Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Elder Scrolls Online - gone B2P

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I would brofist your brofist if I could, Jools.

Unwanted

MasterBlaster

Andhaira
Andhaira
Bill Slavesick joined the team after getting laid off from wizards of the coast back in 2011, which is probably why the combat is enjoyable. (Bill was head of R&D design of D&D 4e)

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
ESO officially announced its first ESO Guild Summit

ZOS are flying out 20 of us from the player community from NA and EU next week - we arrive on Tuesday Sep 30th, will have the summit over 2 days, Oct 1st and 2nd, and they fly us out on Oct 3rd

The summit itself is two full days of:
There will be a total of 4-5 roundtables each day, with a catered lunch break in between.
The roundtables will generally be a mix of presentation and open discussion with representatives from a specific development team, such as crafting, PVP, and gameplay systems.

Additionally we'll be going out for dinner and drinks every night and so there will be additional opportunity to have 'off the record' discussions

How many invitations did the Codex guild get?

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
4e failed so spectacularly that during the three years it was in print, the lead of the project was fired on an annual basis, then WotC just gave up entirely. I'm surprised that someone who was involved with it was able to get a job anywhere.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
The Guild Summit is underway, and the most important community leaders on the planet have come together with ZO's top developers to brainstorm for TESO 2.0:

http://tamrielfoundry.com/2014/10/eso-guild-summit/
http://tamrielfoundry.com/2014/10/eso-guild-summit-day2/

Some info on upcoming content:

Imperial City
The city is basically just a PvE zone with PvP.

• The sewers – super large public dungeon
  • Districts – contain capture locations with PvE events
  • Difficulty is tuned for 1-2 players at high level
  • Each campaign has their own Imperial City
  • All 3 sides will potentially have access at the same time.
  • Access is gated by controlling your 6 home keeps – making defending and home security more important.
  • The population cap is shared between Cyrodiil and the Imperial City, so as one side floods into the city, their power in Cyrodiil itself will wane allowing other alliances to retake less defended objectives.
What’s Inside the City?

• Districts: Temple, Elven Gardens, Market, Arena
  • New armor sets + the new Xivkyn crafting style
  • 6 new 8 hour Buffs from the Divines – these are similar to Mundus Stone buffs, but temporary. They are AoE beneficial, so if you have a buff it will affect all your nearby allies as well.
  • Lots of enemies to kill, get money, exp, loot.
  • White Gold Tower itself will not be initially accessible.

The Justice System:

What are the Crimes?

• Theft – either of personal property or pickpocketing. The team wants to be sure that any objects in the world are apparent, even without the use of UI elements, whether those items are owned or not. The chance to successfully pickpocket an NPC will change second-by-second as they undertake different actions which will prevent Outlaw players with “windows of opportunity” for theft.
  • Trespassing - each town will have locked buildings that are owned by NPCs that live there. If you pick the lock you can go inside the house and break in. Once inside you can steal from or murder the NPCs who live within.
  • Murder – currently, you will be able to attack anybody, but you will only be able to kill almost anybody. Quest critical NPCs, certain vendors, and travel-based NPCs will be immune to death

- New dye colors including Sigil Orange

- How do you feel about players who abuse traditional TES lore in incorrectly naming characters?

We fully support people having lore correct names, but we don’t force people to do that.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Amazing new patch:

Welcome to The Elder Scrolls Online v1.5, our fifth major content update! We have many new features in store for you.

In this update, we’ve added Veteran City of Ash, the continuation of the dungeon City of Ash, and implemented our improved facial animations so NPCs will look more realistic when you speak to them. We’ve also implemented the next phase of the Veteran Rank improvements, which you can read more about below.

We’re introducing both dungeon scaling and solo-instance scaling in this update so you can go back and revisit some of your favorite dungeons, and have also implemented new Undaunted Enclaves and Pledges that you can perform every 20 hours.

Crafters have a lot to look forward to as well! You’ll be able to undertake certification, as well as crafting writs and survey reports once you’re certified. You’ll want to read more about this further down. In addition, we’ve added the Dwemer crafting style, and Twice-Born Star item set.

Last but certainly not least, you can check out our new chat bubbles, but you’ll have to enable them first in the Settings menu.

Awesome stuff.

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
Going F2P would draw attention to the game's failure to maintain subscribers, so it won't happen until the console versions are released. After a whole new crop of clueless retards buy the game, play for two months and quit, then it will go F2P.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
They're still planning a console version? How many more years is that going to take?

Astral Rag

Arcane
Metro Bethesda shows glimpse of The Elder Scrolls Online's console version

jpg

Last edited:

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I would not mind an emulated server, official or not, so that I could go on playing this game once in a while.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
From the looks of it the subscriber base didn't drop like we thought it would. It's actually doing pretty well.

I'd love to play it as a F2P MMO, so it's a real shame. Not worth $15 a month. Although from time to time I have longingly looked at the TESO timecard page on G2Play. :(

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom