Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Evil Within - survival-horror game from Shinji Mikami, published by Bethesda

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012
Game devs yet again failing to realize the potential of video game horror. They'll never top films or literature in terms of a linear horror narrative, so why do they try, when instead they could create something unreachable in any of those mediums through open world horror design à la pathologic, resident evil 1 - 3, silent hill. Dipshits.

Also being on PC is not going to somehow make the game better when it is fundamentally flawed, you fucking maroon.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Fundamentally flawed? Have you even fucking played the game? Before you mouth off like some fucking retard?

No, you haven't. Wait until the game games out, and then you can judge it on whatever little merit you want.

You don't like the genre and the games, then keep the fuck out, and go beat your little meat somewhere else.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Fundamentally flawed? Have you even fucking played the game? Before you mouth off like some fucking retard?

No, you haven't. Wait until the game games out, and then you can judge it on whatever little merit you want.

You don't like the genre and the games, then keep the fuck out, and go beat your little meat somewhere else.

You seem to misunderstand something about where you are. On Codex every game is shit fucking terrible until it proves otherwise.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
TEW just reeks of lazy PS2-era design. You keep walking around and shoot zombies in the head while they encroach closer towards you. Occasionally, you run away from fat dudes with chain saws. It's like we haven't seen that before. Perhaps the level design and atmosphere will be the remedying factor here, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

I'd rather look forward to Alien Isolation. At least here the devs are trying. Old Mikami is just too old and lazy to try something new.

Stupid Bethesda. Should have spend that money on Obsidian.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013

Oh lol

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012
TEW just reeks of lazy PS2-era design. You keep walking around and shoot zombies in the head while they encroach closer towards you. Occasionally, you run away from fat dudes with chain saws. It's like we haven't seen that before. Perhaps the level design and atmosphere will be the remedying factor here, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

I'd rather look forward to Alien Isolation. At least here the devs are trying. Old Mikami is just too old and lazy to try something new.

Stupid Bethesda. Should have spend that money on Obsidian.

That's insulting to PS2 games. PS2 had the RE: Outbreak games, which had multiple playable characters, each with different skill sets and multiple endings, online play or a controllable party (ai was shit, but w/e), barricade systems, improved controls over past RE games, etc; despite some of the games issues it was a preferable direction for the series to head in than the Gears of Zombies shit they became. And that's without even getting into stuff like Haunting Ground, which blows any modern (and most past) horror games out of the fucking water.

DeepOcean

Arcane

LOL! Common Daedalus, this game didn't even came out and you are already butthurt defending it...man, you are a lost cause.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy

LOL! Common Daedalus, this game didn't even came out and you are already butthurt defending it...man, you are a lost cause.

This game hasn't even come out, and you are already BUTTHURT dissing and shitting on it.. and hating.... man, you are a lost cause...

See how retaded that sounds?

All I'm saying is.. wait and see.. instead of being an aspergie dipshit about everything... You don't know shit about the game, other than a few PS3 fail videoes from some whocares game conference..

by some no-name noob journos who don't what whats what..

So yea.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
'Wait and see'.... that's what all these hyped-up Pre-purchase retards keep saying. And then complain how lacklustre the game is when it's out, and how much they regret not to wait for proper hype-free reviews. And then the whole game starts anew.

Short memory is a publisher's most reliable marketing tool.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
I'm going to preorder all the games, because unless I've played them myself I can't say they suck.

ALL THE GAMES

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Who the fuck talked about pre-ordering anything, you dumb slut? And no, until you sucessfully played the game for yourself or seen some release-state gameplay on the best platform, then no, you know absolutely nothing about how good or bad the game is gonna be.

You can wait and watch the reviews and "let's plays" of the game when it releases on the release-day, you dumbass.

Jesus.. some of you inbreds on this forum. Truly remarkable beings.

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Daedalos, we aren't just looking at some banner advertisement or a bit of news that says "The Evil Within, new game from Shinji Mikami." The developers/publishers have already written plenty, held interviews, and shown a lot of footage of their game. Believe it or not, this sort of content does not exist just for the sake of existing. It is there to convince people that it'll be a game that's worth buying and playing. The people criticizing the game in this thread are doing so because they've seen this promotional content, and it hasn't convinced them that it'll be a game worth playing. I've seen with my own eyes the brainless chase scene down a single straight corridor, the meaningless gore scattered everywhere, and the nonthreatening looking zombies. The experience I've had with the game isn't a substitute for actually having played the game, but I now have a pretty good idea of whether or not I should do just that.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Then don't buy it, and get out of this thread :)

You wanna base your assumptions of something on un-finished early demo work, then go ahead. The only thing that matters, is the final product. Always. The rest can be disregarded.

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
What the fuck would the thread be for if nobody was going to discuss it based on what they've seen?

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
What the fuck would the thread be for if nobody was going to discuss it based on what they've seen?

Jerking off to the game, apparently.

Daedalos, you are one very motherfucking dumb person. Enjoy slurping that shit, bro. :lol:

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Who the fuck talked about pre-ordering anything, you dumb slut? And no, until you sucessfully played the game for yourself or seen some release-state gameplay on the best platform, then no, you know absolutely nothing about how good or bad the game is gonna be.

You can wait and watch the reviews and "let's plays" of the game when it releases on the release-day, you dumbass.

Jesus.. some of you inbreds on this forum. Truly remarkable beings.

Day 1 purchase confirmed.

Morgoth, you have been toppled as our local day-one purchaser.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Nothing is confirmed until the game releases. If it's good, I'll buy it. If it aint, then I won't. Very fucking simple. But the key point is, that I don't judge the game before it's released, because of some flaky secondhand perspective from some nobody journalist and some demo footage..

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Nothing is 100% confirmed, yes, but this is 2014. We've got more information available on unreleased games nowadays then we've ever had before. It's very easy to make an informed guess at what a game will be like just judging by the information available before release.

tl;dr, stop crying because people insult an unreleased game. This is RPGCodex, you dumbfuck.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Nothing is confirmed until the game releases.

It's being developed by a company that was bought by Zenimax (which made Elder Scrolls Online) who also owns Bethesda (Fallout 3, Oblivion). Short of an act by Allah this game is almost certainly going to suck and for you to play the "wait and see" card just shows how much you need to have your head cut off and have me make love to your women.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Nothing is 100% confirmed, yes, but this is 2014. We've got more information available on unreleased games nowadays then we've ever had before. It's very easy to make an informed guess at what a game will be like just judging by the information available before release.

tl;dr, stop crying because people insult an unreleased game. This is RPGCodex, you dumbfuck.

In this case, the information available to THIS game, is sparse. So make no judgement before the game releases or we see some real footage of a near-final build for all platforms.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom