Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Elder Scrolls Online - gone B2P

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Infiinite skill points exploit:

-Bangrokai has a world boss that summons a flesh atronach that if killed gives a skill point every time. Approximately has a 5minute timer....

-Not sure if anyone reported this already but Group challange in Razak's Wheel (killing flesh atronach) gives skill points even after you've done it once.

Time for the Codex guild to call their members together and farm the shit out of this.

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014

Comments:

About the whole "things no one asked for" thing... when Skyrim was at its peak, I do remember some people saying "this would be great with multiplayer, why not make it an MMO?" Granted, those people apparently hadn't noticed the recent trend of every MMO trying to be a WoW-killer and ending up generic and boring, and those people probably don't think much of TESO, but point is, some people DID ask for this. Guess we'll need to stop them next time.

This is true. A lot of retards wanted multiplayer features for TES titles.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Last couple of days I had no gold sell spam mail so I'm inclined to believe them about that.

They're still rife in the level 1-15 zones, but I haven't encountered them anywhere else recently. I think they're just being banned before they get much further than that.

It's very easy to report gold sellers and spammers,that's why the 85%

It's actually not. They really need to streamline their reporting process. Ignoring is easy, but reporting is a massive schlep because it opens a new window where you first have to select what you want to report then write a message and then submit it. The whole process probably takes around 15 seconds if the window loads up fast.

What is needed is a report and ignore function directly from the chat box, as RK47 suggested.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Meanwhile in forum...
bestto.png

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
I don't understand those forums. It seems only a certain elite is allowed onto them, because every time I want to join it tells me I need an invite code, which I don't have.

Anyway, I don't think I'm going to extend my subscription next month. I really like the game, but today I noticed I'm doing the exact same thing that lead me to leave WoW back in the day. I have literally not spent more than an hour in any other game since I got this on the 7th and it's all because my time is worth money. I feel obliged to play because I'm paying for it.

Maybe if the subscription was something a bit more reasonable like 5 euros a month, I wouldn't mind, but I don't want to pay 12 euros and then feel like I'm obliged to play.

Xenich

Cipher
I don't understand those forums. It seems only a certain elite is allowed onto them, because every time I want to join it tells me I need an invite code, which I don't have.

Anyway, I don't think I'm going to extend my subscription next month. I really like the game, but today I noticed I'm doing the exact same thing that lead me to leave WoW back in the day. I have literally not spent more than an hour in any other game since I got this on the 7th and it's all because my time is worth money. I feel obliged to play because I'm paying for it.

Maybe if the subscription was something a bit more reasonable like 5 euros a month, I wouldn't mind, but I don't want to pay 12 euros and then feel like I'm obliged to play.

If "paying a sub" is what makes you feel like you should be playing the game, well... that doesn't bode well for the game. If the game is good, the sub being 5 dollars or 15 dollars shouldn't matter as if it does, it is just a shit game and you basically end up rationalizing its worth in play. It is like the argument someone makes with FTP games... They say things like "I wouldn't pay to play that shit game... but... um... I will play it for free", which doesn't change the fact that it is a shit game. Best solution for people is just not to play shit games and then... well... they might make games with enough quality that people aren't overly concerned about the subscription price.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
If "paying a sub" is what makes you feel like you should be playing the game, well... that doesn't bode well for the game.

Except that's not what I said. Not even close. I'm not playing the game only because I'm paying a sub. I'm playing it almost exclusively because I'm paying a sub. If there wasn't a sub I would still play the game, just not as much.

Xenich

Cipher
If "paying a sub" is what makes you feel like you should be playing the game, well... that doesn't bode well for the game.

Except that's not what I said. Not even close. I'm not playing the game only because I'm paying a sub. I'm playing it almost exclusively because I'm paying a sub. If there wasn't a sub I would still play the game, just not as much.

My point stands. The contingency of you playing the game is the sub. As you said, you wouldn't play the game as much if the sub was lower. That is... you play the game more because of the sub, not because of the game.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
But that doesn't speak to the quality or my enjoyment of the game, which is what you were implying.

It's normal to play multiple games at a time. I usually have at least 5 games I'm busy with at any given time. When I'm paying a sub for an MMO I feel obligated to spend as much time with it as possible to maximize my value for money, meaning I don't really get to any of my other games.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing

-Bangrokai has a world boss that summons a flesh atronach that if killed gives a skill point every time. Approximately has a 5minute timer....

-Not sure if anyone reported this already but Group challange in Razak's Wheel (killing flesh atronach) gives skill points even after you've done it once.

Time for the Codex guild to call their members together and farm the shit out of this.

And if our now terribly OP compatriots still have a thirst for power, here's the veteran xp and loot glitch:

In veteran darkshade caverns first big boss which has 2 adds, if you *do something* adds drop boss loot too and each of them gives huge exp that boss is supposed to give. And you can kill adds one by one without even pulling the boss. Then you can pull the boss to a specific place in area, it resets and respawns the adds.

With this method you can farm 100k exp in 3 minutes (not sure as I didn’t try this at lower levels) and countless epic items including set items.

Darkshade Caverns queue is currently popping instantly for every role due to literally every veteran level player pouring into the place to get a piece of the pie. Will the Codex be left behind?

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
This is why ESO is awesome:

In my guild, out of the 7 of us that duped, only two got banned, me included.

Our gbank is still full of duped items and my guild leader is still slowly selling all his gold to Chinese farming sites. While playing on Steam with him yesterday, he told me he used that money to pay off his 2013 Sonata Hybrid. So that is quite a bit of cash, and it is still rolling in.

I know of a few more people that did the same thing, earning thousands of dollars.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
This is why ESO is awesome:

In my guild, out of the 7 of us that duped, only two got banned, me included.

Our gbank is still full of duped items and my guild leader is still slowly selling all his gold to Chinese farming sites. While playing on Steam with him yesterday, he told me he used that money to pay off his 2013 Sonata Hybrid. So that is quite a bit of cash, and it is still rolling in.

I know of a few more people that did the same thing, earning thousands of dollars.
Right, like chinese gold farmers didn't abuse the bug the hardest themselves.

logrus

Augur
Project: Eternity
I've always thought some sort of reward for community-policing of bots could be effective. Whether it's some sort of stipend for confirmed bot reporting or even just some sort of meaningless counter that keeps track of your personal reporting efforts.
It's extremely strange seeing bots in the game. They're eerie. That 85% figure is a shame.
Funny thing happened yesterday, public dungeons boss camping site. Spontaneous action of me and a coupe of pissed of dudes - we manged too pull many ranged caster mobs in such way that they started to nuke bots. But the mobs were out of range of bots AI so they were just standing there getting fireballs thrown in their faces, many dying. FUCKING PRICELESS!

Last couple of days I had no gold sell spam mail so I'm inclined to believe them about that.
Lucky you.

WAT? FFS, that's beyond ridiculous!

I'm really sad cause I do like the game and play it legit way. But the number of exploits, dupes, insanely broken OP builds, bugs to the 80% of Nightblade skills, bugs to the combat mechanics blocking ALL your actions for 10s, PvP broken by zergs of vampire pulsar spammers... It's a shame that the game was released in such state.
So much wasted potentials. And while the devs fix the bugs with quests and dupes quite fast, the number of bugged mechanics... It will take months to recover and balance things. In the meantime management will push the F2P model and the downward spiral begins... Sad, sad, sad :-(

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
WAT? FFS, that's beyond ridiculous!

I'm really sad cause I do like the game and play it legit way. But the number of exploits, dupes, insanely broken OP builds, bugs to the 80% of Nightblade skills, bugs to the combat mechanics blocking ALL your actions for 10s, PvP broken by zergs of vampire pulsar spammers... It's a shame that the game was released in such state.
So much wasted potentials. And while the devs fix the bugs with quests and dupes quite fast, the number of bugged mechanics... It will take months to recover and balance things. In the meantime management will push the F2P model and the downward spiral begins... Sad, sad, sad :-(

What pisses me off is how often I die to ridiculous bugs. The dragon knight has an ultimate ability called Dragon Leap that lets you leap towards an enemy, causing aoe damage and knocking enemies down when you land. Unfortunately, it bugs out very often by getting stuck in the original crouch animation. You then can't do anything for about 30 seconds. I have so often tried to use this ability during a fight just to have it bug out and watch myself get killed because I can't attack or dodge.

This game has the most obscure bugs that really ruins the experience. On my new sorcerer my daedric minions will often just stand around doing fuck-all while some enemy a few feet away is fucking me up.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Eurogamer review: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-04-25-the-elder-scrolls-online-review

Although The Elder Scrolls Online will be appealing to some hardcore guilds, especially those with an interest in large-scale PVP, it's hard to see it keeping casual and semi-casual players on the books - and it's those players who propel these blockbuster MMOs into profitability. Elder Scrolls fans will be put off by its rigid structure and weak storytelling, while your average MMO player will tire of wading through the wan questing to get to the good stuff. Even the good stuff isn't outstanding, and the game doesn't represent good value compared to its competition. Guild Wars 2 has, in most respects, far superior multiplayer dynamics and doesn't require a subscription. World of Warcraft, though definitely now showing its age, is an unbeatably complete package set in a much more vivid and enticing world.

It's tempting to write off subscription MMOs completely, but there are some signs of life in the sector: Final Fantasy 14 is doing quite well, and the forthcoming WildStar is in the final stages of a persuasive charm offensive with the MMO community. But there are only fleeting signs of life in The Elder Scrolls Online itself - and few of them have anything to do with The Elder Scrolls. Maybe this grand project sounded like a good idea in 2007, but now it feels like a leftover obligation: a game no-one really asked for, and a flawed premise from the start.

6/10

Black

Arcane
On the modern scale where it's 7-10, 6 is not that amazing, you know?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom