Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age: Inquisition Pre-Release Thread

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
I'm not going to play the game, but I do look forward to laughing at it in the inevitable Codex LP thread. It's fun to watch a trainwreck.

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
I'm not going to play the game, but I do look forward to laughing at it in the inevitable Codex LP thread. It's fun to watch a trainwreck.

I dunno. A couple of the videos make it almost seem palatable, for a fantasy action-shooter. But then I remember it's Dragon Age, so the faux-open-but-actually-corridor areas come to mind, the Morrigan-disapproves level of companion interaction, the one-button-to-rule-them-all gameplay all come to mind and that fleeting glimpse of giving it a mindless go just vanishes into a caramel-flavoured-cloud.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
266 pages? Why is anyone anticipating this?
People are complaining now. Then they are going to play through the game with all the classes. Then they will come here and complain a bit more. I've seen people (not on the codex) complain about losing interest in a game after playing it 7 times. U wot m8? seven fucking times is solid replay value.

imweasel

Maybe it's Greg Zeschuck trolling us.

What we really need is a Zeschuk/Muzyka kickstarter.
That would make me cum in my pants actually, but those guys have more than enough money to start up a new company.

Either they don't want to be in the gaming industry anymore or they are bound to a non-compete clause. Not sure.

Those guys are real bros who made the all too common mistake of putting hoes first.
Aha, do tell.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
The PC UI stands revealed, in all its kick-ass glory:

EXN0njl.jpg

J.E.Sawyer is quaking in his boots.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
2D portraits are still an improvement over the ugly 3D models from O and 2.

dryan

Arcane
I prefer the 3D ones where I can pose my character and choose facial expression.

pippin

There was a certain charm in making my character look like a retard when facing omg so seriouz ehrmageddon, but I must agree- 2d portraits are better. At least they don't look as atrocious as the 3d models.

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
The PC UI stands revealed, in all its kick-ass glory:

EXN0njl.jpg

J.E.Sawyer is quaking in his boots.

Let me see.

No real grass on ground
Selection circles too bright
Bottom right buttons too small
Character portraits area too large
Map bottom left instead of top right or bottom right which is what players are more used to
Map is actually only a "radar" which is silly
Because of lack of bacground, small keybinds next to skill icons are unreadable when against a bright background (eg, sun-lit grass in the picture)

2/10, would not bang.

Malpercio

Arcane
266 pages? Why is anyone anticipating this?

"Anticipating" is a big world. I'll give it a go, just like I tried Risen 3 and Skyrim and whathefuck. If it's shit i'll drop it, if it's mediocre but playable I'll finish and give it a 5/10, would not recommend.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom