Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The forums are being tinkered with

Nightjed

Liturgist
the 2 post blues are still too similar

Voss

Erudite
Or if you prefer an actual contrast. There is a distinct difference between too similar and look exactly the same. These colors are very similar.

Personally, I'm liking the changes overall. The blues could stand to go a little further to their respective extremes though. the dark a little darker, the light a little lighter.

The preview and submit buttons could stand some tweaking though. They don't look like they are part of the same form. Look like exiles from Crusaders of the Dark Savant that have managed to find refuge here.

Anonymous

I used to use this color set-up before the skins were pulled (except it used different art for the boarders and icons). It fits better, and I like it.

The blues look pretty different to me, but I have kwayze color settings on (makes everything more colorful).

Nightjed

Liturgist
meh i just noticed the buttons with white text and almost white background
sigh, i guess ill get used to it until someone goes crazy again and tries some other style, at least i got the font size back, thx :x

Jed

Cipher
This new shit is totally wrecking my eyes. I think I'm gonna need to take a break from the forums for a while. Please go back to the last style, or do something else. My suggestion would be a Syndicate II based theme...

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
What xJedx said. This is the most eye-unfriendly shit I've ever seen. I'm surprised that the majority likes it. I guess there is something wrong with me then.

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
Vault Dweller said:
What xJedx said. This is the most eye-unfriendly shit I've ever seen. I'm surprised that the majority likes it. I guess there is something wrong with me then.

Well if you don't join the club, you're not trendy. Beat it, beatch.

Seriously, though, this seems to be just fine. I have more problems with my browser's gray/metallic tones contrasting with the board's blue tones than i do with the blue tones themselves.

O'course, if you want to come up with a style that is simple, cost-effective, and doesn't hurt people's eyes, just go with Obsidian's scheme. Grays, blacks, and white text.

Jed

Cipher
My problem is more with the text. Like how links look basically the same color as regular text now, which didn't used to be the case.

Nightjed

Liturgist
Vault Dweller said:

i totally agree with you there

what i dont get is why dont they make a "new" style with all this blue thing instead of forcing it on all of us.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Exitium said:
No, there will only be one theme. Multiple themes equals too much bandwidth usage.
Can someone explain that to me? I mean, they're forum colours we're talking about here. Colours are about 6 bytes sent to the browser telling it what colour to display.

This style is better but now the buttons suck (well, they kinda sucked before but now it's more apparent).

The white in this reply box is a little bright on the eyes too. Actually, the preview and submit buttons are a little shocking as well.

Psilon

Erudite
Furthermore, even with different buttons people are still downloading only one cached set. I don't see what the issue is either, unless people kept logging in and switching themes every 30 seconds. Explain, please.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
We get a lot of guests and we did some looking into the logs and we found that there were quite a number of people (though not too many) who kept switching their themes very often. My guess is that their browsers had some seriously fucked up cache issues, so we got rid of the multiple themes and decided to simply stick with one. Bandwidth usage has never been better.

Psilon

Erudite
Not the way I would have solved it. Evil programmer that I am, I'd just limit people to two theme switches per 48-hour period until the indecisive bastards got the hint. Don't like a new theme? Go back to the old one and stay there.

This would also let the designers monkey about with themes, finish them, and then inflict them on the users. Honestly, the faux-stone decorations from Saint's original theme don't really go well with the current blues. Don't get me started on the white-on-light-gray buttons either.

Anonymous

Use the icons from the old blue-colored theme you had, the one I used to use (I think I posted it's name in this thread earlier). they looked nifty.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Finally, the blue is gone. Thank you! Whatever you are working on now looks awesome, btw.

Spazmo

Erudite
RPG Codex: where the left hand isn't entirely sure if the right hand is even around and WHO THE HELL LEFT THE MILK OUT OVERNIGHT GODDAMNIT

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom