Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Elder Scrolls Online - gone B2P

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Walmart and Best Buy are currently running an in-store promotion: a physical copy of TESO for $10.
Yes, that is cheaper than a month's subscription. Maybe they'll be going pure subscribe-to-play soon.

Also, an infinite magicka/infinite stamina bug has been discovered that involves equipping and re-equipping a certain type of armor. It's running rampant in PvP already, but I don't know what armor it is yet :(

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I don't even know if it's worth it to schlep to BB/Walmart to pick it up for $10.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Considering the game has to charge $15 on your credit card (which is refunded later) before you can activate it, it's not worth the schlep.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Considering the game has to charge $15 on your credit card (which is refunded later) before you can activate it, it's not worth the schlep.
??!??!?!?

For real?
That's fucking stupid. Remind me of Warhammer day where I was forced to buy 1 month card cause one free month wasn't gonna let me register without card details (fuck u mythical pile of shit)

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
If your chosen method of payment charges a transaction fee on refunds (like AmEx or those trashy european bank account instapayment things), you don't get a refund at all and have to buy an extra month to play the game.

You can file a ticket with Zenimax to get the refund minus the transaction fee, but there's a six week backlog right now and the tickets sometimes get lost.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
??!??!?!?

For real?
That's fucking stupid. Remind me of Warhammer day where I was forced to buy 1 month card cause one free month wasn't gonna let me register without card details (fuck u mythical pile of shit)

Pretty much the exact same thing here. If you don't have a credit card you'd have to buy a game time card in order to get access to your 30 free days.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Some scuttlebutt on the Walmart sale:

Just wanted to say thank you. I cleaned out all the Walmarts around me.

Got 37 copies at $9.99 each. Going to post them up on e-bay for $29.99 in a week or two, and save a few copies for myself to bot with.

As a side note, three different Walmart employees told me they will no longer be stocking the game, which is why it's on clearance.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Why would anyone buy his copies for $30 when they're widely available around the internet for that price? And will probably be listed even cheaper when he puts them up... Anyway, assuming he makes $10 profit on them IF he sells them all... he went to all that trouble to make $300?

Last edited:

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
Prices are low because demand is almost nonexistent, so he bought a bunch of copies to try selling in a couple weeks, when demand is even lower. Great job!

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Prices are low because demand is almost nonexistent, so he bought a bunch of copies to try selling in a couple weeks, when demand is even lower. Great job!

In 6 months when TESO goes free to play they will probably give major bonuses to players who bought the game and there are large number of players that would be willing to spend some money for shit like that. But even today you can get the game for 20$ so hes not really gonna earn much.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
The new hot thing in PvP is to trade the emperor title between factions rapidly so that every player can get the "former emperor" passive skill tree. A group of players from all factions (often from a cross-faction guild) work together to farm "regular" PvPers for points and let the keeps at the center stay competely unrepaired so they can quickly be traded between factions. That way you can rotate through 6-7 emperors per hour in each warzone.

They also deploy fire pots in useless positions in the keeps of their own factions to hit the siege limit - that way the pubbies who want to defend the keeps can't use any siege weapons at all, making it easier to farm them for alliance points.

The big question is of course what this will do to Zenimax's "the Emperor speaks" interviews - kinda hard to do when nobody keeps the position for more than five minutes.

KevinV12000

Arcane
When will MMO-designers realize the PvP is the proverbial Kiss o' Death? There hasn't been a single successful MMO that was PvP-focused, with the partial exception of good ol' DAOC. It's pointless, the people who like it are not computer gamers by and large (they should stick with console gaming, really) and it always leads to these sorts of issues.

Ehon Asko

Novice
When will MMO-designers realize the PvP is the proverbial Kiss o' Death? There hasn't been a single successful MMO that was PvP-focused, with the partial exception of good ol' DAOC. It's pointless, the people who like it are not computer gamers by and large (they should stick with console gaming, really) and it always leads to these sorts of issues.
Eve and Ultima?

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
And least the official forums still paint a rosy picture of the game:

oufklXb.png

Looks like their "buy for PC now, switch to console later" marketing strategy is already yielding great dividends.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
thats out of sample size of 642. very reliable.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Chickens, roost, etc.

My Bank Has Blacklisted Zenimax

From my understanding, apparently there are too many cases of unauthorised charges dispute involving fraudulent transactions for ESO subscriptions (possibly by gold farmers) so their system are now automatically flagging the merchant as a possible scammer which in this case is ZeniMax Online Studios, blocking it beyond the $1 credit card validation "ping request".

I have to call in personally, authenticate my identity, verbally verify the requested transaction on my card to be approve and also make sure those multiple $1 payment attempts (if any) has been cancelled and did not go through.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom