Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Elder Scrolls Online - gone B2P

imweasel

The big review sites and mags only give games a rating under 7.0 if they think it's shit. Any rating under 7.0 is considered to be a fail.

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
When considering niche games, a bad review is meaningless. However, when it comes to AAA releases, like ESO, a bad review from a mainstream source is pretty damning and hilarious.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
When considering niche games, a bad review is meaningless. However, when it comes to AAA releases, like ESO

According to Pete Hines, this IS a niche game. It's targeted at a very specific market of affluent open-world players.

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
The game pretty much is skyrim but with better combat and cave delves that actually reward (sky shard/blue items instead of random chests filled with cheese wheels.)

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Entertaining video about the kinds of things that are possible in TESO:

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Entertaining video about the kinds of things that are possible in TESO:

This is not Zionmax's fault, you're playing it wrong, learn to deal with it.

You have the greatest game of all time at your fingertips and yet you complain, because you can't play the game. Haters nowadays.
You're playing it wrong™
The Awesome-button of 2014.

7/10

Learned
According to Pete Hines, this IS a niche game. It's targeted at a very specific market of affluent open-world players.

Its a niche game cuz it probably sold like shit. I don't think this was intended.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
This is not Zionmax's fault, you're playing it wrong, learn to deal with it.

You have the greatest game of all time at your fingertips and yet you complain, because you can't play the game. Haters nowadays.

^^ This guy must go fuck himself. The zone chat in Coldharbor is filled with people asking about that broke as fuck quest. It can still be overlooked somewhat with sidequests, but with a game so heavily focused on a main story it is unforgivable to have broken main quests for so long after release.

In fact, there are way too many broken quests in the game. Every zone I went through on my way to 50 had at least one or two quests that I couldn't finish due to them being broken. There's one in the Alik'r Desert where you have to speak to the spirit of a dead woman, but only one person can interact with her at a time and she only respawns every 5 minutes.

Mortmal

Arcane
Jolly cooperation at its finest : Ah coldharbor , i've been the hero of the day running naked and jumping to my doom to trigger a bugged quest place holder impossible to reach. Yes i did it for the group and had many many thanks for succeeding the impossible ... I can understand some sidequests being bugged still but this is the main fucking quest., the most important thing in the game.

q06KHvm.jpg

But questing in Elderscrolls online can looks like that too:

eRIYzv4.jpg

Or waiting for a spawn with friendly locasl until a gm finally debug it after half a day :

GctmbG3.jpg

Or wating for a spawn with friendly locals to finally get that overpowered vampire skill tree everyone wants :

F6lw9dO.jpg

Mortmal

Arcane
Who needs World of Darkness Online when you've got TESO?
:negative:

Each time its nigh in the rift , its a big event,THE EVENT , friends and families go to camping ,spam in various guild chats, people making group everyone porting to the few spots , to get the rare bloodfiends or werewolves that may spawn... Its a huge design flaw again, they wanted it to be rare, of course everyone want to have it , it was expected , sometimes it feels llike they are genuinely naive and never played a MMO before. its not even a trade off , taking vampire skill tree dont block any other tree like fighter guild. The 50% fire resistance thing is annoying but except that i cant see a reason to nto take it in any build would it be only for the passives.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
More good news:

How to get unbanned from The Elder Scrolls Online, even if you duped, hacked, and cheated.

Good news folks, I have been unbanned from Elder Scrolls Online. I even got an e-mail saying they were sorry.

The method I used is pretty simple.

I stated and reiterated that I did not dupe, hack, or do anything to violate the TOS, and told them that I was wrongfully banned.
I pointed out that a few of my guild friends have also been banned and unbanned, and made sure to point out that we did nothing but farm and trade for our loot.

I also pointed out these two sites: Reddit and Sam I Am's review of The Elder Scrolls Online on Amazon.
Specifically the post that pertains to people being banned for farming the Ondil Delve. It is on page 3 on the comments section of his review.

Expect more news from me soon. I have 7 new bugs and exploits to test, so stay tuned.

logrus

Augur
Project: Eternity
I don't get this hate against the game.
Yes, it's totally rightfull to bash them for the bugs including broken main quest and mass dupes being the hardest offenders. My opinion is that the game is still in early beta, but you pay for access to it. 20 bots camping each public dungeon boss spawn point ruin part of the game. Lots of my class skills (Nightblades) are broken or bugged in some way. Yes, that's something to rant about. But is it that different than many other MMOs?
One may point out that class needs to be balanced, with vampire skill line combined with ultimate skill cost reduction being ridiculusly OP (true ES game landmark - you can make totally OP builds :D, even in MMO version of the game). But balance is constant problem in any multiplayer game, nothing different.
But I don't get the bashing for the actual content. For the exploration fag the game is very cool, everywhere in the world there is something to do - quests, dungeons, skyshards, word bosses, dolmens, chests, crafting materials. I don't feel like I'm running 15 minutes of empty land filled with trash mobs to reach something interesting, which is often in another mmos. Main quest, guild quests, major quest lines in the zones are really cool and I have fun doing them, reading the dialogs and engaing in the story. World looks really nice, art style is great (Shadowfen <3). They even managed to make crafting viable, kudos for that! Level of challange is appropirate, sometimes it gets really hard - that's something I did not expect in mainstream MMO, find it a good thing.

And lol, Francis thinks that Oblivion is better than ESO? Seriously?

DeepOcean

Arcane
I don't get this hate against the game.
broken main quest and mass dupes being the hardest offenders. My opinion is that the game is still in early beta, but you pay for access to it.

20 bots camping each public dungeon boss spawn point ruin part of the game.

Lots of my class skills (Nightblades) are broken or bugged in some way.

:hmmm: Wot? You already said in your post.You pay 60 dollars and 15 dollars per month for a buggy, half broken, early beta game and don't get the hate? Hmmm, okay...

And lol, Francis thinks that Oblivion is better than ESO? Seriously?
In Oblivion, do you have to play with Bethtards?
No?
Then is already better than ESO.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Ironically, I think a large part of the harsh outlash from the larger gaming community is precisely because this game doesn't cater to Bethtards. From the sound of things, people were expecting Skyrim 2: Online and they're angry because that's not what they got.

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Ironically, I think a large part of the harsh outlash from the larger gaming community is precisely because this game doesn't cater to Bethtards. From the sound of things, people were expecting Skyrim 2: Online and they're angry because that's not what they got.
they're angry because the game
is shit

Ivory Samoan

Liturgist
GOOD NEWS EVERYONE!
(got my first purple item).

fin

People wanted the new best hiking sim, got a decent MMO - rage fucking tsunami ensues.
Go figure.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
they're angry because the game
is shit

Which I didn't touch on at all. I'm talking specifically about large parts of the gaming community who genuinely expected another Elder Scrolls and are appalled that they got an MMO instead. I've heard people bitching in zone chat because they can't pickpocket guards and one guy bitched because the game isn't level-scaled like "all the other ES games" (his words, not mine).

I think a ton of casual gamers bought this game because they were expecting a multiplayer Elder Scrolls game, not an Elder Scrolls MMO. Those people will probably all drop away once their free month is up, the content locusts might stick around for the second month and 6 months from now ZOS will be discussing taking this F2P because it will be practically deserted.

I'm still enjoying the game, but I'm not even sure I'm still going to resub next month. I'll probably only play this again when it goes F2P.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom