Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The forums are being tinkered with

Sol Invictus

Erudite
I'll use the nbsp thing. New font is better, because it's the same font I use for the rest of the site buttons.

Jed

Cipher
What happened to the titles? Earlier today I was "arbiter" or something cool, now I'm back to "liturgist," which I remembered having a long, long time ago. What's the hierarchy now? Why the fuck are you so confusing, rEx?

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Questions no one can answer.

Except, it goes by a color code - ranked from noob to pro:
Red (Illiterate - you only earn this for being a dimwit)
Green
Blue
Bronze
Silver
Oak
Gold

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Exitium said:
Except, it goes by a color code - ranked from noob to pro:
Red (Illiterate - you only earn this for being a dimwit), Green, Blue, Bronze, Silver, Oak
Gold
I'm a daltonist so I prefered the old titles. I'm pretty sure my Savant rank is yellow and some guys above me have a blue title, so I don't know what's going on with the hierarchy. Not that it's improtant.

Edit: oopsie, the colours have changed again. Now I have no idea which colour I have.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
You're both bronze. Role-Player is Silver.
Volourn is the only one with an Oak.

There is only one Gold one - Arcane.

Spazmo

Erudite
Yeah, because an entirely superficial piece of fluff feature that nobody was complaining about and that worked just fine should always be replaced with something that needlessly confuses everyone. It's just common sense.

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
Spazmo said:
Yeah, because an entirely superficial piece of fluff feature that nobody was complaining about and that worked just fine should always be replaced with something that needlessly confuses everyone. It's just common sense.

It's evolution, baby!!

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Hey Spazmo, why don't we go back to using SilverStyle for a forum layout then? Nobody complains about that either. Hell, why not get rid of all the graphics on the website, not to mention the PHP scripts, since nobody complained that we didn't have a game/people/company database before we implemented those either.

I'd imagine that there was probably someone like you living in a cave a long time ago when they came up with the invention of writing that said, "who the fuck needs writing? we were fine before we invented this crap and nobody complained. now everyone has to learn literacy. BAH"

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Exitium said:
Hell, why not get rid of all the graphics on the website, not to mention the PHP scripts, since nobody complained that we didn't have a game/people/company database before we implemented those either.
Oddly enough, all of those features add new content and user features to the site. They're also all highly praised (well, except the graphics and forum style). They also haven't been replaced with a sub-par version.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Oh, don't sound so jealous, DarkUndies. Just because you don't have even a knack of talent to save your life, much less to work Photoshop or PSP to design the buttons on TA to make them actually fit the layout properly after you fucked up Monkey's web design doesn't mean you have to go all out and make up lies about the quality of the graphics on RPG Codex.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
I don't understand the purpose of those strange squares to the right of each button text. Can't we have plain "Send PM"? Are these to be any kind of moron indicators (I've noticed some of them have some symbols) or what?

I like the new buttons, if not for those squares.

edit: a minute has passed and now I like them, even if they have no sense.

edit2: is it my Opera, or is the ICQ button not done yet?

Sol Invictus

Erudite
ICQ Button is not done yet. Hold up.

p.s.

DINSDALE!!!!!!!!!!!!

edit: ICQ button is fixed.

edit: Should the moron indicators stay?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom