stream of animated character names, until the E3 bouncers drag him into the back office to 'discuss' his card-counting design-skewering talents.

What is it with this place?! I reference Sim City and Meltdown sends me a Traffic Adviser avatar for personal use, I reference Moomins and am now a Rain Man of cartoons :(

But seriously, the likeness is quite uncanny, it's that guy, but grimdark and edgy. The nose, the hat, the scarf, the "I am totally chill" expression.

Never even saw the cartoon, but Mumintroll books were really popular among children in late USSR. They were published with original illustrations, on which this cartoon seems to be based. So if you ask some Russian who was born in early 80s and before, they are probably familiar with Tove Jansson's characters in both text in visuals.

Yep. Moomins are also a big thing in Scandinavia (obviously), and, funnily enough, in Japan. The most well-known version of the cartoon is actually Japanese. Not sure where else they might be popular, but it's really not an obscure thing at all - more like aimed for fairly young kids, so could've slipped under people's radars.

Gord

Arcane
"Walking unnoticed through crowds"

With that hat?
It suddenly dawned upon me that I've seen this character before. Took a moment to figure which one it was, but after a google search, I can now demonstrate what character of the Moomins creatively inspired BioWare.

acdQqKv.png

Might also be based on this guy:

cheech.jpg

Cadmus

Arcane
Duude that was my favourite moomins character. His dried cum in his speedos has more coolness than the fucking dragon age faggot emo scarecrow.

norolim

Arcane
Yep. Moomins are also a big thing in Scandinavia (obviously), and, funnily enough, in Japan. The most well-known version of the cartoon is actually Japanese. Not sure where else they might be popular, but it's really not an obscure thing at all - more like aimed for fairly young kids, so could've slipped under people's radars.
Was also very popular in Poland, when I was a kid. There was even a Polish TV series and a number of Polish animated films.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Just because it had a different name before, doesn't mean it was an expansion pack.
You're overlooking how, one month before DA:O's release, they said they had two years of DLC planned. Awakening came out around March. One year later, in time for expansion #2, DA2 was released.

I agree with the guy that says they wouldn't try to overhaul the engine and mechanics for an expansion; DA2 was meant to be a new game it was just always destined to be shit.
I disagree. As Obsidian says, expansions/dlc are a great opportunity for experimentation. Lower budget, lower risk (also keep in mind that the scope of the overhaul would have been different because of said lower budget).

Angthoron

Arcane
Maybe their QA went through the dialogue files and found out they were filled with inane SJW agenda and now need to go through every file and correct it.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Yeah, good bad indifferent, games being delayed is par for the course.

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Ok, so who is it?

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/battl...agon-age-inquisition-delayed-until-november/#

Johanna_L on DSOGaming said:
Homophobe? Of course I am a homophobe. What are you ? A homo lover? Or even worse an Aids spreading homo? People like you belonged in the mental hospitals like we had 10 years ago when homos were declared a mental insanity. Of course its an EA game, out to corrupt idiot youths such as yourself insecure of your very own sexuality. And you think this is OK? Think again! Njet comrade this homo loving propaganda game will onlly get hate from us. Thank God for Witcher 3 I must say, no homos!

:lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom