Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

"The Elder Scrolls Problem"

Beastro

Arcane
Nothing new in these, but interesting to see the observations coming from someone outside of the usual suspects.

First video is shit beyond some of the joking. It's clear he didn't try to play the games enough to critique them, just to mock them. It's funny seeing the Morrwind video being a mostly praise one despite its title, all of it coming from someone who seems to have been born in the mid to late 90s.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Reading those pompous titles I expected something :obviously: . It turned out the opposite of course, with hardly any information of interest. Mostly infantilism and attention whoring.

Also - plays morrowind on Xbox. Lel.

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
Can someone give me a quick summary of the vids since I wont be able to watch them until later on tonight

resilient sphere

Educated
I wish you hadn't all complained about the Daggerfall/Morrowind style wikiNPCs because although they were impersonal, accessing one of them basically added up to a gestalt "town experience" where you picked up some directions and local colour without having to sit through any irritating characterization. Fast forward to Skyrim and, rather than having a biblical knowledge of the province, none of the NPCs know anything about where they live except the location of one cave where they left their copy of (random book.) Not a success either on the worldbuilding or critical fronts tbh

Zer0wing

Cipher
I wish you hadn't all complained about the Daggerfall/Morrowind style wikiNPCs because although they were impersonal, accessing one of them basically added up to a gestalt "town experience" where you picked up some directions and local colour without having to sit through any irritating characterization. Fast forward to Skyrim and, rather than having a biblical knowledge of the province, none of the NPCs know anything about where they live except the location of one cave where they left their copy of (random book.) Not a success either on the worldbuilding or critical fronts tbh
I'm pretty sure it doesn't have anything to do with complaints, rather that content creators at bethesda wanted to do less and less job.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
wikiNPCs because although they were impersonal, accessing one of them basically added up to a gestalt "town experience" where you picked up some directions and local colour without having to sit through any irritating characterization.

Indeed. wikiNPCs actually grew on me and so did dice roll combat. I just use mods to give them schedules and better animations.

circ

Arcane
nigga talks too fast. I can't keep up, stopped.

#oldpeopleproblems

edot: watched a little Skyrim. her msturbates over all of it. 5 videos just to praise bethesda really. ok good.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom