Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Fall of the Dungeon Guardians - dungeon crawler with RTwP combat

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
1. Anyone knows how "hard to spot" secret button looks like?
http://steamcommunity.com/app/409450/discussions/0/496880503081956890/#c496881136900082289

2. I spend like 30-40 mins trying to get map in level 1 (behind iron gate). Any way to get it?

3. Talent to double Protector basic AOE skill, does makes Protector double icrease threat? Or extra threat do not depend on damage done by skill and is set value?

4. Any way to see "owner" of debuff? I have 2 warlocks who use arcane dot. Monster has 2 same dots, no way to check which dot belongs to which warlock, only can guess by damage done (=higher awareness).

Maybe add in text pop-up on debuff its owner?

Last edited:

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Whisper,

1- I just posted a pic of the button of the hard secret door => http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=555569520

2- you mean Level 2, right ? You'll get it by a complete other way (or once when you'll have finished the level it'll be easy to get there)

3- threat comes from damage, so double damage gives double threat

4- I'll try to add that for next update

1. This is easy to get! This same button was first in level 1 where your party member shows it.
If its hard to get, can you post pic of easy to get?...

2. There is map in iron cell on level 1.

r711z5.jpg

ManuTOO

Mana Games
Developer
Whisper,
1- easy one is same, but the stone is slightly orange and in the middle of the wall instead of the side ; it's very easy to notice it (except for colorblind people, maybe..?)

2- it's not a map ; it's a note ; it's the starting point of the scavenger hunt ; the rest of the hunt isn't in the game, so that note is useless (for now..? :) ).

TigerKnee

Arcane
As someone who actually played WoW, this game's combat system is really awkward. Maybe it's the way global cooldowns work or something but I'm not liking it.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
As someone who actually played WoW, this game's combat system is really awkward. Maybe it's the way global cooldowns work or something but I'm not liking it.

You have 4 characters, you can quee 3 abilities, global cooldown is 6 seconds. Basicly his means every 18 seconds you need to pause to give orders. Less GCD will mean you will have to pause much more often.

-> Made it to the Arena. Wipes few times, so changed my tank a bit, was doable if party focus on DPS and dont try to rest while 1 mob is alive :) All on strategist.

Also, for rupture dot to crit, i need to go into warlock tree? It do not crit by default? Also, Haste do not work for arcane rupture, i.e. it do not shorten dot time (unline druid hots which get shorter with more haste) - this is intended?

ManuTOO

Mana Games
Developer
TigerKnee,
could you explain a bit more what's wrong for you ?
The Combat dynamics are close of WoW, but of course as you handle 4 toons instead of 1, it's not identical either.

Whisper,
woh, you're made of steel ! Playing on your 1st run in Strategist difficulty shows some pretty good skills ! :salute:

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
TigerKnee,
could you explain a bit more what's wrong for you ?
The Combat dynamics are close of WoW, but of course as you handle 4 toons instead of 1, it's not identical either.

Whisper,
woh, you're made of steel ! Playing on your 1st run in Strategist difficulty shows some pretty good skills ! :salute:

I started first time, made to lvl 5, re-rolled to another team (tank, healer and 2 arkanists). So basicaly it is 2nd start. But game is certainly doable, all boss fights are challenging except arena boss (but its ok, you expect players to be low on resources).

Do you know this info -> for arcane rupture dot to crit, i need to go into warlock tree? It do not crit by default? Also, Haste do not work for arcane rupture, i.e. it do not shorten dot time (unline druid hots which get shorter with more haste) - this is intended?

ManuTOO

Mana Games
Developer
Whisper,
ok, still a good feat anyway ! :)

Yup, HOT & DOT don't crit without the dedicaded talent.
Rupture DOT doesn't use haste because the important point is to raise its number of stacks, thus if it was hasted it'd actually make it harder to stack it and thus haste wouldn't be less interesting.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Whisper,
ok, still a good feat anyway ! :)

Yup, HOT & DOT don't crit without the dedicaded talent.
Rupture DOT doesn't use haste because the important point is to raise its number of stacks, thus if it was hasted it'd actually make it harder to stack it and thus haste wouldn't be less interesting.

This means for dotter arcanists crit is useless unless invest in crit perk in warlock, and haste is just useless.

For bosses arcanist only rely on dots.

Looks like i will make arcanist-warlock dot build with arcane lock and rupture instead of torment.

ManuTOO

Mana Games
Developer
Whisper,
yes, the Arcanist doesn't need crit ; it'd be only used for their auto-attacks and their last big ability, Arcane Implosion.
But he really needs Haste ; more haste = faster stacking of Arcane Rupture, which also means less chance to lose the stacks in case of a miss or when being busy doing something else (eg: dodging an attack) ; it also means getting quicker all the stacks to use Arcane Implosion on them.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Whisper,
yes, the Arcanist doesn't need crit ; it'd be only used for their auto-attacks and their last big ability, Arcane Implosion.
But he really needs Haste ; more haste = faster stacking of Arcane Rupture, which also means less chance to lose the stacks in case of a miss or when being busy doing something else (eg: dodging an attack) ; it also means getting quicker all the stacks to use Arcane Implosion on them.

Arcanist needs crit for Arkane burst. With this skill i kill usual mobs since its faster then with dots. Arcane burst is most used skill and it can crit.

Also, I plan to use crit for arcanist dots from walrock tree (unless it works only from warlock dots).

Now my problem is tank and threat. To tank mobs reliably you need stack stamina and defensive talents for Tank. BUT if you do this - you cant hold agro since you do low dmg and all +threat skills are long cooldown.
So probably Duelist is beter then Protector, since he tank do more Threat (i think).

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Yes, looking at talents Duelist is much better then Protector for tanking and agro.

I think i will restart game in crusader and test it. Duelist can only use leather armor, right?

Doktor Best

Arcane
I like dat dedication and open communication of ManuToo. Gonna buy the game when my bank account is refilled

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
How does Mana addict works (arcanist skill)? You need max mana to do more damage or need to have low mana to do damage?

p.s. Whats wrong with lvl 10 mobs? Found two lvl 15 trolls, killed them with some effort, but i play on strategist, how i am supposed to kill them as lvl 9 party in crusader difficulty?

Last edited:

ManuTOO

Mana Games
Developer
Whisper,
more Mana = more damage.

For the Trolls, you're supposed to
sneak past them to get the loot, and then come back once you'll be Level 14 or 15 to kill them..!

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Hmm, i will try to kill them at lvl 9 party when i play on crusader, i think its doable.

About mages, i think i need -20% threat from arcanist and -25% threat from elementalist (how warlock removes threat?), otherwise buffs like extra +20% dmg or +10% dmg are useless - since you wont keep threat away from mages with tank.
MAYBE duelist can keep agro from mages, but protector cant for sure.

Last edited:

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Crusader difficulty:
Team: duelist, man at arms, necromancer, warlock.

Arena done. Was close fight, hard but doable.

Last edited:

ManuTOO

Mana Games
Developer
@Everybody,
20% off on Steam => http://store.steampowered.com/app/409450 .

A review from IndieGameReviewer sums up well the combat system of Dungeon Guardians (score = 4/5) :
The combat is exquisitely balanced. Yes, it relies on the generic trio of a tank to absorb enemy attacks, a healer to keep the tank standing, and two damage-dealers to take out the actual enemies. Yes, that’s a bit of an unexpected approach for a game that’s so old school in every other aspect. But it works so shockingly well, it’ll give you a brand new appreciation to the entire mechanic.

And for turn-based lovers, this user review may be of some interest :
I recommend this game. Fun to play and very smooth. If you enjoy crpgs with turn-based combat, this game is for you.

There are also plenty of other reviews on the Steam store page describing well and at length the game.

Lastly, the Modding SDK with a Mod for adding new portraits has just been released => http://steamcommunity.com/app/409450/discussions/2/492378806378228784/ .

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Anywhere i can dowload ambient music for game?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom