Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The enchanced edition mod makes all the right changes to stats.

Dedicated_Dark

Arbiter
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nt_cPLr0Ic8

I find the overall changes just incredible. CD Projekt is unable to balance their game, I'm over that. This mod makes all the right changes to most of the systems. Kudos to the maker. I most certainly will be using this when playing the GOTY edition for the game.

There are so many changes that are just absolutely incredible, from changes to lock on, alchemy, armor, lvl scaling... . I recommend watching the video.

Last edited:

Grimnir

Novice
Here's the description without the eye raping font and images: http://pastebin.com/i82FxsFz

I've been playing with this mod for awhile. Combat is much faster paced. Most fights tend to last about a minute, and fistfights end in seconds. I've died several times so far in Novigrad, which is more than unmodded HoS and B&W combined.

Basically, it's early death march difficulty with more aggressive enemies. Alchemy feels much closer to TW1, instead of the casual shit in the base game.

Spamming dodge endlessly will probably get you killed, since its invincibility frames were reduced and it costs stamina now. Poise is useful if you use heavy attacks. And heavy attacks are pretty good.

Signs are balanced better. Only igni and quen were worth using 90% of the time, especially in ng+ where most signs are garbage past level 60. Now, signs are about as good as alchemy.

If only he would fix the shitty mechanics outside of combat and alchemy it would be the best overhaul mod. Ghost Mode and BCE are better polished.

Dedicated_Dark

Arbiter
Here's the description without the eye raping font and images: http://pastebin.com/i82FxsFz
Ghost Mode and BCE are better polished.

How so, from what I see from their mod pages, they don't change enough for the combat to be like an rpg. They only seem to balance on a very surface level.

From what I saw, doesn't this mod give you a lot of options to balance it yourself!?

Gerrard

Arcane
It's a mod that makes a ton of changes based on what the autistic author thought was right, so it's probably shit like every other mod of this kind, for any game.

E: Well at least this one appears to have some built-in customization options, that's something.

Last edited:

Dedicated_Dark

Arbiter
It's a mod that makes a ton of changes based on what the autistic author thought was right, so it's probably shit like every other mod of this kind, for any game.

It's infinitely better than the base game. Most of the other mods usually make it worse, so this is something.

Usually autistic modders are the best modders, though, and fixing TW3's mechanics would surely require being a maniac of some kind.

Autistic modders are the best, mass input usually only creates shit.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Many of the changes seemed unnecessarily though. I welcome the pot/oil preparation, changes to signs and light/heavy attacks, and dodge frame/angle nerf, but the rage/stamina/vitality changes are not that really necessary. How far customizeable the mod is with the options? Can I reduce the impact of rage/stamina/vitality mechanics?

So who is playing with this mod? Any comments on balance/fun/stability? I'm looking to replay this game with expansions.

So who is playing with this mod? Any comments on balance/fun/stability? I'm looking to replay this game with expansions.

The mod has not been updated for v 1.30/1.31 and judging from the comments Nexus the author no longer works on it.

Actually I've already tried it on 1.30 and it worked, but decided it changes too much for my taste, so I opted to replay with a bunch of little convenience mods instead.

Ivan

Arcane
will not touch this for a while (cheaper 1070) are there any mods that make the combat more like Gothic, no enemy scaling?

deranged

Cipher

The mod has not been updated for v 1.30/1.31 and judging from the comments Nexus the author no longer works on it.

Actually I've already tried it on 1.30 and it worked, but decided it changes too much for my taste, so I opted to replay with a bunch of little convenience mods instead.

There's also 'the school of the roach mod', which I am tempted to try.

deranged

Cipher

There's also 'the school of the roach mod', which I am tempted to try.

Scratch that. Found the Ghost Mode and from what I've seen in the starting area it does a good job in keeping things balanced while being close to the original game. Sensible loot, stamina drain on roll, nerfed quen I am happy so far...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom