Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Dragon Age: Inquisition Thread

typical user

Arbiter
You also must have right mindset like...drifting and not thinking at all while playing, almost like sleeping. Its a game for no thinking people.

Wow, you just perfectly summarized what my impressions are about this game. I couldn't find words to describe my experiences with it vide previous post but that matches my feelings. I just played it, there is not much to say about it. Fallout 4 is bashed because there is something that makes the game not totally boring. That's why people are frustrated with it since it was huge letdown but with salvagable parts but Inquisition is boring, there is nothing worth mentioning outside of it's visuals. No one even says anything about it, there are no haters. Even in this thread someone says this game is bad, then general reply is like "yeah it is". Fallout 4 has hours long videos, even I made huge posts about it. Dragon Age: Inquisition is just so bad you can't even say something interesting about it, it's that boring and mediocre which is even worse than complete disaster aka No Man's Sky which got it's renown for being a huge overhyped fuck-up.

pippin

Fallout creates more controversy than DA mostly because the franchise has a bigger name to it, though. Also, Bethesda cares way more about their games than Bioware.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Tried the game and fell asleep during first quests in Haven while collecting elfroots, uninstalled. One the most boring Bioware games, also poorly optimized and ugly as hell.

Dedicated_Dark

Arbiter
Codex needs more dumb fanboys. There is not enough DAI defending on this thread. This is more of a circlejerk. Open the floodgates and let in some PS4 retards and game journalists, we can make this work.

donkeymong

Scholar
What difficulty and class you were playing?? On the hardest difficulty, the Pride Demon Boss is quite challenging for all classes except thief.
The envy demon demon is quite a challenge too.

typical user

Arbiter
They are AAA publisher which means they don't give a jack shit to games they spit. But just look at Inquisition; what can you take from that and make new installment? Outside of graphics of course.

prodigydancer

Arcane
In My Safe Space
the Pride Demon Boss is quite challenging
The one in the Prologue? You can avoid his attacks by kiting him around the column. Disrupting the rift stuns him for a while. Even with all trials on, it's a very easy fight.

There are no hard fights in DA:I. There's no tactical depth. On Normal you can rush almost anything. On NM+Trials it's all about attrition and kiting, and some fights may be annoying because Walk Softly allows elite enemies to spam powerful abilities. But there's nothing that would make you think outside the box or adapt. Two things: generate as much guard as possible and be ready to cast Barrier/Dispel. Everything else doesn't matter at all - you can autoattack through most fights if you so desire.

donkeymong

Scholar
There is no kiting when the adds are spawned. Of course, on normal the fight is a joke, but not on Nm.

Shadenuat

Arcane
I played a mage and just casted 2 barriers by cooldown and beaten prologue boss on NM on first try.
Don't get me wrong though - for an AAA game and first serious enemy just in a prologue, it is a well designed fight and the demon does good damage with his lightning whips. I would happily fight more enemies like that. But it's still a 16000 hitpoints (I think I remember that number right) minutes after minutes of same skill rotations and watching flashy effects. And somehow I have the feeling that that + collecting derproots + fuckton of boring backtracking and mindless exploration + dumbfuck companions is what follows in this game for hours and hours.

Last edited:
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Codex needs more dumb fanboys. There is not enough DAI defending on this thread. This is more of a circlejerk. Open the floodgates and let in some PS4 retards and game journalists, we can make this work.

There's not a whole lot to defend. Everything that is "good" about old Bioware and/or nu-Bioware still extant in Inquisition is basically hard countered by design choices like empty, spacious environments. Hike 10-15 minutes to get to the next part of your crappy visual novel.

Cadmus

Arcane
I LOVED INQUISITION, EKSPECIALLY THE HAIR TEXTURES AND HOW THEY BLEND IN NATURALLY TO THE REST OF THE FACE

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
I LOVED INQUISITION, EKSPECIALLY THE HAIR TEXTURES AND HOW THEY BLEND IN NATURALLY TO THE REST OF THE FACE

David Gaider on Dragon Age hair:

This DLC has tried so hard to make this Duchess badass, yet all I do is admire her outfits. And her hair. DA never had nice hair like that.

I mean, I love DA with all my heart, but let's be honest: if Blood & Wine was DA, Duchess Anna would have had a mullet.

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
Yeap, the legacy of Bioware is fucking in vidya games.

That's some achievement there Gaydar.

Gepeu

Savant
Patron
Unless you equip all of your party with equipment with a berserk ability, the game is very easy.

It's because the berserk ability is broken, since it grants you -300% defense, basically making your characters an insta-gib party.

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
I'm playing DA:I again, trying to keep an open mind. Ignoring the SJW bullshit, ignoring the console UI, ignoring that this is ostensibly a Dragon Age game, I'm just playing it as a game. A game with no connection to DA:O (as one imagines the creators of this game intended, since there's none to be found)

I'm of course playing it on "normal" difficulty, the way it was meant to be played. So far, it's a slow paced ARPG, with pretty graphics. It's evident a lot of talented people worked on the coding, the graphics, sound design and art. All their amazing work undercut by dumbass UI designers, retarded animators, the terrible terrible failed writers (sad!) and so on.

This makes it such a strange game to play, it's so ambitious on some levels and so mediocre and lackluster on others.

Like a movie written and directed by Uwe Boll, with the cinematography of Janusz Kaminski. There's such a huge skill disparity between the different departments in DA:I and it's baffling.

J1M

Arcane
At what phase in Inquisition's development was it converted from an MMO to a singleplayer game?

Tom Selleck

Arcane
The goddamned dream: write weird, incomprehensible twitter fan fiction for characters you no longer own from a company you no longer work for.

Nirvash

Liturgist
The "give enemy more skills" option in the complete edition actually kicked my sorry ass.

This game also covered my need of "mmorpg mindless grind gameplay" for a couple years.

Inquisitor power fantasy was decent.

At what phase in Inquisition's development was it converted from an MMO to a singleplayer game?

Nah, they just gone open world for "elder scrolls/gta moneys" but had no idea how.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom