Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Forum Bitch/Whine thread!

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
The forum categories aren't designed around goodness, but around arbitrary categories.

Multi-headed Cow

We should have RPG forum, JRPG gulag, and general gaming forum. :rpgcodex:

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I'm sure we could make much better categories just as soon as we figure out what an RPG is. Anyone have a good definition?

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
How hard is it to understand that multiplataform western RPGs go on the console RPG subforum? Why didn't you tards complain WHEN the split happened? Why aren't you sending DU angry PMs? Don't you remember that keeping General RPG discussion won by a large margin on the poll and it was changed anyway?

And The Bard's Tale is now on your iPad/smart phone. Your point?
My point is that you need to L2READ: "For all those modern RPGs that have been designed for consoles as their target audience. Includes console only titles and games that had a multi-platform release on launch day."

I wasn't the one who made that shit up, if it was up to me it would still be General RPG Discussion. But it's the way it is. Also, inb4 "b-but morrowind was released first on the PC!"
But Xbox Morrowind was released after the PC version.

FLANK ATTACK!
I was prepared for your attack so there's no bonuses, also as Infinitron said it was developed as a multiplataform title.

Fuck your "my definition" bullshit. Popamole = Gears of War-style gameplay, based on shooting enemies that pop in and out of cover, hence pop-a-mole. That's the definition you'll find in St. Blobert's teachings. Every other definition is apocrypha shit created by butthurt apostles.

Multi-headed Cow

Fuck you, popamole has multiple definitions! That's the first, but common usage has expanded the umbrella of popamole to also cover declined and dumbed down gameplay, and/or repetitious gameplay!

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
I just assumed it covered all the dudebro dumbed down action and/or rooty dooty point and shooty brown and blooman games proudly sponsored by Dorites™ and Mountain Dew™.

But the way most describe it now, it just seems to be "Every game released after 2004 that I don't like and isn't covered by another subforum".

Lancehead

Liturgist
I like the current split of forums enough, because they're divided based on objective criteria, and not based on what each individual considers good, bad, or popamole.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It's a console RPG forum. The "popamole" thing is just for the lulz.

Lancehead

Liturgist
Sure, they should be in there if they satisfy the sub-forum criteria.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm sure if you bother DU enough he'll change it to what you want.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Certainly only good things can come of bothering DU, I for one look forward to our new developer specific subforums.

spekkio

Arcane
We need only 2 gaming subforums:
  • Goodshit
  • Shit
Imagine the fun mods would have with moving threads back and forth.

:smug:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom