Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Dragon Age: Inquisition Thread

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
biotard said:
...but I'm pretty sure that there isn't more than a dozen "proper" fetch quests in this 100+ hours game...
and i'm pretty sure he chose to forget about all those fetch quest generators on every map...
Requisition_table_-_Emprise.png

Man, that one was fucking outrageous.

Delterius

Arcane
There are also two other issues people still didn't point out. 1) Fetch quests aren't limited to the Hinterlands, in fact, they creep into the main quest and become the majority of the crafting system and 2) MMO blandness is not limited to fetch quests since the reason it is so pernicious is that it manages to make all sorts of quests generic and boring.

MightyHoax

Educated
Project: Eternity
Holy hell! I accidentally bought this game yesterday on ps4. It was on sale, 50% off, only $37.

I suspected I wouldn´t like it and I was completely right. Horrible fighting system, I mean, come on!

Avoid at all costs.

Started new game on casual difficulty to play the game as intended by bioware, a story driven action-adventure. And a bad one at that.

circ

Arcane
Question to the people who've finished it and been to pretty much every area. Is there any dungeon delving in this game at all? I think I've personally been almost everywhere except some locked locations revealed by the main quest, and none of the areas are a big, long dungeon/cave/whatever. It's all buildings mostly, open areas; and caves are at most pretty tiny. I guess the closest to dungeon delving would be exploring thaigs, but those have all been either small and/or unimpressive - like in Crestwood.

This engine with these resources could do some pretty impressive dungeons. I was running around recently in the Lyrium Falls cave, and had it been some huge cave to explore eh, I wouldn't have minded. But yeah, anything?

Tytus

Arcane
Question to the people who've finished it and been to pretty much every area. Is there any dungeon delving in this game at all? I think I've personally been almost everywhere except some locked locations revealed by the main quest, and none of the areas are a big, long dungeon/cave/whatever. It's all buildings mostly, open areas; and caves are at most pretty tiny. I guess the closest to dungeon delving would be exploring thaigs, but those have all been either small and/or unimpressive - like in Crestwood.

This engine with these resources could do some pretty impressive dungeons. I was running around recently in the Lyrium Falls cave, and had it been some huge cave to explore eh, I wouldn't have minded. But yeah, anything?

Don't count on it. The Deep Roads were one element of the game that I liked in the previous installments. Here all Thaigs are basically one/two room dungeons that you can't go deeper into. Even the ancient thaigs you encounter in the desert later.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Does anyone know if I can somehow sell Origin games? I want to send this away, since I actually spend money on it and that makes me tempted to try to play it again sometime(to get some value back) which is something I really don't want to do.

zero29

Arbiter

valammar is somewhat bigger (still felt small as shit for an area with three quests) and i think din'an hanin kind of qualifies, too. don't expect to be impressed, though...

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Holy hell! I accidentally bought this game yesterday on ps4. It was on sale, 50% off, only $37.

How does one "accidentally" buy a game? For 37$, on top of that? I'm seriously confused. Anyway, serves you well for not heeding the ever-standing words of wisdom of Guybrush Threepwood:

tumblr_luvkhhcC7m1r4seg4o1_500.jpg

MightyHoax

Educated
Project: Eternity

How does one "accidentally" buy a game? For 37$, on top of that? I'm seriously confused. Anyway, serves you well for not heeding the ever-standing words of wisdom of Guybrush Threepwood:

A moment of severe weakness - possibly a minor cerebral hemorrhage. Only took 24 hours to download as well on my 35/35 Mpbs line.

Convinced myself that it couldn't be that bad.. I am 14 hours into it now and it is very average. Good for what it is, nothing more.

I regret buying it. Perhaps I should have waited a couple of days for TW3.

circ

Arcane
So farming is a thing now? I know about exploits now and then, but people are actually using bugs in DAI to justify getting so and so item? I mean it's not like - dude, you filthy cheater lol baby. It's moar liek - dude, just farm it - now. Much gameplay. Very BioWare.

I spent the weekend making a mage after seeing some vidya or I forget exactly what bla bla something something rift mage. Knight-enchanter was my previous mage and ultimately very boring because when played right they were simply unkillable and didn't really contribute anything to the party. But anyway. Farming. I tested out farming amulets of power for Varric as that's the earliest one you can get - well, you could head to the swamp to do the same for Cassandra but whatever. Then I figured I'd try other items in containers. Well shit. As long as you leave one item, doesn't matter what, the container will respawn with new contents. Just fast travel out of area somewhere else and return. Although in some areas you don't even have to do that - Redcliffe village chantry works and Valammar exterior works. Result after a bunch of hours - 30k+ in cash, unlimited supply of (some elemental) rune materials, access to pretty much every schematic in the game not tied to a quest, plus access to tier 2-3 equipment pretty early, oh yeah, with enough time you could have every potion upgraded before you reach Skyhaven if you really want because well shit of course tier 3 herbs can load in containers early, why not? But shit, even with 200 chests to go through who does that kind of shit?

I also did a test with a dragon to see if I could farm the shit out of his remains but nope. Somebody call 911 shorty fire burning on the dance floor. This is a thing now BioWare? You're so goddamn lazy in your coding loot tables you fuck it up and you end up with unlimited items in containers? What the shitballs?

They did kind of bugged it - although some biowarians are calling it a sneak fix. All amulets of power were removed from containers, I don't think this affects other equipment though. I'm leaning towards sneak fix, because fuck, why fix something properly when you can just delete a bunch of items. Nevermind the kind of equipment you can actually get real easily, and it's not like a few extra skill points will affect anything considering the quality of the skills, or rather, utter lack of quality. I gave Varric all of subterfuge and sabotage. Conclusion - knockout powder is shit and toxic cloud likewise.

Anyway, here are some farm locations if you're interested.

Temple of Shard or whatever it's called in the shard temple desert area. There are initially three doors, a fourth one opens after you finish all three or somefink. In the first room of each is a sarcophagus, and a single other container. Sarco loads with 5 of first tier elemental/spirit materials and one minor belt of resist element. Leave the belt, farm materials endlessly. The container I've seen loads with up to tier 2 stuff, including schematics. Next room has a sarcophagus too and two containers - although ice room has three containers. Sarco in this one has 5 first tier, 5 second tier, better resist belt and a pretty sucko ring that improves so and so spell in whatever elemental school. Leave ring, grab belt and materials - repeat. Stuff in containers here can be really good stuff and belts sell for pretty decent dinero. There are also a bunch of other containers around the desert, some of which can load with tier 3 stuff. As long as you leave one item, you're good. If it only loads with one item, leave it and come back later, usually adds money the second try, which you can leave - or take and leave the other stuff if it's shit.

When testing if dragon remains could be farmed I went by this dock with a ship near the Hinterlands dragon. This loads with 20+ obsidians, one fade-touched obsidian (used on armor you get 3 guard every hit you do/get hit lulul), uh buncha gems and money I think. And this can of course be repeated indefinitely if you're so inclined, just leave one item.

Think unique chests in areas where you need the perk um, something lockpicking stuff from Leliana, is safe from BioWare bugs? Nobe. You can farm the shit out of those too. Another chest that loads with obsidian including a fade-touched one is in Redcliffe.

Sacks in that swamp place sometimes load with one herb, but, on occasion if you're patient, next time you might get two, and will you look at that, one of them has a chance of being a rare tier 3 herb. Woohoo. Also the special locked room here loads with a bunch of goodies. Use sacks near the zombie pillar things because - lots of sacks, quick fast travel spot.

There's a tier 2 chest on the bridge near where the quest to seal some rift for some cultists is. It's hiddenish behind a rock. Also the sack nearby sometimes loads with goodies. Plus there's a second chest opposite the sack that's not quite as good as the tier 2 one, but some nice stuff loads occasionally.

Chests in templar encampment in Hinterlands can be a goldmine for some reason, mage encampment not so much that I tested, go figure. Also next to it [templar encampment] is a waterfall and stream, and there's a hidden small chest near a broken boat. Goodies there. Sack next to it - eh, not that special.

Heading down the stream, across a broken bridge, keeping to the right side of a small incline there's a cave. In the back is a chest that gave me a few tier 2 schematics.

Aaand so on. Continue, please, BioWare.

Looks like some new trend in politically-correct gaming. They made all their female sexual objects pretty unatrractive, because they wanted to avoid "objectifying" wymynz.

Eh, you're not that off the mark. Gaider is literally SJWing over this issue on tumblr, for example: http://dgaider.tumblr.com/post/69901751396/on-character-appearances-and-mods. It has been brought up repeatedly by Bioware fans - thereby proving, on one hand, that they are not complete drones, and on the other, that they are in it to virtual fuck these NPCs - but to no avail.

Nobody knows what goes on at Bioware headquarters but the SJW crowd looks to have immense creative control within the DA group, to the degree that they are able to dictate art design and characterization completely.

Keep in mind that Gaider has a history of trying to justify clear (and later admitted) technical/design shortcomings by insisting that they're deliberate and noble choices in the defence of SJW. The guy responds really badly to criticism (despite tolerating a fair bit in his early days). He seems to genuinely struggle to tell trolling/haters from constructive feedback, and so he goes all out counter-attack, insisting on the moral righteousness of the decision, and then full radio silence when the official party line comes down saying that it's a technical failing that their new BEST GAME EVER will address.

zero29

Arbiter
Then I figured I'd try other items in containers. Well shit. As long as you leave one item, doesn't matter what, the container will respawn with new contents. Just fast travel out of area somewhere else and return.
well known exploit, you don't even need to leave the area, a quicksave-load is enough.

gestalt11

Arbiter
The cutscene where they sing damaged me for life, how do I sue them for mental cruelty?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom