Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Elder Scrolls The Elder Scrolls VI - officially announced but you'll have to wait

Guess the Province/Location

• Hammerfell

• High Rock

• Valenwood

• Elsweyr

• Black Marsh

• Summerset Isle

• Daggerfall

• Akavir (kingcomrade)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Filthy Sauce

Arbiter
I am the worlds biggest daggerfag... If it is high rock, I pray to the lords they do something with that 'warp of the west' shit (or whatever its called).

Seriously.... The conclusion of daggerfall's plot is the most batshit insane nonsense ever conceived in video game history.... Mostly due to the morrowinds writers being lazy as niggers.... But it could lead to some nutty plot ideas for VI... Assuming they could get some writing talent.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Look at the world size, they probably imply how big it will be, F76 is supposed to be 4x times bigger than F4, it will be hueage

Turjan

Arcane
It's High Rock. Screenshot this.

Here are my reasons after heavily researching the trailer:

-The woods are too sparse for it to be Valenwood
Out of love for his troops, Tiber Septim changed the lands and did away with those pesky trees.

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
The visuals finally look state of the art... but after rewatching it, the following comes to my mind:

'The new Elder Scrolls will feature AAA textures and visual fidelity and work on platforms back to PS3'
'Omg, wow, how did you do that?'
'The magic trick was to remove all vegetation'
'Erm... What??'

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
The visuals finally look state of the art... but after rewatching it, the following comes to my mind:

'The new Elder Scrolls will feature AAA textures and visual fidelity and work on platforms back to PS3'
'Erm... What??'

What are you talking about ?

Zer0wing

Cipher
Look at the world size, they probably imply how big it will be, F76 is supposed to be 4x times bigger than F4, it will be hueage
Todd and his army of bethestards don't know math. In reality, it's probably the size of four of FO4 maps in F76, so 2x times bigger.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
So this comes out after Starfield, which itself is a long distance away. Why even bother announcing it? Guess Bethesda felt they had to make an impression after Microsoft's big bonanza.

After most other studios copied their "announce shortly before release" marketing strategy, they have decided to turn it on its head and announce things years early.

Gerrard

Arcane

'Erm... What??'
It looks like vegetation you'd see at high altitudes, but then you see a sea on the right.

himmy

Arcane
TESWiki said:
A common anecdote suggests that an outsider only needs to visit one or two High Rock towns before he has an understanding of the entire country.

I guess Bethesda finally said "fuck it, let's make our repetitive level design part of the lore!".

ilitarist

Learned
Illiterate Village Idiot
So this comes out after Starfield, which itself is a long distance away. Why even bother announcing it? Guess Bethesda felt they had to make an impression after Microsoft's big bonanza.

They probably expected a lot of people to be pissed off that they only announce multiplayer spinoff in Fallout 4 engine and mobile game. Fans of Skyrim/Fallout 4 probably don't like multiplayer in general so they get 3 seconds of new intro theme and wallpapers.

Allyriadil

Educated
So I wonder how many "Hand crafted dungeons" we will see in this one. Oh and what about the glorious radiant AI?

MilesBeyond

Cipher
See, there are two possibilities. Either they revert the changes they've been making and start pumping the game full of crunchy RPG goodness (not likely), or they'll make it into even more of a hiking simulator. Either way I'm happy because I get mad cabin fever during the long winters.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
It will actually be a PC/console port of TES:Blades.

Optimal screen:

eI9hDfU.jpg

A non-teaser that says nothing about skyrim 2 just to quell the hollering audience.

Announcement of Skyrim was much better with Godd Toward,hooded men,cool trailer etc.
5 million copies pre-ordered off the skyrim trailer, whoever made it deserved a raise.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
It's High Rock. Screenshot this.

Here are my reasons after heavily researching the trailer:

-It's got rocks and mountains
-The woods are too sparse for it to be Valenwood
-The mist at the start seems to imply you're leaving Skyrim. If you left Skyrim from the west, you'd see the coastline on your right, just like in the trailer
-Can't be Summerset Isle because they used that for the online game
-The castle on the hill looks like a pretty standard stone castle, like humans would build, not something weird and fancy like elves

Todd has fucked us again.

It was to be expected. I remember Todd saying once what he would like to revisit Daggerfall.

Action cRPG's ... F4, Skyrim, Witcher 3

serveimage

serveimage

TESWiki said:
A common anecdote suggests that an outsider only needs to visit one or two High Rock towns before he has an understanding of the entire country.

I guess Bethesda finally said "fuck it, let's make our repetitive level design part of the lore!".

That has been common practice since Oblivion.

If it is high rock, I pray to the lords they do something with that 'warp of the west' shit (or whatever its called).

Keep dreaming...

Last edited:

Shoggot

Novice
It's gonna be either High Rock or Akavir. The mountains combined with coast suggest former. If it was Akavir, I would expect them to show us all the inner islands.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wysardry

Augur
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I would like it to be High Rock, but the City of Daggerfall is closer to the size of their most recent games, so the Daggerfall region is more likely.

Whiny-Butthurt-Liberal

Will they make another remixed version of Morrowind's theme song, and then act like it's a brilliantly original composition?

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
This teaser is so low-effort it's hilarious. I've seen PS3 games with better graphics. They probably didn't even start preproduction yet if this was the best they could muster.

I wouldn't call this low-effort. It's an in-engine landscape art test to show off what they are aiming for prior to engineering all of the tech for it.

You just said it's low-effort with more words.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom