Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Elder Scrolls Online - gone B2P

white-flag.jpg
I am offended by this generic graphic.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Q: What are crowns?
A: Crowns are a new "virtual currency" being introduced with the release of The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited. They can be used to purchase in-game items, services and content via the Crown Store interface in the game. Crowns are available for purchase separately and are included as part of an ESO Plus membership.

Q: What is the Crown Store and what can I buy?
A: The Crown Store is an in-game shop that allows you to buy convenience and customization items for your characters, as well as services and content.

ESO Plus is an optional premium membership offered to players with the launch of The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited. ESO Plus memberships will be offered in 30-, 90-, and 180-day durations.

10% bonus to experience point gain
10% bonus to crafting research
10% bonus to crafting inspiration gain
10% bonus to gold acquisition

These changes look very sensible to me. I think the game has a bright future ahead of it.

Xenich

Cipher
10% is really not that bad. It's not even worth paying for.

True. Considering the fact that most MMOs these days have leveling curves for the ADD, 10% is meaningless., but it doesn't change the fact it is what it is.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
It couldn't possibly be that they're removing old SKUs in preparation for another promotion that will coincide with the release of the champion system, one year anniversary, and/or console release...
Then why remove the game-time cards as well? Those don't really take up shelf space, you know.

Oh wait...

:hero:

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
True. Considering the fact that most MMOs these days have leveling curves for the ADD, 10% is meaningless., but it doesn't change the fact it is what it is.

I'm not bothered at all. Considering I was expecting something completely draconian, this is a nice change of pace. It's lenient compared to most other MMOs.

Echo Mirage

Arcane
Barely a thousand people can muster a fuck to give on the official forums for any one topic for ESO even with this news. I knew it had failed. But I'm slightly surprised at how hard it failed.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Beginning June 9th, you can join your friends on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 to play The Elder Scrolls Online – Tamriel Unlimited… with no game subscription fees!
Tamriel Unlimited is arriving on PC/Mac, too – beginning on Tuesday, March 17th. To celebrate the announcement, we've released The Confrontation, the final chapter in our thrilling series of cinematic trailers. Watch the stunning conclusion and get ready for Tamriel Unlimited!

Tamriel Unlimited also debuts ESO's new optional membership package, ESO Plus. With this premium membership service, players will be granted free access to all of the game's DLC game packs; bonuses to XP, gold, and crafting; and a monthly allotment of Crowns to purchase items from the Crown Store. What's the Crown Store, you ask? This is an all-new merchant store to ESO full of optional cosmetic and convenience items you can purchase for Crowns, a new currency allowing you to buy content directly from PlayStation Store. You'll be able to fully enjoy ESO without being a member, but we think you'll really enjoy the benefits if you have fun playing the game.

Those that don't enroll in ESO Plus can still expect free patches that implement fixes and other improvements along with optional DLC offerings you can purchase to add more adventures to the already-enormous game.

http://kotaku.com/the-elder-scrolls..._source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow

Multi-headed Cow

Game can be had for $20. I love trying MMOs but I hate actually playing them. I also love hiking sim TES games. This is a pickle.

Funnily enough I watched a video of a dude playing ESO earlier and there was less trash combat and more dialog in the quest he was doing than what I had in the bit of DA3 I played. It wasn't BRANCHING dialog at all (Basically all continue or quit) but there was a surprising amount of it from 4-5 NPCs for this one quest.

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again!
Game can be had for $20. I love trying MMOs but I hate actually playing them. I also love hiking sim TES games. This is a pickle.

Funnily enough I watched a video of a dude playing ESO earlier and there was less trash combat and more dialog in the quest he was doing than what I had in the bit of DA3 I played. It wasn't BRANCHING dialog at all (Basically all continue or quit) but there was a surprising amount of it from 4-5 NPCs for this one quest.
There is a lot of "dialogue", but you will have hard time enjoying it as the characters are super bland. They try to build some drama, but you can sense it from miles and just wait for the inevitable cringe.

There are some more sophisticated quests (even with choices and cosmetic consequences), but they're killed by ridiculous quest compass...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom