Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Elder Scrolls Online - gone B2P

Kaldurenik

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Why is the latency now worse on the EU servers than it was when they were located in NA?
5nurud.jpg

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:I_was_Summoned_by_a_Mortal

In time this Vanus began to pause frequently, listening, which only increased my irritation and impatience. Finally he stopped, with a "Shh!" to me—which was completely unfair, as I hadn't said a word. But I realized why he'd stopped when I suddenly heard human speech from the tunnel ahead. Hesitating nary an instant, I drew my greatsword and rushed forward, crying "A challenger is near!" The Elf cursed and followed, but he had only himself to blame—I was following his orders exactly.

:lol:

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
I'm having the same issue I had last time I played. None of the classes really click with me. There are really interesting combinations, but everyone is playing the same builds because some are obviously better than others. As an example, you can forget about getting a dungeon group as a Sorcerer Healer because the Templar's healing is just so much better. As an excellent Nightblade DPS, you'll also always be out-DPSed by even bad Dragon Knights.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

You gotta copy-paste to get the brofists

The Elder Scrolls Online Drops Subscription Fees

When a new MMORPG launches, one question nowadays is: how long until it ditches subscriptions or goes free-to-play? For The Elder Scrolls Online [official site], it’s been eleven months.

Zenimax’s unremarkable MMO take on the sprawling fantasy series stopped charging subscription fees yesterday, as planned. You’ll still need to own a copy to play, you simply won’t need to pay extra, like Guild Wars 2 and The Secret World. This comes shortly after a hefty update brought stealing and justice systems (you can hardly have an Elder Scrolls game without swiping everything not nailed down or murdering NPCs), new progression systems, a big old rebalancing, and more.

So yes, no more subscription fees. If you own it or buy it, you can play it wherever, whenever. This brings a new subtitle for the game too, turning it into The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited.

Replacing subs, though, is an optional new ‘ESO Plus’ membership which includes all DLC, boosts to XP and gold and whatnot, and a big chunk of virtual coins to spend on jazz in the microtransaction store. The store sells cosmetic stuff like pets, mounts, and outfits, as well as more boosters. Previous subscribers will get a few of those coins as a one-time gift too. Check the FAQfor deets on ESO Plus and lingering subscriptions and whatnot.

That big update earlier this month was version 1.6.5, which has some pretty lengthy patch notes. I’m a little surprised ESO launched without burglary as that’s pretty much all I do in TES games other than mod them into lovely huge tranquil forests.

Here’s a trailer celebrating the change which shows off some of those new things:

Eyeball

Arcane
Would rather like to try this abomination and looked forward to it going B2P.

I then noticed that the price tag was still 55 euros - yeah, no.

If anyone's got any ideas about where to score a copy at a significant discount, I'd be much obliged.

RPGShack

Barely Literate
It's pretty fun to have a run around and mess about with the classes. It's really pretty, especially considering it's the same engine as TOR and will keep your attention for a little while.

Sure as hell ain't worth £50, though.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
They recycled a lot of voice actors, though. For most of them I don't mind at all, but it is sort of jarring when you speak to a random Bosmer who sounds like Sheogorath.

Morkar Left

Should have bought it before the B2P launch, it was 20 euros on most cheap cd key shops :D Now it's 40 even there.
And even if you bought it then, you would also get $8 worth of crows for the store.

Game is shit though.

I'm thinking about trying the game because it could probably come close to a modern Daggerfall.

What makes the game shit?

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Nah, nowhere close to a modern Daggerfall. It's pretty much a themepark MMO with some halfway decent PVP in Cyrodiil. The class system is a lot better than most other MMOs. Every class can do every role and it just depends on what flavor you want, pretty much. Some classes are obviously better at certain roles than others, though.

It's okay if you want to dick around for a month or so, but doesn't really have long-term appeal. If you're expecting an online version of any of the previous TES games, this is not it.

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again!

Should have bought it before the B2P launch, it was 20 euros on most cheap cd key shops :D Now it's 40 even there.
And even if you bought it then, you would also get $8 worth of crows for the store.

Game is shit though.

I'm thinking about trying the game because it could probably come close to a modern Daggerfall.

What makes the game shit?
PvP is fun (sieges, questing in PvP zones), but the PvE part is just an uninspired hog (bland story and characters, quests destroyed by quests compass) and player characters look like shit (basically every armor is a skintight suit + pauldrons).

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
I thought the armor designs in this game was pretty good compared to most other MMOs.

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again!
I thought the armor designs in this game was pretty good compared to most other MMOs.
I guess most MMOs have shit armor then. The cheapness is what is the worst - most stuff is just a texture on your character + some extra polygons for pauldrons and kneeguards. I spent 4 years in AoC and it had armor you would grind for:

yellow_priests_of_yun_armour_by_tulx-d3jumb0.jpg

Black

Arcane
I dunno, you want it to come close to a modern Daggerfall :troll:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom