Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Elder Scrolls Online - gone B2P

BlackAdderBG

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I'd love to force these people to play The Secret World. They'd probably blow their brains out upon encountering the first mission that wasn't about killing enemies or, god forbid, it turned out to be an Investigation mission.

And then will have to blow it again when encounter the combat in SW.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
They're end-game MMO players. I dislike their priorities but at the end of the day Zenimax made an MMO, they have to please those people. It's the same tired story where they tried to appeal to singleplayer and MMO gamers and annoyed both.
Why doesn't someone make an MMORPG that is only endgame, if that's what players actually care about?

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Why doesn't someone make an MMORPG that is only endgame, if that's what players actually care about?

20131108164513a0dmkgjde1b156l2.png

Black

Arcane
http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertc...e-hit-with-first-major-bug-the-infinite-dupe/
Players are able to duplicate stacks of materials in their inventory. The excess materials can be sold to vendors for cash, and then instantly replenished with the dupe bug once more.
Players have found fault with Zenimax’s reaction to the dupe, or rather, lack of reaction. The company reportedly didn’t take action until after the dupe had been posted all over YouTube, and now beta testers are piping up to say that a few of them actually reported the dupe bug during their test play, but Zenimax never responded
Good to see that Zenimax has some integrity when it comes to QA, no matter if it's their MMO or someone else's SP game.:hearnoevil:

More goodies.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.co...om-the-site-account-disabled-what-is-going-on
http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/82251/kicked-from-server-now-suspended
http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/82250/can-no-longer-log-in-should-i-be-worried
http://forums.elderscrollsonline.co...ount-ban-after-attempting-to-do-final-assault
http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/81174/kicked-from-game

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
This has been a tremendous boon to the game. Instead of grinding for hundreds of hours to get a piece of top level equipment, you can now find thousands of copies for a pittance.

By the way, this was the bug:

Through the ESO item dupe bug in question, people can deposit an item in the Guild Bank and withdraw the item for virtually infinite times. All you need to do is to get an item once and then keep spamming withdraw and you will keep getting millions on millions of the same item.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
i haven't played an MMO yet where there hasn't been an item dupe, and they took it down within 8 hours, which is amongst the fastest i've ever seen it.

The first known report of the bug was filed on the 7th of February, but otherwise I wholeheartedly agree with your post.

edit: an estimated 20,000 players have been suspended for duping today, which has led to the shortest load times and highest frame rates since March for the remaining players.

Last edited:
an estimated 20,000 players have been suspended for duping today, which has led to the shortest load times and highest frame rates since March for the remaining players.

fuck yea lets ban every single player that didnt paid for 12 months subscription. imagine that frame rate and loading times.... like fucking instant:yeah:

Black

Arcane
and they took it down within 8 hours, which is amongst the fastest i've ever seen it.
The company reportedly didn’t take action until after the dupe had been posted all over YouTube, and now beta testers are piping up to say that a few of them actually reported the dupe bug during their test play, but Zenimax never responded

How cute of you.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
and to pay a fucking subscription in 2014:hahano:

To be honest, I prefer paying subscriptions. I have yet to find a single f2p or buy2play MMO that wasn't shit. It's one of the reasons I've kept returning to Eve Online over the years, despite it being $15 a month.

Even GW2 would have been a lot better if it had had a subscription. They would actually have been able to roll out quality content and not fuck with the players in order to get them to buy gold.

Would you rather pay $15 a month, have all the good content sealed away behind microtransactions or watch the developers play whack-a-mole with gold income by nerfing it every time someone discovers a way to make less than a pittance in a day?

So, I dinged level 30 with my Khajiit Nightblade. I'm really having fun with the game. Currently I'm questing in Shadowfen area and I'm must revert my previous words on quests. I don't know maybe the writing in this area is better but there are some really cool stories and quests.

I was getting a bit bored with the questing content around level 20-30, but then I hit the Alik'r Desert and it improved quite a lot.

Last edited:

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I'm not MMO guy but the combat in this seems insanely bad to me. It's not tactical or interesting in mechanics like some other MMOs I have played, nor is it good feeling action combat like Skyrim or whatever else. It's just kind of this weird middling bore. I'd rather play Oblivion, which is pretty telling.

Mortmal

Arcane
W6svXiO.jpg

The guy does this by stacking ultimate cost reduction items , wich means his vampire ultimate is basically for free. So here's the recipe on how to become emperor,get vampire bite, stack those items spam that ultimate and you will kill dozens of people without dying. Game is utterly broken right now .

BlackAdderBG

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
W6svXiO.jpg

The guy does this by stacking ultimate cost reduction items , wich means his vampire ultimate is basically for free. So here's the recipe on how to become emperor,get vampire bite, stack those items spam that ultimate and you will kill dozens of people without dying. Game is utterly broken right now .

And how is he going to do that when most people in pvp play ranged?And looking at his action bar ,how is he going to kill anyone?

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
And how is he going to do that when most people in pvp play ranged?And looking at his action bar ,how is he going to kill anyone?

Troll or drunkposting? There are three movement abilities on that bar alone.

He gets close to enemies with the charge skill bound to 1, which also stuns the target and generates more ultimate than he needs. Then he pops the ultimate and takes off a third of the target's health while healing and blocking with the shield. If the target runs, he hits the 1 button again, otherwise he swings his sword once. Then he pops the ultimate, rinse, repeat.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Coincidentally, also the most overpowered one. The restoration staff even does more damage than the destruction staff due to the 10% boost to all damage and the 10% mana gain on heavy attacks, so you can basically be a healer for free.

aleph

Arcane
Why play ESO when you could play subscription-free The Secret World or Guild Wars 2?

Last edited:

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Because TSO isn't fantasy and GW2 is bizarre? TESO is classic swords & sorcery. Can't replace that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom